New rules!

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

kjekspakke
Team President
Location: C:\World \Europe \Norway \Østfold \Fredrikstad \Rolvsøy

Post by kjekspakke »

so whats the problem of managers have the possibility to change their nationality each season (maybe for some couple of euro) and get youth players from that counrty? i think that is way better :wink:
Blue
Team President

Post by Blue »

kjekspakke wrote:so whats the problem of managers have the possibility to change their nationality each season (maybe for some couple of euro) and get youth players from that counrty? i think that is way better :wink:
Most likely because they want to keep track of how many managers are from different countries.
The Minster Men
Season 9: 5th in F.95
Season 10: 3rd in F.95
Season 11: 1st in F.95
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

Sjarel wrote:If you can't find staff from the nationality you want, you can help us add yourcountry in this topic : http://forum.soccerproject.com/viewtopic.php?t=34006

I'll try to add some more foreign staff and remove some Belgian staff members.
So does this mean that if, say, you have 45 American owners in soccerproject that you will take the time to make sure that have at least 45 American youth co-ordinators? And will you have enough co-ordinators to make sure that all of the Belgian owners can create Belgian players if they so wish? And what if, in the event I listed above, Belgian players happen to snap up 10 of the American co-ordinators? I'll tell you... what would happen is, 10 American owners won't be able to generate players from their own country, even though their team is situated there.

I just don't understand why you're willing to invest this much time in a change that is looking to be very unpopular and has nothing more than cosmetic value anyway.

It's not even vaguely realistic. If I really was running a small soccer team on the east coast of the United States, but the guy who trained my young players happened to be from Turkey, do you think that every single one of my players would be Turkish?

Here's another way of putting it... at my job, the guy interviewing potential new hires for my company happens to be from Canada. But not everyone he hires is Canadian. Why? Because the company is in America. Just by the virtue of its location, most of the people we hire will be Americans, and in SoccerProject we set the location of our team when we set our nationality, not when we hire a youth co-ordinator.

And as has been said before, what if all of the Polish or Canadian or whatever nationality youth co-ordinators happen to be terrible? Sure, they can be improved, but it would basically add up to being a tax for being from a small nation.

There's just nothing good at all about this idea.
Isis
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Isis »

Paul_G wrote:
Sjarel wrote:If you can't find staff from the nationality you want, you can help us add yourcountry in this topic : http://forum.soccerproject.com/viewtopic.php?t=34006

I'll try to add some more foreign staff and remove some Belgian staff members.
So does this mean that if, say, you have 45 American owners in soccerproject that you will take the time to make sure that have at least 45 American youth co-ordinators? And will you have enough co-ordinators to make sure that all of the Belgian owners can create Belgian players if they so wish? And what if, in the event I listed above, Belgian players happen to snap up 10 of the American co-ordinators? I'll tell you... what would happen is, 10 American owners won't be able to generate players from their own country, even though their team is situated there.

I just don't understand why you're willing to invest this much time in a change that is looking to be very unpopular and has nothing more than cosmetic value anyway.

It's not even vaguely realistic. If I really was running a small soccer team on the east coast of the United States, but the guy who trained my young players happened to be from Turkey, do you think that every single one of my players would be Turkish?

Here's another way of putting it... at my job, the guy interviewing potential new hires for my company happens to be from Canada. But not everyone he hires is Canadian. Why? Because the company is in America. Just by the virtue of its location, most of the people we hire will be Americans, and in SoccerProject we set the location of our team when we set our nationality, not when we hire a youth co-ordinator.

And as has been said before, what if all of the Polish or Canadian or whatever nationality youth co-ordinators happen to be terrible? Sure, they can be improved, but it would basically add up to being a tax for being from a small nation.

There's just nothing good at all about this idea.
Come on, relax, you act like this is something imortant?! It's meant to be fun, lots of managers want to have different nationalities in their teams. This is a way to get more nationalities. And by the way, I don't really care as long as the youth players will become 90% :-)
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

Isis wrote:Come on, relax, you act like this is something imortant?!
It's not important to my life really... I just like to write. And it's so easy to poke holes in this new rule, after all :)

But I never said it was important. That was my point. It's just a cosmetic change and it's taking up development time that could be used to improve youth development or in-game strategy. Surely work on those things would be much better for the game than this?
Isis wrote: It's meant to be fun, lots of managers want to have different nationalities in their teams.
If you read most of the posts on this thread, apparently lots of managers don't, too. I'm an American team and right now about 35% of my players are American. In 3-4 seasons it's likely I won't have a single player from my own country on my team.

