League/ Cup prize money

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Phariseu
Team Manager

League/ Cup prize money

Post by Phariseu »

Hi all, dont know if this issue was already discuss here before.
It´s midnight here in Portugal...and i´m tired for searching! :roll:

Last changes in transfer market, which i agree 100%, made transfers and values substancial increase.
I´ve seen players between 60-70 change club for 1M and youth for 5,6,10M!
:shock:

So, i think prize money for winning the championship , or second, third, so on...should be increase.
1M (only for A serie) is very low, when we see several millions traveling in transfers.
I think soccer project should promote this. Of course prize money for winning cup should increase also.

I think a better prize should increase the competitive in series.
What do you think?
Team Phariseu FC - E.1
h00psta
Team Board Member

Post by h00psta »

You make some good points. People are going crazy over youths who have potential. I see offers of 4.5M for CM players who have 92% in Passing for instance, and nothing else. At the same time, players who are fully developed at around 70% are only worth about 1M because only F or G teams want them.

As a result, I'm not too sure about this new rule to transfer the player if the bid is met. It's extremely logical, but I think it will be impossible to buy a player, and will also see the return of ridiculous asking prices (they'll be punished if they don't/can't sell of course, but I'm sure we'll see them return).

I don't object to the changes but I'm a bit concerned about how the market will change. Wait and see I guess...

As for League winners money, maybe it should be increased, but the last thing we want is for rich teams to get richer easily.
petheik
Assistant Manager

Post by petheik »

I happen to think that the transfer market at the moment is better than it's been. You have to remember that it's a free market, operating on the laws of supply and demand, and pumping more money to the game -- whether it's via higher winning prizes or whatever -- it'll only increase the prices and lead to inflation.

The only thing you can impact is to remove loopholes that can be abused and the staff has certainly done good job in listening to people who worry about them and fixing them. At least I really, really appreciate that. (And this applies to other things than just transfer market.)

Other than that, the prices are defined by the market. Because the transfer period is so long, you're most of the time getting the right price for your player. If you happen to get five millions for a youth player, you're getting it because the market values him that high. More money to teams and the price will only get higher.

As for asking prices, it'll work the same way. If you place a ridiculous asking price, you can't sell the player. Just browse through the transfer list and you'll see that there are many players who are good, but whose asking price is too high and they haven't received any offers.

You'll just have to place your asking price to the right, realistic level and the market will take care of the rest.

All in all, compared to the other couple of famous football manager games online, the SP transfer market is a beauty, a pleasure to operate in.
dreidu
Team Manager

Post by dreidu »

i think they should make it a price cap and salary cap for the players, so that people start using the signing fee, and the all other things in the contracts
Sjarel
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Sjarel »

h00psta wrote:As for League winners money, maybe it should be increased, but the last thing we want is for rich teams to get richer easily.
That is exactly the reason why prize money is not any higher.

@dreidu : Salary is already capped, exactly for the reasons you mention.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”