Change the way of calculating the Team's global rating

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Calculate a teams global rating according to the best 15 players?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes: 24

Zarathoestra
Coach

Change the way of calculating the Team's global rating

Post by Zarathoestra »

Fellow managers,

Isn't it better if the global rating of a team is calculated based on the best 15 players instead of all the players?

Now an F-division team with 20 players around 70 % and a C-Division team with 10 players above 80% en 10 youth players will have approximately the same global team rating!!

I think it 'll be much easier to define a teams strenght when the global team rating is calculated only with the best 15 players!

Greetz
"Geschichte handelt fast nur von schlechten Menschen, die später gutgesprochen worden sind."
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

I disagree, if it would be so, then what's the point of examening your oponents? If it would be only 15 players counted my team rating would be 81 instead of 71, so the oponents wouldn't have to look at my players, if they know my overall rating they already know if my team is good or not
visit http://geocities.com/ddomass - the official site of F.C. Atlantas this site is in English, maybe one day it'll be translated into more languages... if you will click on the ads
robborover
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by robborover »

no i disagree, the global rating is a guide to gauge how strong a team is. it is an overall measure not just the best 15 players.
rubens
Team Board Member

Post by rubens »

robborover wrote:no i disagree, the global rating is a guide to gauge how strong a team is. it is an overall measure not just the best 15 players.
I am disagree with you and Vaciux. The GR of our team just says the promedy of the rating of ALL your players...DO you see a team with 40% of GR and you think he cant win you? Of course he can...he could have 11 players 90 and 30 youngs.

I am agree with this..i would prefer 16 players

Even so...You always should check the entire list of players before a league match
from Venezuela to the World
this season: 2 in F.240
thursday 3/02/05 i swear i get the top

Do not buy players for your team!!! train and then see...
kjekspakke
Team President
Location: C:\World \Europe \Norway \Østfold \Fredrikstad \Rolvsøy

Post by kjekspakke »

i agree! that would be nice!
silverblast

Post by silverblast »

I disagree. First of all a team should be strong with all it's players, not just the 15 best players. Okey, it doesn't give the right image of a team, but there's no better way to display a team, because you never know with what players he will play with in a game.
Second of all, SoccerProject likes to give an advantage to active, not lazy, managers. It's a 10 second job to click on "players" and see for yourself.
The Arbiters - F.73

Previously: Olimpia Piraeus - H.171

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools - D. Adams, 2009.
Zarathoestra
Coach

Post by Zarathoestra »

now the global rating is a measure for nothing, everybody has around 70%, i suggest that we just delete it if not changed...
"Geschichte handelt fast nur von schlechten Menschen, die später gutgesprochen worden sind."
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

Zarathoestra wrote:now the global rating is a measure for nothing, everybody has around 70%, i suggest that we just delete it if not changed...
Actually, allthough your point seems logical at first glance, team rating does tell a lot about a teams strength at the moment. I agree however it doesn't completely reflect the teams stength, but that wouldn't be the case either with the average of the 15 best players. Untill there is a really satisfying alternative, I don't feel we should change it.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
robborover

Post by robborover »

rubens wrote: Even so...You always should check the entire list of players before a league match
nice to have you back rubens.
sjarel wrote: Actually, allthough your point seems logical at first glance, team rating does tell a lot about a teams strength at the moment. I agree however it doesn't completely reflect the teams stength, but that wouldn't be the case either with the average of the 15 best players. Untill there is a really satisfying alternative, I don't feel we should change it.
surely as it suggests it is the team rating (ie every player) not the best few.
Zarathoestra
Coach

Post by Zarathoestra »

Indeed, there isn't a very good alternative

maybe i'll find one after a while of time :)
Zarathoestra
Coach

Post by Zarathoestra »

on the dutch forum there was a new suggestion made:

take the average rating of following 13 players:

Gk, LB, best 2 CB's, RB, LM, best 2 CM's, RM, RF, LF, CF en SW

if there isn 't an SW, just make the average by dividing with 12
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

how about 2 ratings :
Overall rating (all players)
Overall rating ( best players)
Zarathoestra wrote:Gk, LB, best 2 CB's, RB, LM, best 2 CM's, RM, RF, LF, CF
visit http://geocities.com/ddomass - the official site of F.C. Atlantas this site is in English, maybe one day it'll be translated into more languages... if you will click on the ads
howie
Team Manager

Post by howie »

Would be nice, should be first 16 (subs bench included)
Join www.footytalking.tk, unpopular at moment but please help change that by joining :)
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

Zarathoestra wrote:on the dutch forum there was a new suggestion made:

take the average rating of following 13 players:

Gk, LB, best 2 CB's, RB, LM, best 2 CM's, RM, RF, LF, CF en SW

if there isn 't an SW, just make the average by dividing with 12

This would be a very good one for most teams, but what about teams that don't have RF's and LF's? They DO exist somewhere, you know :?

But I like the way of thinking here.
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
jkminkov
Team Manager

Post by jkminkov »

sum the ratings of players that participated in previous 5 official(cup of league) matches of a team.
http://www.soccerproject.com/team_detail.php?tid=5905

Season 7: 1st in G.5
Season 8: 2nd in F.2
Season 9: 1st in E.1
Season 10: in D.1

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”