Youth players, whats the point

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

howie
Team Manager

Youth players, whats the point

Post by howie »

Whats the point of having 100% youth cordinator and the best youth center possible if every time a youth is made hes not good enough.

I have had doezens of youths that are apparntly not good enough so am starting to wonder if theres much point for me to get the best for youth when I dont seem to get anything from it. I think the amount of youths that aint good enough should be lowerd
Join www.footytalking.tk, unpopular at moment but please help change that by joining :)
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

Its just luck.

There is 1/11 chance of what position a youth player is plus the option of not being good enough.

So makes 1/12.

2 youth players in a row not good enough. = 1/144
3 youth players in a row not good enough. = 1/1728

Its just luck mate.

Another thing is, look at the market, i see rated players of 25%, 18 year old players being sold for over a million!!!!!!

You can make a large profit out of youth and youth is the best way for long term sucess at your club.
Randall Rovers

Season 6: 4th in G.584
Season 7: 1st in G.584
Season 8: ???.....F.195

Winner of 16 Friendly Cups.
Sjarel
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Sjarel »

Randall Rovers wrote: There is 1/11 chance of what position a youth player is plus the option of not being good enough.

So makes 1/12.
These numbers are not correct, please don't post numbers you're not sure of.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
jaluis
Team Board Member

Post by jaluis »

Sjarel wrote:
Randall Rovers wrote: There is 1/11 chance of what position a youth player is plus the option of not being good enough.

So makes 1/12.
These numbers are not correct, please don't post numbers you're not sure of.
The numbers that Randall posted were obtained from an assumption Oscarcookie made in other post... I used also them, but I´ve always referred to these numbers as assumptions, not as a fact... but probably these caused some confusion...

Sorry....
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

No problem, I've read Oscars post. I only wanted to make sure eneryone knows he only used those numbers as an example.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

Sorry Sjarel, thought they was a little accurate. :oops:

Maybe the words are should have used was random.
Randall Rovers

spacedancer
Assistant Manager

youth center

Post by spacedancer »

what I would like to see is with every notifiction of a graduating youth player is an added short sentence : " your next player will graduate before (date)"

so it's easier to keep track of the date-limits... as you should receive a new player ervery 20 days, if I'm correct...

or maybe that's something for the SPMT-bunch ;-)
season 1: 8 in C8
season 2: 7 in C8
season 3: 1 in C8
season 4: 8 in B3
season 5: 9 in B3
season 6: 12 in B3
season 7: 10 in C7
season 8: 4 in C7
season 9:
Organiser Soccerfuncups :soon edition 11.
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

Why not create a spreadsheet that keeps track of it. Thats what i did. So i do not forget or lose track on where i am on the progress.
Randall Rovers

OscarCookie

Post by OscarCookie »

Randall Rovers wrote:Why not create a spreadsheet that keeps track of it. Thats what i did. So i do not forget or lose track on where i am on the progress.
I thought your brain could manage everything on itself, so why use spreadsheets? :p
S1:- S2:3/E34 S3:1/E34 S4:2/D12 S5:2/C4 S6:3/B2 S7:6/B2 S8:2/B2 S9:7/A S10:9/A S11: 9/A S12:12/A S13: 12/B2 S14:1/C5 S15:6/B2 S16:2/B2 S17:7/A S18:16/A
S36: ?/H38
ezzyezzy
Team Manager

Post by ezzyezzy »

Randall Rovers wrote:Why not create a spreadsheet that keeps track of it. Thats what i did. So i do not forget or lose track on where i am on the progress.
Randall wroong word................get spmt tool
My Long term goal is to b in A Division....
My short term goal is the same:)
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

OscarCookie wrote:
I thought your brain could manage everything on itself, so why use spreadsheets? :p
Its like a diary. Helps me out. :wink:

This SPMT tool, as i said how much space does it take up?
Randall Rovers

JCBotero
Assistant Manager

Post by JCBotero »

actually i started out with y team with 2 18 year old strikers with 29% and 30% global rating, keeper 17 years old with 30%global rating and middy 17 26%global rating 8)
Soccer is life....actually it is a big part of life.
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

Randall Rovers wrote: This SPMT tool, as i said how much space does it take up?
This is off-topic, but how accurate is this tool in general? I don't use it anymore, but I hear it's very accurate indeed.

Whenever I hear what SPMT can do, I wonder about this. See, I'm asking because if this tool uses insider knowledge of the game and tells me the best formation to play, the best players and tactics to use, and the best contract offers to make with 100% accuracy, then what is left for us to do as managers?

If all the top managers are relying on SPMT, then we may as well be running our teams with a script.
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

Paul_G wrote:
Randall Rovers wrote: This SPMT tool, as i said how much space does it take up?
This is off-topic, but how accurate is this tool in general? I don't use it anymore, but I hear it's very accurate indeed.

Whenever I hear what SPMT can do, I wonder about this. See, I'm asking because if this tool uses insider knowledge of the game and tells me the best formation to play, the best players and tactics to use, and the best contract offers to make with 100% accuracy, then what is left for us to do as managers?

If all the top managers are relying on SPMT, then we may as well be running our teams with a script.
well, I'm using SPMT just to count the aproximate rankings of my players and how much to expand my stadium, I use my own tactics
visit http://geocities.com/ddomass - the official site of F.C. Atlantas this site is in English, maybe one day it'll be translated into more languages... if you will click on the ads
robborover

Post by robborover »

it's only a tool to guide your ideas. and it's easily than writing down all the stats and performances! but it's never 100% as it's a guide and things change (eg a player may max lower than expected, which means his global rating drops from what it could've been).

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”