Are you Belgian or maybe Dutch? I can easily see why a Belgian or Dutch manager would support this because it must get dull seeing nothing but players from that region. But I bet 90% of foreign managers dislike this change.
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

First of all, I think it's up to us to decide which features we introduce first, there are a lot of things you guys don't know about that we have to take into account.

The reason for this change is simple. We did want managers to be able to change their nationality, but we didn't want them to change because of the youth player nationality. On top of this, the new system offers each manager extra control over his youth players, but nobody is obliged to use this.

I can understand this is somewhat hard in the beginning, but I feel this is a n improvement in the long term. Adding random to the youth player nationality is exactly what managers do not want, they want control.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
rene
Groundsman

Post by rene »

Sjarel wrote:First of all, I think it's up to us to decide which features we introduce first, there are a lot of things you guys don't know about that we have to take into account.

The reason for this change is simple. We did want managers to be able to change their nationality, but we didn't want them to change because of the youth player nationality. On top of this, the new system offers each manager extra control over his youth players, but nobody is obliged to use this.

I can understand this is somewhat hard in the beginning, but I feel this is a n improvement in the long term. Adding random to the youth player nationality is exactly what managers do not want, they want control.
Ok....just give a lot of slovak nationality stuff!!!
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

I've just checked for the first time... all of my staff are Belgian.

So it's ironic that, in an effort to make the pool of players more nationally diverse, we now set up a situation where American, English, and who knows what other nationalities are are going to be creating more bloody Belgian players. :D

Sjarel, of course it's up to you and the development team to decide what features to implement and when. Ultimately this is your game, and letting the youth co-ordinator determine the nationality of youth players is a quicker fix than adding something that allows the player to pick where they want to scout. But if your long term goal is to expand the game further in countries outside of Belgium and Holland, I would think that a change like this, that most foreign owners seem to dislike, would hurt that goal.

I'll go and find an American youth co-ordinator now, so I can get off this topic. I'll have to pay for training, the Belgian co-ordinators remaining salary, and plus I might lose my next youth player because my new co-ordinator will be incompetant for a while. But I suppose it's not really that big of a deal. It certainly won't ruin my franchise.

Anyway, all this is just my opinion for what it's worth... I'll shut up now. :wink:
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

Paul_G wrote:Anyway, all this is just my opinion for what it's worth... I'll shut up now. :wink:
IMO you should keep speaking, cause I mostly agree with what you're saying, and your opinion is worth something, at least for me... keep it up ;)
visit http://geocities.com/ddomass - the official site of F.C. Atlantas this site is in English, maybe one day it'll be translated into more languages... if you will click on the ads
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

Vaciux wrote:
Paul_G wrote:Anyway, all this is just my opinion for what it's worth... I'll shut up now. :wink:
IMO you should keep speaking, cause I mostly agree with what you're saying, and your opinion is worth something, at least for me... keep it up ;)
I certainly don't want you to shut up. All manager input is valuable and of course not everyone can agree with everyone all the time.

Btw, I would suggest you wait for your next youth player before looking for a new staf member...
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

Sjarel wrote:
Vaciux wrote:
I certainly don't want you to shut up. All manager input is valuable and of course not everyone can agree with everyone all the time.

Btw, I would suggest you wait for your next youth player before looking for a new staf member...
Oh, I didn't mean I'd shut up in general, now. :D

I just meant I didn't want to harp on this topic. I've made my position known, and there's a fine line between criticism to try and make something better, and just going on and on to where you're bashing a game and the developers.

I'm glad to see our opinions are being taken seriously on here, and I'm sure that things will be set up soon to where if someone wants to represent their own country in the players they develop, that it will be easy to do so.

Yes, thinking about it, I will wait till my next youth comes up to make the change. Or maybe make the change this coming Friday so that I can get the new guy in a class quickly, if I run out of patience. :)
mikoraul
Assistant Manager

Post by mikoraul »

new rule is real stupid!!! i dont want BULGARIAN players! :cry:
Manažer-mikoraul Klub-The SUNS(pred 3 rokmi,deleted)
Manažer-mikoraul Klub-Burning Flames(activated 23.8.09)
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

mikoraul wrote:new rule is real stupid!!! i dont want BULGARIAN players! :cry:
Then sign a new youth coordinator.
mikoraul
Assistant Manager

Post by mikoraul »

"oh you are real clever" find me SLOVAK youth coordinator i looked at all pages but SLOVAKIAN youth coordinator wasnt there!! put there more slovak youth coordinator and i will do that
Manažer-mikoraul Klub-The SUNS(pred 3 rokmi,deleted)
Manažer-mikoraul Klub-Burning Flames(activated 23.8.09)
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

There is no need to yell.

There are no Slovak staff members, because we simply don't have a list of Slovak staff names.

http://forum.soccerproject.com/viewtopic.php?t=34006

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”