player positions

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Vaciux
Team President

player positions

Post by Vaciux »

I wonder why can't the players in sp change positions, like let's say player x is a cb, but you always play him as an rb, why can't his position change from cb to rb? In real life it's possible right?
visit http://geocities.com/ddomass - the official site of F.C. Atlantas this site is in English, maybe one day it'll be translated into more languages... if you will click on the ads
rubens
Team Board Member

Post by rubens »

Thats true in real life is possible, but this is not real life.Also a rb needs diferent skills than a CB in real life, and thats the problem that i think is in this game.
All the defenders have the same skills and their perfomance is evaluated equal.So the only different between a CB and a RB is the C and the R, i think...so, or we make it different, or let us change it as a RB or LB;)
from Venezuela to the World
this season: 2 in F.240
thursday 3/02/05 i swear i get the top

Do not buy players for your team!!! train and then see...
Pacifiers
Coach

Post by Pacifiers »

What about a sort of training feature, where you could set to train a certain player, say CB, as a different position, say RB, then it takes so many weeks to make the change. This could even reflect the severity of the change, ie it could take 5 weeks to change a CB to RB, but 10 weeks to change him to a CM.
rubens
Team Board Member

Post by rubens »

1)Changing him to a CM position is stupid...then we will have a 90% team plen of SW changed to other player position.
I cnat explain it cuz i am with rush..but the idea of changing by training a CB to RB i think is not good.Youc an train the position, the players chose it.

Pacifiers
Coach

Post by Pacifiers »

When Thierry Henry first came to England he was a winger, it was Arsene Wenger who moved to to being a striker. I don't think anyone can really doubt what a great piece of management and development of the player that was.

It could be made to be a long process, even like 20weeks to change from CB to RB, and if an option to move between defence/midfield/striker then that would take even longer.
rubens
Team Board Member

Post by rubens »

Dude, this is not real life, is stupid making a CB a CM or anything else, it would change everything in the game!

Pacifiers
Coach

Post by Pacifiers »

Dude, it's just a suggestion . . . !
Nistelrooy_10
Team Board Member

Post by Nistelrooy_10 »

dude where's my car? :D
just kidding.
it could be changes only if for example a defender have his higger skills from a striker
Arreciadas FC - Since 27 Aug 2004

/Nistelrooy_10
Plugs
Assistant Manager

Post by Plugs »

i think it should become a reality in this game, that players can change position, but they should only be able to move 1 position away from their original position.

e.g
a LB, can be changed into a LM a CB or a SW, and NEVER a RB, GK, CM, RM, LF, CF or RF.
However if you have changed your LB into a LM, it must still be treated as a LB, and therefore couldnt be changed into a CM or LF etc.
If you changed your LB into a LM you could change it to a CB, a SW or back into a LB.

Limit the use however by adding a rule like:
You can only change a players position once every 1 or 2 weeks.
This way it wont be abused, and will force players to make long term decisions on where they want their players.

Also, this way a left back will never be a striker (which seems realistic).

Sounds complicated, but fair :D
Season 8: Joined S9: Promoted S10: Left S37: Back S38: Promoted S39:Hoping for promotion to F
rubens
Team Board Member

Post by rubens »

sorry i wasnt trying to offense u..i know it's a suggestion...
Com'on a CB beocming CF? no fucking way, why? cuz there IS a problem, they dont have the same skills, o he cant play as good as CB that as CF...well i gtg..cya tomorrow

Plugs
Assistant Manager

Post by Plugs »

rubens wrote:they dont have the same skills
hmmm, well to correct my idea, keep a base rate of 50 for that skill (for all players), which should be a decrease from their own special skill...but thats will be just a drawback managers would have to put up with
Season 8: Joined S9: Promoted S10: Left S37: Back S38: Promoted S39:Hoping for promotion to F
Pacifiers
Coach

Post by Pacifiers »

Dion Dublin and Chris Sutton are/were both strikers who could cover well in defence when needed, so its not a completely ridiculus idea for a player to change position.

I wasn't meaning to cause offence either Rubens, and don't worry none taken, just think this doesn't need to be taken so serious, its only a game afterall.

I think Plugs' suggestion is about the best so far though, I think it could even be made say 20 days for a player to change poisition, longer if u don't have a 100% coach. That way managers do have to seriously consider making the change. It would give an new option in the game, and a perfectly good one.

Look at Alan Smith for Man Utd, he's a striker, but is adapting into a midfield role, and not even an attacking one at that! Players move positions all the time, its part of management, getting the best out of your players can also mean finding a position thats better suited to them, not just training. Alan Shearer once trialed as a goalkeeper as a youngster for Newcastle!! (Ok, so he may not have suceeded, but I think your getting my point, and if not then im just boring you with the examples! hehe!)

If this is an idea thats rejected then fair enough, but I personally think it would be a great feature, and it could also solve the problem of cb/sw's that are being debated in other threads, so lets give it some consideration.
rubens
Team Board Member

Post by rubens »

This is not real life!!!!!! Here you dont see the game... the referee dosnt have a % of agression! This is totally different, and adding this idea, with any of the suggestions would be useless, or it will change radically the game(to the bad side..)

Blue
Team President

Post by Blue »

*Darth vader type noises* Welcome to the Dark Side... *More noises*

Seriously though, I agree. There's no point to this feature. If you have too many CB's and not enough CM's (For example), then sell a CB and get a CM!
The Minster Men
Season 9: 5th in F.95
Season 10: 3rd in F.95
Season 11: 1st in F.95
Pacifiers
Coach

Post by Pacifiers »

rubens wrote:This is not real life!!!!!!
But you want it to be realistic? . . . . No?

You need to take some happy pills, cause your gettin way to stress out over a small suggestion in what is just a game!!

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”