Allow player to have more then one position

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

yes ( able to have more variety of choice and more life like play )
65%
no ( too complicated for the programmers and spoil the fun of game )
35%

Total votes: 43

monya
Assistant Coach

Post by monya »

Wont it be cooler if able to let the players have more then one position
or they are able to train to play in another position just like FM
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

They should be able to train new positions and to be able to change their preferrd foot or become skilled at both.
Randall Rovers

Season 6: 4th in G.584
Season 7: 1st in G.584
Season 8: ???.....F.195

Winner of 16 Friendly Cups.
Nistelrooy_10
Team Board Member

Post by Nistelrooy_10 »

I think it is good as it is, and it is not an easy think to implement in the game I believe. I voted no.
Arreciadas FC - Since 27 Aug 2004

/Nistelrooy_10
h00psta
Team Board Member

Post by h00psta »

I think it would be a great option, but shouldn't be used too much...only 1 or 2 players out of 20 should be flexible, for example a CB that can also play as RB.

But, the RB rating should be slightly less, but still higher than if you played someone there who isn't of that position...
Season 2: 1st in F.4
Season 3: 4th in E.2
Season 4: 3rd in E.2
Season 5: 2nd in E.2
Season 6: 2nd in D.1
Season 7: 9th in C.1
Season 8: 14th in C.1
Season 9: D.1

Friendly Cups won: 15

Back-to-Back Promotion Manager
matt
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by matt »

h00psta wrote:I think it would be a great option, but shouldn't be used too much...only 1 or 2 players out of 20 should be flexible, for example a CB that can also play as RB.

But, the RB rating should be slightly less, but still higher than if you played someone there who isn't of that position...
I share that opinion. Only two or three players on a whole team should be able to have this special position training and it should cost a good price (say 500K or maybe even 1M) + take quite a long time ( I suggest 1 season).
In that way it would be an extra for teams who're willing to spend the money and have the patience.
tmracht
Team Manager

Post by tmracht »

If your going to spend a million on training a second position would you still say it would only lose 3 in form? Else people would just buy another player, if you say a million and then he will perform the same then its worth it...Just my opinion.
The Revs, Chelsea, Fenerbahce, Milan
I must look like a glory hunter :( But at least it means the teams are doing good :D
silverblast

Post by silverblast »

If you would implent this, people would only want to be several-position players, and it would cause the "death" of the transfermarket.
I voted no.I also don't agree with what h00psta said.I like it the way it is now.
The Arbiters - F.73

Previously: Olimpia Piraeus - H.171

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools - D. Adams, 2009.
howie
Team Manager

Post by howie »

Death of transfer market, god its already unbalanced as it is
Join www.footytalking.tk, unpopular at moment but please help change that by joining :)
matt

Post by matt »

silverblast wrote:If you would implent this, people would only want to be several-position players.
Which would not be possible if only two to three players are allowed per team.
Though we have to be realistic and know that this would be a major change and probably a lot of work for Sjarel. It might be something for in the far future.
Aillerrg
Assistant Coach

Post by Aillerrg »

I don't really like the idea of a multi-position player. I do think it'd be cool to allow you to re-train the position of a player though.

My understanding of the youth system is that it's pretty random. This could lead to a shortage of players of a certain position. If it took... say... 1 full season to retrain a player to a differant position I think that'd be cool, and it wouldn't be used too often in terms of exploiting since you wouldn't be able to train that player for anything else in the meantime.

thoughts?
Midgard Devided!!
Falling since 852AD :P

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”