no
9%
not sure
2%

Total votes: 129

Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

I agree that prize money for the SP cup should be raised. Right now I view the SP cup the same way I would view a friendly, because I know I have no hope of winning. I play my backups in that cup... or my C team if I have a friendly cup the same day that I am serious about winning.

And the leagues? I think the suggested changes aren't enough. Prize money for winning the A division should be more like 50 million, not 5 million. Seriously, winning division A is the highest honor that you can acheive in this game, and 5 million isn't a huge amount of money even to a C or D league team.

There *should* be a big financial gap between the A league teams and H league teams, and there isn't right now. That's why we've got people trying to avoid getting promoted, which is ridiculous when you think about it.

...and with the argument that a wider financial gap would ruin the transfer market... what would actually happen is that players with ratings of 85+ are not going to go to G league teams from the transfer market anymore, which is realistic. Also, G league teams who develop top players from scratch, and opt to sell them, are going to make bank when they do... which is also realistic. Finally, players on the transfer market who are rated 75 or so will actually have a few teams bidding on them.

The biggest improvement that can be made to SP is to widen the gaps between the divisions.
sljivovica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by sljivovica »

I hope Sjarel will give his thoughts on this...
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
Arkzein
Team Manager

Post by Arkzein »

Merely increasing the top 5 position prize money will further exacerbate the problem of people not wishing to promote I feel, I know I'd sure as hell want to stay in 3rd in a lower league if prmotion was costing me millions!

Wouldn't having a fully progressive system as you move up the leagues eliminate the problem of people not wanting to be promoted.

As an example to get some discussion on the matter:

How about for finishing 5th in the league above you recieve the same prize money for 1st in the league below. 10th (just above relegation) equates to 5th from the league below and only the relegation positions are lower making it actually attractive to promote.

ie:

(The figures don't matter, for sample's sake off the top of my head)

1st in G: 700K
2nd in G: 600K
3rd in G: 500K
4th in G: 400K
5th in G: 300K
6th-16th =whatever.

1st in F: 1.2M
2nd in F: 1M
3rd in F: 900k
4th in F: 800k
5th in F: 700K (Same as 1st in G)
Sliding scale from 6th-9th
10th in F 300k (Same as 5th in G)
Sliding scale from 11th to 15th
16th in F Whatever, same as 10th in G.

So as you can see it's attractive to promote as even if you think you'll finish 10th because you'll only be a fraction down on last seasons prize money, more than likely you'll be very close to it. (Whereas under the current system if you don't think you'll make the top positions you're a lot down)

I never thought it was very realistic just to have the top 5 positions getting prize money, though given it is so little in the current system it dosen't matter, but if upping the prize money to something more substantial it does raise the issue of not wanting to be promoted.

Anyway, just thought I;d throw an additional idea into the mixing pot.
Leporine Malefactors
S11: 1st - G700
S12: Resigned
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

Arkzein wrote:Wouldn't having a fully progressive system as you move up the leagues eliminate the problem of people not wanting to be promoted.
I like the idea.

We could also up the scaling system for advertising boards. Right now the default crappy board, without a sponsor, will get you 9000 in G league, and +$1000 for each league above that... or something to that effect. We could add more than that, or even multiply by 1.5 for each tier. Same with TV money. We already have a scaling system in place for these things, so it wouldn't be much work to up it.

I'd scale a bit harder than your suggestion though. I'd like to see the top team in G, for example, making about the same in a season as the 10th place team in F. That way there's no angles... promotion will *always* be good for your club.
FK_Vetra
Groundsman

Post by FK_Vetra »

I agree with Vaciux :wink: that would be alot better.
karlacci
Team President

Post by karlacci »

i think thats a good idea
ex mister bannato ingiustamente della 5 PIOTTE F.C.

Fuck off sheriffs
Remis
Assistant Manager

Post by Remis »

Arkzein, better way to eliminate the problem of people not wanting to be promoted is bigger prize for 1st and 2nd places. For example, if for 3rd place in F manager is awarded with 420k, then for 2nd it must be 3 times more money - 1,26M.
FC Gargzdas. In SP since 2005 07 05. Currently in B.3.
Arkzein
Team Manager

Post by Arkzein »

That works as well I guess, given even if you get no prize money the next two seasons you are still as good off as you would have been otherwise.

*edit* Could bring up the problem of people trying to be champions one season and relegated the next though, then chamions again. Especially in the higher leagues when talking of many millions and being very unlikely to make it into the top 5 in your first few seasons moving up. Though it probably would be less of a problem than those not wanting to promote at present.
Leporine Malefactors
S11: 1st - G700
S12: Resigned
valys
Coach

Post by valys »

Nice debate :)

Anyhu, I voted "yes"

stagnation - bad; change - good :mrgreen:
Ceea ce exista nu poate fi facut sa fie ceea ce este, de vreme ce deja exista.
modes98's revenge
Team President

Post by modes98's revenge »

Having just checked to see how much i get for winning F it's not alot really. With increasing prices in the market, due to H leaguers, the prize money for higher leagues should be increased.
m4gor
Assistant Manager

Post by m4gor »

the prizemoney shouldnt be increased, if you want to attract new players to play SP the worst thing to do is to make difference between A and H league bigger. There is gap which is big enough between teams from higher and lower leagues .. the stronger team always makes much more money because of using of higher team performance level .. in situation when so many teams are able to pay paycheck for 30 and more players with overall rating 80+ and to offer about 20M for a new player. There is no reason to make amount of money in higher leagues even bigger

as someone said before .. to win SP A-division is matter of honor .. and i say that its about honor not about money
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

m4gor wrote:the prizemoney shouldnt be increased, if you want to attract new players to play SP the worst thing to do is to make difference between A and H league bigger. There is gap which is big enough between teams from higher and lower leagues .. the stronger team always makes much more money because of using of higher team performance level .. in situation when so many teams are able to pay paycheck for 30 and more players with overall rating 80+ and to offer about 20M for a new player. There is no reason to make amount of money in higher leagues even bigger

as someone said before .. to win SP A-division is matter of honor .. and i say that its about honor not about money
New players shouldn't be that put out, since they will be playing against other weak teams. That's why I like the league structure so much, and why SP is better than most other online games... new players aren't getting hammered by more experienced players.

IMO, G and H league teams should not be able to bid competitively for world class players on the transfer market. After all, could you imagine Rooney or Beckham playing for a Conference team? That's what the equivalent is.

A low division team can build itself up by developing young players from within, and either selling them for huge amounts of money, or keeping them within the organization and going for promotion. That's how it happens in real life, and it would create a more realistic structure than what we have now.
robborover
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by robborover »

i don't think that there is a situation. each team has a fair chance and so they should.
m4gor
Assistant Manager

Post by m4gor »

That's how it happens in real life, and it would create a more realistic structure than what we have now.
okey man, this thread is about prizemoney so teach me how great amount of money club gets FROM ASSOCIATION as a league winner in europien countries France,Spain,England etc. i am sure that in comparison with club budget this amount is nothing
modes98's revenge
Team President

Post by modes98's revenge »

For winning the premiership you get alot more money than winning the championship and so on. Big name players goto big clubs, thats the way of the game. It is about skill to make it to the top, you train up and sell your youths and make money therefore the big clubs don't have the money anymore.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”