26%
Nooooo!
74%

Total votes: 92

Astaroth
Assistant Manager

To reject the promotion to a higher division

Post by Astaroth »

When team finish at the first two positions in its division, it's automatically promoted to a higher division.

It should be possible to reject this promotion and stay in the same division for the next season. The right to be promoted would 'fall' thru other teams in the division, they could reject it as well.

Optionaly, it would be GREAT if team could SELL this right to another team (also from different divisions).

Money prize for division winner should stay to the original team.
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

so you mean if I promote to D.11 division from E.33 (which I think I will) I could sell my promotion to D division for a team in H division for let's say 3M? No I don't think that's right...
visit http://geocities.com/ddomass - the official site of F.C. Atlantas this site is in English, maybe one day it'll be translated into more languages... if you will click on the ads
Astaroth
Assistant Manager

Post by Astaroth »

OK, we can add a limitation that you can sell it only to a team on the same level...
krcgenk
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by krcgenk »

Bad idea: if you don't want to promote you can always finish third.
Playing in C.6
Manager of ReesingGenk
Astaroth
Assistant Manager

Post by Astaroth »

krcgenk wrote:Bad idea: if you don't want to promote you can always finish third.
are you serious??? :shock:
krcgenk

Post by krcgenk »

Astaroth wrote:
krcgenk wrote:Bad idea: if you don't want to promote you can always finish third.
are you serious??? :shock:
Yes, and that's why this is a bad idea. So you want to finish second or first and than sell your promotion?

I really don't see the benefit of this. To who are you gonna sell this? The third in your division or as Vaciux said: to a team from division H? + you want to keep your prize money for finshing second?
Playing in C.6
Manager of ReesingGenk
Astaroth
Assistant Manager

Post by Astaroth »

I'll be the first in my G this season -> thus moving to F.

BUT I don't have enough money / skilled players / fans to be a succesful team in F division.

So, I'll make an embarassing jump into F and the season after I'll fall back into G again.

It would be a clever decision to stay in G where I can make some money and patiently build the stronger team for upcoming seasons.

The decision if the team is strong enough to fight in a higher division and benefit from it OR if the team will only get weaker (financially) for this senseless adventure is one of the crucial decisions that the real soccer managers have to make.

This is soccer management simulator so that's why I think we should have this possibility here.

However, SP is great even without this feature... :wink:
krcgenk

Post by krcgenk »

Astaroth wrote:I'll be the first in my G this season -> thus moving to F.

BUT I don't have enough money / skilled players / fans to be a succesful team in F division.

So, I'll make an embarassing jump into F and the season after I'll fall back into G again.
I thought you meant something like this. And that's why I said: just finish third. This is the easiest way instead of selling your promotion.
Playing in C.6
Manager of ReesingGenk
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

Astaroth wrote:I'll be the first in my G this season -> thus moving to F.

It would be a clever decision to stay in G where I can make some money and patiently build the stronger team for upcoming seasons.

The decision if the team is strong enough to fight in a higher division and benefit from it OR if the team will only get weaker (financially) for this senseless adventure is one of the crucial decisions that the real soccer managers have to make.
if you promote to F, I don't think that you'll fall back to G the next season, for the 1st place in G you'll get 650.000 and after promotion your fan base will improve, you'll get better boardings, so I don't understand how will your team get weaker financially :?: please explain that to me
visit http://geocities.com/ddomass - the official site of F.C. Atlantas this site is in English, maybe one day it'll be translated into more languages... if you will click on the ads
Blue
Team President

Post by Blue »

This is a bad idea for one reason: it's just not football!
The Minster Men
Season 9: 5th in F.95
Season 10: 3rd in F.95
Season 11: 1st in F.95
Astaroth
Assistant Manager

Post by Astaroth »

krcgenk wrote:I thought you meant something like this. And that's why I said: just finish third. This is the easiest way instead of selling your promotion.
This is against the very base of this game... This is about winning... :idea:
krcgenk

Post by krcgenk »

Astaroth wrote:
krcgenk wrote:I thought you meant something like this. And that's why I said: just finish third. This is the easiest way instead of selling your promotion.
This is against the very base of this game... This is about winning... :idea:
And the consequence of winning a lot of games is promoting.
Playing in C.6
Manager of ReesingGenk
robborover

Post by robborover »

just lose some games if you don't want to promote. it's a really silly idea. some teams play in very hard divisions and find it hard to promote so you shouldn't be so selfish to think you would sell your chance in a higher league.
m4gor
Assistant Manager

Post by m4gor »

i think that its not so bad idea ..
but please NO MONEY INVOLVED, you should be able to reject promotion but the selling is stupid .. your promotion right should automaticaly goes to other teams in your division (3rd,4th ... etc.)
matt

Post by matt »

It's not difficult to see your intention. You want the advantages of promoting (money prices, public boost) but you don't want to promote to avoid the risk of losing sportifically. I think that's not an option.
If you want to promote you have to take the harder competition together with the advantages. If you don't want to, you have to be happy with minor advantages (a lower price) and a better chance sportifically the next season.

So if you really don't want to promote, then do like krcgenk says: lose some games and end third or fourth.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”