Total votes: 77

frankie_doparoma
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by frankie_doparoma »

:?: :)
Howl
Team Manager

Post by Howl »

I've got to agree with Robbo - everything is fine as it is. In fact, things are pretty darned good right now.....
silverblast

Post by silverblast »

frankie_doparoma wrote::?: :)
It may not be realistic, but still it's a game that is played by youngsters AND adults. The complicated world of soccer is incomprehensible for youngsters to make it all realistic, so I'd keep it with the basics: Youth coordinator.

In the end, the nationality doesn't affect the rating of the player anyway, so why make such a big problem about it. :wink:
The Arbiters - F.73

Previously: Olimpia Piraeus - H.171

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools - D. Adams, 2009.
wolfie
Assistant Manager

Post by wolfie »

who really cares what nationality a youth player is, as long he is very good. but if other people are so fanatical about it, let them have them in there nationality.
i don't really care. if a player is good he stays, if not he goes and i look for another.
wolfie
S13 H1863 3rd
S14 H1863 1st
S15 G 623 1st
S16 F 207 3rd
S17 F207 2nd
Red_Army_Squad
Team President

Post by Red_Army_Squad »

In real life the youthplayers come from the country the team is. It's not based on the nationality of manager or youth coordinator. But anyway I think it's fine as it is now. If you want to have a player from some exotic country, you just have to hire a coordinator with that nationality.
And second it the end it doesn't matter at all bacause you will buy and sell players so your team will have many different nationalities and not just one!

So I think it's good as it is now!!!
rood
Team President

Post by rood »

As wolfie said: "don't really care. if a player is good he stays, if not he goes and i look for another." I would play with Sadam Husein if he would be something like Smolders!!!
Is just a game folks, it's not a war! Relax!

regards
It is physically impossible for PIGS, to look up into the sky!
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

Look at the youth coordinator as at the scout, same as for example the NHL has. Scout is sent to some country and there he chooses and signs youth players for his team. That's the way I see youth coordinator in SP. Not someone, who enters my stadium every day, playing on the training field with young players, but someone, whom I sent to the chosen country..
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
unicool

Post by unicool »

if you want another nationality just choose the youth coordinator from that country.i changed my youth coordinator only once...when the rule with nationality came in SP because i wanted romanian players.don't need random.
"Prostia inseamna sa faci acelasi lucru in mod repetat, asteptand rezultate diferite!"
"Liga a IV-a, seria a II-a, locul 3, ca să vadă toată țara unde-i Poli Timișoara!"
kjekspakke
Team President
Location: C:\World \Europe \Norway \Østfold \Fredrikstad \Rolvsøy

Post by kjekspakke »

kolarma1 wrote:I almost like it, except I would change the percentages and instead of randomly from all nationalities I would, as I suggested in another post, let managers "send their scouts" to 5 countries of their choice and then randomize from those 5. So maybe like this, 25% chance same as manager, 25% same as youth coordinator, 50% chance will be randomly picked from a list of 5 countries you submit. If you don't submit your list before the player is generated (there would be an area for this list that you would choose once and then would be there and you can make a change to it if you want to) then it would be random from all countries.
I agree, but i dont want a player with random nationality. Instead i want players from a spesefic "zone". For instance it is much more likely for a Scottish player would show up in England, than a German would show up. Thats because the countries are neighbours and therfore belong to the same zone. Another example could be Scandinavia, which consist of Norway, Sweden and Denmark.

I want 50% to be of the same nationality as their team and manager, 25% from the same zone as the team is based in, and 25% players would come from a zone where your scout is searching.

On the scoutpage you could then choose which zone to send your scout to. He will then report when he finds a promising talent. How often the scout fins promising talents, and how talented the players are depends on the scoutskill. This should be a new type of staff, so the exsisting scout should be renamed to financial manager or something.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”