Youth Player Bug

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

jaluis
Team Board Member

Post by jaluis »

Yves004 wrote:If the chance is 1/12, it will always be 1/12.

If you flip a coin there's always 50% chance for either side. However if you flip it 1000 times it will be near 500 times each. But every individual throw has 50% chance to become head or tails.

It's the same with pulls: after 1200 pulls you should get about 100 from each position and 100 not good enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers
The chance being 1/12 is a assumption made by Oscarcookie in a mail above... what I am saying is that probably the chance of getting a bad youth player is bigger than that...

In the rest, no problem with the probability of an stand-alone happening - it always will be the same - but when you consider the prob on getting the same result three times in a row, your chances will decrease considerably...
Peja
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Peja »

If you flip a coin there's always 50% chance for either side. However if you flip it 1000 times it will be near 500 times each. But every individual throw has 50% chance to become head or tails.

It's the same with pulls: after 1200 pulls you should get about 100 from each position and 100 not good enough.

Try to flip a coin three times in a row. Do this 1000 times, and tell me what's the chance to have three times "head" when flipping this coin. I'm 100% sure it's not 50%... (The last sentence wasn't even statistics, it was just common sense)
Yves004

Post by Yves004 »

Peja wrote:

Try to flip a coin three times in a row. Do this 1000 times, and tell me what's the chance to have three times "head" when flipping this coin. I'm 100% sure it's not 50%... (The last sentence wasn't even statistics, it was just common sense)
It's less than 50% to get 3 times head in a row, but each time there's 50% chance of throwing head so in theory it's possible to get head 10 times in a row. So with a lot of bad luck you could have the same kind of youth player 3 times in a row.

Maybe it's possible to decrease the chance of pulling the same player as the previous time, but I doubt it's implemented here. So when the game-engine is going to give you a player he doesn't remember what he gave you last time and your chance to get a player with the same position is still as high as ever.

In short: the chance to get heads is always 50%, but the chance of getting 3 times head in a row is less big.
Yves004

Post by Yves004 »

The funny thing is: I got two RM in a row, than two CM and no two LB. :lol:
krcgenk

Post by krcgenk »

Yves004 wrote:The funny thing is: I got two RM in a row, than two CM and no two LB. :lol:
My last 2 youth players were CF's, that makes 3 in total. :) I also had 2 LF (also in a row), 2 LB, 2 RM, 2 CB and 1 CM. Maybe the next youth player is again a CM.
Playing in C.6
Manager of ReesingGenk
Yves004

Post by Yves004 »

krcgenk wrote:
Yves004 wrote:The funny thing is: I got two RM in a row, than two CM and no two LB. :lol:
My last 2 youth players were CF's, that makes 3 in total. :) I also had 2 LF (also in a row), 2 LB, 2 RM, 2 CB and 1 CM. Maybe the next youth player is again a CM.
And I need a CF. :oops:
krcgenk

Post by krcgenk »

Yves004 wrote:And I need a CF. :oops:
Who knows? My first CF was too bad and I sold him. The second is trained on his headskills: shooting 95% and heading 95%. :)

The third has 97% on his shooting and isn't maxed. :P

It's hard too choose which one to sell. I think I'll keep them both. :wink:
Playing in C.6
Manager of ReesingGenk
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

How much you selling them for? :wink:
Randall Rovers

Season 6: 4th in G.584
Season 7: 1st in G.584
Season 8: ???.....F.195

Winner of 16 Friendly Cups.
Phariseu
Team Manager

Re: Youth Player Bug

Post by Phariseu »

Phariseu wrote:... my last 3 youth players did not pull to main squad[/b].
For the record i have hitech center and 100% youth coordinator rating.
Another one. Last 4 youth players did not pull which means 80 days (almost 11 weeks) supporting youth center with no profit.
And i would love to accept "bad luck" as the reason for this... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Team Phariseu FC - E.1
anakin66
Coach

Post by anakin66 »

Today I got a bad young player for sixth time in a row (coordinator and center always at maximun level).
In my opinion this is almost impossible, but many people here persist to say that it isn't a bug.
I don't care about statistics laws, about dismantling youth centre, or about saving my money.
I would like to have my youth center and have my youth players, because I like that in a soccer manager game, but it's not possibile to have it here.
So I decided to leave this game.
Bye to all.
Last edited by anakin66 on Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
mindlesspain
Assistant Manager

Post by mindlesspain »

The one time I did get a youth player he got 90% in the only skills he had done training and I sold him for 4 million euros

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”