just a thought

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

wolfie
Assistant Manager

just a thought

Post by wolfie »

hi guys

one thing which is enoying me for sometime is the amount of comuter teams in the leagues. i know it is very hard to fill them with people when there is 30000 + teams available in h div.

today at work i had a thought which could help to overcome some of this.
it occoured to me that in the real competions any team has got a reserve team playing in the lower leagues. that gave me the idea that it might be possible to introduce this in SP as well

given there is a lot of room in h division, i thought any team from A-Div to G- Div could enter a reserve team if there players list was at least 30 strong. the main team and the reserve team would play on different days there home games and in case of that this is not possible that the reserve game is played on saturday at 4:00. all reserve teams start in h division, but if they come first or second get promoted or relegated if in higher leagues.

for division a to c, once their reserve teams reach f div should then have the option of playing an under 21 side. there player list should be allowed to be extened to 40 players. under 21 sides should have their games on sunday at 4:00 and only player 21 years and younger should be allowed to play. if caught with older players team with wrong player loses game and points. any wins should be credited to the team.

this is just a thought i had and i would love to hear from others what they think. lots of finer detail need to be worked out of course.

love to hear from anybody
krcgenk
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by krcgenk »

I edited your post a bit, so that it's all in 1 post instead of 5. ;)

And allthough you worked good about the idea, I don't think it's good. Even more: it's not possible.

If you let the 'reserves' of the teams from division A, play in division H, they play champion by winning every game, unless those against other reserves. And if this happens, and it does, I don't think managers from division H will keep playing SP. They lose every game against reserve teams from A and B and never get a chance to promote.

Also for the developers this would mean a huge change in the code. Certainely when you want to play league games on Saturday.

And something else: in Belgium for example, the reserves have a seperate competition. They don't play in lower divisions with 'real' teams. Only reserves against reserves in the same league as the A-squad.
Playing in C.6
Manager of ReesingGenk
wolfie
Assistant Manager

just a thought

Post by wolfie »

hi,
thanks for putting my postings together. like i said it was just a thought. even if you had from A to F-Div a reserve team there are only 5824 teams. there would only be in h div for one season and most likly be promoted to G-Div and there it would be harder for them. the other point was there would be more pressure on the top teams to manage their teams and give other teams maybe more of a chance in the FrC.
like i said it was just a thought and if programming is to much thats fine.

wolfie

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”