Why not simply let managers choose nationality of youth?

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

kolarma1
Coach

Why not simply let managers choose nationality of youth?

Post by kolarma1 »

There's been a lot of talk about being better able to influence nationality of youth players. I suggest after one youth player is generated that the manager is given an option to choose the nationality of the next youth player, which would not matter for the quality of the new player. In real life clubs choose where to send scouts, so I don't see how this is less realistic than the current system. Or at least give the option to choose let's say 5 countries from all countries and then the country from the 5 will be picked randomly. What do you say?
team: Midwest Pirates, C.9

How the blazes did you get off that island?
- When you marooned me on that god forsaken spit of land, you forgot one very important thing, mate: I'm Captain Jack Sparrow!
robborover
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by robborover »

you can pick their nationality by buying a coordinator from your chosen country.
kolarma1
Coach

re:

Post by kolarma1 »

I know that. But why so complicated. It was said that this was changed so that we can better influence their nationality. So why not let us pick it directly? It seems to me it would accomplish the same thing in a much easier way without any undesirable effects. :?

- When you marooned me on that god forsaken spit of land, you forgot one very important thing, mate: I'm Captain Jack Sparrow!
robborover

Post by robborover »

without sounding patronising the game says "can you manage it?" not what do you want to have. :wink:
Astaroth
Assistant Manager

Post by Astaroth »

Great idea and the right solution... :wink:
kolarma1
Coach

Post by kolarma1 »

robborover wrote:without sounding patronising the game says "can you manage it?" not what do you want to have. :wink:
I don't really care that much whether we can do it or not. It's just that many people keep bringing it up. I was quite happy with the way it was prior to the change. However this new change seems silly, why would you make the youth the same nationality as the coordinator? Answer was given: to be able to influence the nationality. So my thinking is, well if you want people to be able to pick the nationality of their youth players, why do it in a silly and complicated way like this that doesn't make much sense? My coordinator is from San Salvador, I think, and I am not going to jeopardize my youth system by changing him, so that change actually made me worse off, since I was happier with how it was before. :?

robborover

Post by robborover »

your youth system would still be 'jeopodised' anyway by changing a coordinator.

many managers wanted to have different youths and some managers are the wrong nationality (as they could only be belgian when sp first started) so it's a solution for everyone.

why not just buy a more qualified coordinator if you want to change him that much? or arrange a deal with another manager to swap coordinators?

it's not really fair on sjarel and the team to slate him for making a change to benefit everyone. plsu the new change makes the game a bit harder, which is a bonus too.
modes98's revenge
Team President

Post by modes98's revenge »

robborover wrote:without sounding patronising the game says "can you manage it?" not what do you want to have. :wink:
OH god your getting old now robbo :P Your turning into one of guard!

The problem with youth co-ord's is that there are not enough of them from countries that people want/need. Either inject loads and loads of staff and put a country filter on, let people choose or go back to same nationality as your team.
kolarma1
Coach

Post by kolarma1 »

Am I such a poor writer? I am afraid you missunderstood my point completely. I have NO DESIRE OF CHANGING MY COORDINATOR. I am happy with the one I have (100%). I am just saying that in my opinion that particular change of the game could have been done differently. And no, not everyone is better off, please read what I said, I was quite happy with the way it was prior to the game, with my players being from the country I picked when I was starting the game, which made sense to me, however now UNLESS I CHANGE MY COORDINATOR, which I am not going to do because I like the one I have, all my youths will be from San Salvador. You can say that I can change my coordinator, but again, I don't care about the nationality as much to hurt my team over it, still the fact is the new rules have made me worse off. IT IS NOT A BIG DEAL. I just thaught my suggestion made more sense than what the rules are now, and this forum is made for suggestions, so I don't understand why you are telling me that my comments are somehow uncalled for, all I am trying to do is to help. :wink:

kolarma1
Coach

p.s.

Post by kolarma1 »

My previous reply was to robboover :wink:

kolarma1
Coach

re: p.s.

Post by kolarma1 »

:oops:
I didn't mean anything by misspelling your name, just a mistake. Sorry :oops:

Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

I agree with you 100%, Kolarma.

Robbo, the change was an awful solution to a 'problem' that didn't even exist outside of a handful of Belgian players who wanted to play as someone else other than Belgium. We're going to be hearing complaints about this for months, because many players didn't get the memo and are just beginning to wonder why their new youths aren't from their home country.

The Czech Republic is the most well-represented country in the game, and there are no YC's available from there... how much sense does that make?

If things stay as they are, the best case scenario is that Hoevi has to spend days entering 10,000 staff names into the database, and players have to sift through 1500 pages of staff to look for a local youth co-ordinator who might not even be there.

Really, where we are now is a combination of two bad ideas. One is the youth co-ordinator change, and the other the concept that staff names have to be real. Upon the change, I think it would have helped a lot if we could have dropped the 'real names' rule at the same time so that we could just get staff in the database ASAP. But I guess that's in the past now.

Most players who are changing are probably switching to get youths from their home country anyway. So what we've done is made a bunch of people jump through hoops just so they can be in the same position they were before the change.

[/rant]

I sound like a broken record about this, I know. Especially since this change doesn't impact how the game is played. But it's just so illogical and has so many obvious problems, that I can't stop myself from getting stuck in when I read a thread like this. :o

Anyway, Kolarma made a good suggestion. I think if we can't just drop the idea and go back to how things were, the best thing we can do is somehow split the youth nationalities away from the nationalities of the staff... it'll make life much easier.

At one brief point in the past, America...
At one brief point in the future, the world?
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

I have only one thing to say about the 1500 pages of staff - make filters ;)
visit http://geocities.com/ddomass - the official site of F.C. Atlantas this site is in English, maybe one day it'll be translated into more languages... if you will click on the ads
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

Vaciux wrote:I have only one thing to say about the 1500 pages of staff - make filters ;)
1500 pages may have been an exaggeration... I was in mid-rant when I wrote that. :D

But yes, filters will help an awful lot!

At one brief point in the past, America...
At one brief point in the future, the world?
robborover

Post by robborover »

paul_g and kolarma1 why don't you ask sjarel why there are not more coordinators from other countries rather than re-inventing the wheel?

if i was sjarel and made all these changes and someone came onto my game and rubbished it (without much evidence to suggest why) then i would feel abit annoyed.

i'll also repeat that when the game started you could only be belgian therefore many managers were stuck as belgians with belgian youths.

like modes says the upshot is that more coordinators and/or filters would assist your 'problem'. but have you thought that more coordinators would help more youths into the game. therefore skewing the transfer balance, thus altering the sp economy???

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”