Redistribute the e,f and g divisions

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

robborover
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Redistribute the e,f and g divisions

Post by robborover »

Just seen my new league today and it looks tough. My friend has just been promoted to F.5 and his league is a lot easier than compared to mine.

In my league roughly 8 teams have near full team spirit and are rated around 74% (F.209), with only one FC Team.

My friends league hardly has any teams rated over 70% and already has two FC Teams!

I honestly don't mind a challenge and enjoy playing stronger teams. But what is the point when I get stuck in a difficult F division, compared to my friend in his much easier league.

I have also seen some teams in F divisions who could easily challenge some of the higher division teams, but they are stuck in their own league.

Soccer Project is a great game, but it is really off-putting when you can't have a fair chance to play in the A, B and C Divisions.

I know there must be quite a few others in a similar position, so please post to this thread and recommend some sort of redistribution of divisions to the programmers.
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

robborover wrote:My friends league hardly has any teams rated over 70% and already has two FC Teams!
well, the rating of the team really doesn't tell you if the team is strong or weak. My team is rated only 70% but I made it to D.11, but I have 13 players with rating <70% so do you think my team is weak? If you do you can always offer me friendlies and then you'll see for yourself.
Inconclusion I'd like to say team rating shows you nothing, my friend is in F his team is 72% but he doesn't have any youth players or untrained players
visit http://geocities.com/ddomass - the official site of F.C. Atlantas this site is in English, maybe one day it'll be translated into more languages... if you will click on the ads
robborover

Post by robborover »

so what does the overall rating suggest then Vaciux?

if it's not a method of defining how strong a team is then why is it there?

i believe it is a mean calculation of your best players and your weakest players (in global rating).

also i did not say that you're team is weak / or rubbish. my point is that some teams have a much easier route to promotion due to some leagues being a lot harder than others.

the fact that you made it to d.11 with all them players rated under 70% only backs my suggestion that some teams have an easier path. however, when those players (under 70%) are fully trained i think you'll find that your rating increases by a good 5%, as you have many players rated above 75%.
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

the overall rating is :
player 1 rating + player 2 rating + ..... = x and then x / number of players = overall team rating
visit http://geocities.com/ddomass - the official site of F.C. Atlantas this site is in English, maybe one day it'll be translated into more languages... if you will click on the ads
robborover

Post by robborover »

Vaciux wrote:the overall rating is :
player 1 rating + player 2 rating + ..... = x and then x / number of players = overall team rating
thats what the mean is mate.

mean3 (mēn)
n.
Something having a position, quality, or condition midway between extremes; a medium.
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

if you have only fully trained players, I agree with you it shows your teams strenght, but if there are a lot of untrained players, it means that your team has still some place to grow and also it means that your main squad is really good
robborover

Post by robborover »

Vaciux wrote:if you have only fully trained players, I agree with you it shows your teams strenght, but if there are a lot of untrained players, it means that your team has still some place to grow and also it means that your main squad is really good
i agree and see your point. we are just explaining the same thing in different ways!
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

robborover wrote:
Vaciux wrote:if you have only fully trained players, I agree with you it shows your teams strenght, but if there are a lot of untrained players, it means that your team has still some place to grow and also it means that your main squad is really good
i agree and see your point. we are just explaining the same thing in different ways!
yes, true same sh*t but in a different hand :D
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

Hey Robbo, you are right when you say some F-divisions are tougher then others, and it will be a greater challenge to reach the E or D-divisions.
But you will see, the higher you come, the smaller the differences become, because the FC-teams keep relegating into the F- and G-divisions.
Basically, what I'm trying to say, is that your friend (let's assume he is as strong as you) will be in a the E, D or even C-division sooner then you, but at some point he will get stuck, and assuming you stay equally strong over the years, both of you will reacht the same level.
I believe the best managers will end up highest in the long run.

Re-shuffeling is not option I think, maybe it's an option for the G-divisions before the start of the season, but in higher divisions you shouldn't do that.
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
Red_Army_Squad
Team President

Post by Red_Army_Squad »

I think all Division should renewed after every season. So you won´t be playing the same teams.
And robbo I understand your point, but the thing is that all divisions are like piramides.

Let´s say there are 500 G divisions 300 F divisions 100 E, 50 D, 10 in C, 5 in B and 1 in A. So your friend can get in the same division where you are. And by that time you both have the same rating.

If I´m wrong, then I don´t understand the game :roll:

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”