Default staff members for new teams.

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Paul_G
Team Board Member

Default staff members for new teams.

Post by Paul_G »

I was just looking at the thread from the Czech manager where he was talking about youth co-ordinators, and it struck me that new players start out without any staff at all, and they might not know the rule concerning the youths.

Also, even if they do know the rule, new players who have no history with this game are not going to take the time to submit 50 names to Hoevi... they're just going to say, 'Screw this', and move on to another game.

So I propose that when a new team is created, it comes with default staff members from the home nation, each with one year contracts. I don't think it's unreasonable to make a default assumption that an SP owner will want youth players and staff from his own country.

At one brief point in the past, America...
At one brief point in the future, the world?
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

this is a great idea, cause now there are a lot of complaints like:

I can't find a youth co-ordinator from my country
why am I not getting any youths, though I have a youth center? What I need a youth co-ordinator for that?!

After a while it starts to get on your nerves answering the same questions over and over again, this improvement would save a lot of our brain cells ;)
visit http://geocities.com/ddomass - the official site of F.C. Atlantas this site is in English, maybe one day it'll be translated into more languages... if you will click on the ads
hanan
Assistant Coach

Post by hanan »

:D hi,
I always get new youth player from my country however one youth player one season heheheheehe but never mind sometimes i buy youth player from other manager with of course with bargaining offer. :lol:
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

That's because you happened to have a youth co-ordinator from your own country before the change... so you're unlucky about getting new players, but lucky in that regard at least. 8)

matt
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by matt »

So you mean default staff members, as in not having to attract them to your team because they already are employed?

I don't know, I have two remarks:

1) Any team that starts irl has to find a decent staff for themselves, right? They don't get it like a present :)

2) If a team doesn't want staff members from its country, it will have to wait a season to get rid of them, or even compensate if they fire them. Doesn't seem so fair to me.

If I misunderstood, my apologies then.
modes98's revenge
Team President

Post by modes98's revenge »

The team isn't starting up though it's as if a new manager has joined the club surely? Staff should be given a few weeks contract then and it's up to the manager if they keep them.

I have gone for an australian youth co-ord because i couldn't get a UK one and have got him up to 100% before my next youth, i will be changing in a season to a UK one though!
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

matt wrote:So you mean default staff members, as in not having to attract them to your team because they already are employed?

I don't know, I have two remarks:

1) Any team that starts irl has to find a decent staff for themselves, right? They don't get it like a present :)

2) If a team doesn't want staff members from its country, it will have to wait a season to get rid of them, or even compensate if they fire them. Doesn't seem so fair to me.

Yes, that is what I mean. After all, a team starts with players, right? So why not staff?

1. I'm not saying they should get a great staff. Give them a bunch of guys who are rated 15-25%, so that they need training like anyone else. The main thing is that people should always have the option of having staff from their own country... always. And as Mode said, it's not like a new manager IRL is going to be looking all over the world for staff. Odds are he's going to already have staff, or he's going to be able to pick up local staff fairly easily.

2. How much would compensation be for staff for a year? 40,000 tops? That's nothing. I lost much more than that when I had to switch YC's, and probably lost a youth player as a result.

Plus I'd guess that the vast majority of owners actually do want to have people from their own country on their team. It seems like common sense to assume this... I don't understand why people feel that this is not the case.

robborover

Post by robborover »

yeah just make them untrained staff. i think it's a decent idea pauly. either that or add FILTERS so you don't have to trawl through 20 odd pages.
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

matt wrote:1) Any team that starts irl has to find a decent staff for themselves, right? They don't get it like a present :)

1) well IMO new teams at first don't have any staff at all ;) it depends on the amount of money the team has, and at first the founder of the club is also the manager, doctor, scout and couch at the same time :D so the team saves a lot of money ;)

2) do you think newly founded teams irl from let's say Lithuania buy a doctor from Australia? We have coaches from Russia and Brazil, but the other staff is 99% Lithuanian (1% Russians that still live in Lithaunia)
visit http://geocities.com/ddomass - the official site of F.C. Atlantas this site is in English, maybe one day it'll be translated into more languages... if you will click on the ads
matt

Post by matt »

Alright, drawing the line to the players, this could be an acceptable addition to the game.
Mainly because who starts doesn't choose the nationality of his players either.
The only thing that would still bug me a bit, is the fact that this is a proposal to make it a bit easier. But that's just a minor thought.
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

I feel it's important managers have to hire staff themselves, but I agree most managers will probably want to hire staff from their own country which is not alays possible at the moment.

Maybe we should create extra staff for each new subscription, this way new managers will always (in theory) have at least one staffmember from their own country to choose from ....
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
robborover

Post by robborover »

Sjarel wrote:Maybe we should create extra staff for each new subscription, this way new managers will always (in theory) have at least one staffmember from their own country to choose from ....
That makes sense to me.
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

Sjarel wrote:I feel it's important managers have to hire staff themselves, but I agree most managers will probably want to hire staff from their own country which is not alays possible at the moment.

Maybe we should create extra staff for each new subscription, this way new managers will always (in theory) have at least one staffmember from their own country to choose from ....
I like that, too... it would work well, as long as there are enough staff members from each country to cover the owners who are already here. I gather this isn't the case with the Czech Republic, for example. Removing the names requirement so that you can have a couple of staff available in the pool from even the most off the wall places would be helpful, too.

Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

Sjarel wrote:I feel it's important managers have to hire staff themselves, but I agree most managers will probably want to hire staff from their own country which is not alays possible at the moment.

this has been implemented now. You can also select a country on the staff list pages, which makes it easier to look for a certain nationality.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

Very nice! Thanks. :D

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”