Country World Cup

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Yves004
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Country World Cup

Post by Yves004 »

Saturday and sunday are still available to play internationals. I've come up with a system that would only require maximum 20 games, so 20 sundays or 10 weekends.

Since there are nationalities, we could create national teams and play an actual world cup. In the group stages each country will play one game against each other counrty in that group.

First round: 12 times 6 teams, top 2 progress.
72 teams

Second round: 5 times 6 teams, top 2 progress.
24 teams from round one + 6 teams.

Third round: 2 times 6 teams, top 2 progress.
10 teams + 2 teams.

SF

F
This would mean 80 countries can play and topcountries like Belgium and Romania don't have to play the first two rounds. Counties like Netherlands, Itlay, UK, Lithuania, Bulgaria and Portugal will be free in round one. This way no countrie will have a schedule that's too busy. Off course the next year other countries will be seeded.

If more countries wish to take part, we could use the same system in a B-ranking where the top 10 or so play in the big league the next season.

I don't know if it's possible to create it (technicwise), but i'm certain many managers want to see something like this.
You'll never walk alone
Yves004

Post by Yves004 »

Country number 80 has 3 managers, so the system would be big enough.

80) Greenland 3

We could even use the same system to play youth internationals.

saturdays: u20

sundays: national team
You'll never walk alone
howie
Team Manager

Post by howie »

National teams would be great, the managers of these teams could be voted in by memembers of their country.
Join www.footytalking.tk, unpopular at moment but please help change that by joining :)
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

only one question: how do u suppose to make players from different teams to go to national team? If you'll figure that out, then there will be nothing stopping the creators of sp to make national teams, cuz in my opinion it's the biggest problem
visit http://geocities.com/ddomass - the official site of F.C. Atlantas this site is in English, maybe one day it'll be translated into more languages... if you will click on the ads
Yves004

Post by Yves004 »

Vaciux wrote:only one question: how do u suppose to make players from different teams to go to national team? If you'll figure that out, then there will be nothing stopping the creators of sp to make national teams, cuz in my opinion it's the biggest problem
The national team coach selects them. Off we go. :D
You'll never walk alone
icy_boy_1183
Assistant Coach

Post by icy_boy_1183 »

what about the small population of singapore players...or even other countries...zzz...
Manager:icy_boy_1183
Team:Young Lions
Season 8: 4th in G243
Season 9:1st in G243
aciduzzo

Post by aciduzzo »

It's a great ideea Yves...maybe someday the people in charge will make it alive.
Red_Army_Squad
Team President

Post by Red_Army_Squad »

Good idea but I don´t really understand why some countiries can skip a round?
Remis
Assistant Manager

Re: Country World Cup

Post by Remis »

Yves004 wrote:This would mean 80 countries can play
we don't have players from all countries in SP. For example: nr.59 - Afghanistan; nr.46 -Zimbabwe - all players from Belgium.
FC Gargzdas. In SP since 2005 07 05. Currently in B.3.
Wordplay
Assistant Coach

Post by Wordplay »

well where do you go and help for Player Names for countries cuz im
%100 sure i can do player names for for some countries like ghana, maybe this idea could work, i like it, even though it was used in another football managing game i play online, but yea, people can nominate themselves and like said, we could then vote for who to be manager of the national team
Cicco

Post by Cicco »

And who will manage those national teams? How are you going to select a manager? With what players will you play? A selection of players out the existing teams? Will the managers loan there players for this?

I don't think it's a good idea to introduce this now... Introducing the CL & Uefa would be better. Or first the leagues / country , for the countries with not enough teams you can create a league 'rest of the world'.

The national leagues must first be introduced before you can play national games. That's my thought...
Wordplay
Assistant Coach

Post by Wordplay »

And who will manage those national teams? People will nominate themselves.

How are you going to select a manager? people playing the game will vote.

With what players will you play? players from clubs in SP

A selection of players out the existing teams? yes

Will the managers loan there players for this? dont understand

I don't think it's a good idea to introduce this now... Introducing the CL & Uefa would be better. Or first the leagues / country , for the countries with not enough teams you can create a league 'rest of the world'.

The national leagues must first be introduced before you can play national games. That's my thought...

you're right, they should work on national teams, maybe for now belgian, english, maybe others cuz most members playing are from them 2 countries.

But All this should be some which should be thought about well. how are they going to introduce the National Leagues to start of with and how are they gonna organise what team will be in the highest division.

Well i think national league should be moved to another topic but if i was to answer, it would be that we all get to choose what National League will be in and teams being in divisions can be doe randomly but im moving National League to another topic so we can stay on topic on this one
Cicco

Post by Cicco »

Wordplay wrote:And who will manage those national teams? People will nominate themselves.
A selection of 11000 candidate managers... based on what will be the selection?
Wordplay wrote: How are you going to select a manager? people playing the game will vote.
99% of the votes will be just a rondamly choice. Not fair...
Wordplay wrote: With what players will you play? players from clubs in SP
Not mine ;)
Wordplay wrote: A selection of players out the existing teams? yes
Like i said above... I will not loan my players. They will be tired , injured , ...

Wordplay wrote: Will the managers loan there players for this? dont understand
Explained above
Wordplay
Assistant Coach

Post by Wordplay »

And who will manage those national teams? People will nominate themselves.

A selection of 11000 candidate managers... based on what will be the selection?

good point

How are you going to select a manager? people playing the game will vote.

99% of the votes will be just a rondamly choice. Not fair...

another good point, but then they should try something like the manager with the highest rank

Like i said above... I will not loan my players. They will be tired , injured , ...

well then maye others will or they should make your players morale drop :lol:
Yves004

Post by Yves004 »

It's not that hard. All managers from a certain country can be candidates and can vote. Decide on what he performs with his own team, by what he's promising, his speech, ... The candidate getting most votes will become manager of the country for a few seasons.

The national team coach will have to select players with the right nationality. All teams will have to give their players to the national team. Perhaps we could use a system of compensation, as paying part of the wages of an international or something like that.
You'll never walk alone

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”