Change Yugoslavia

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

bobam
Groundsman

Change Yugoslavia

Post by bobam »

Can country Yugoslavia can be changed to Serbia? It doesn't exist anymore (more than 3 years) so it would be nice to see my country name and flag instead (as far as I can see, that are only 2 changes that should be implemented in code)
frankie_doparoma
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by frankie_doparoma »

Hi, why there isn´t a separation between UK countries and why is there only Great Britain ? I think that manager games are very popular in UK so the managers will be pleased to choose from their own countries (Scotland, Wales). I think this change could be done
lepší ségra v bordelu, než brácha ve slávyji
Sjarel

Re: Change Yugoslavia

Post by Sjarel »

bobam wrote:Can country Yugoslavia can be changed to Serbia? It doesn't exist anymore (more than 3 years) so it would be nice to see my country name and flag instead (as far as I can see, that are only 2 changes that should be implemented in code)
According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1 it has been only about 1 month that Serbia has it's own codes, but we should indeed acknowledge there separate now.

Of course it takes more than 2 changes, but I'll put it on my TODO-list.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

frankie_doparoma wrote:Hi, why there isn´t a separation between UK countries and why is there only Great Britain ? I think that manager games are very popular in UK so the managers will be pleased to choose from their own countries (Scotland, Wales). I think this change could be done
These are not real nations and have no ISO3166 code
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

Sjarel wrote:
bobam wrote:Can country Yugoslavia can be changed to Serbia? It doesn't exist anymore (more than 3 years) so it would be nice to see my country name and flag instead (as far as I can see, that are only 2 changes that should be implemented in code)
According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1 it has been only about 1 month that Serbia has it's own codes, but we should indeed acknowledge there separate now.

done, all we need now are player and staff names from the Serbian and Montenegran Premier Leagues ...

http://forum.soccerproject.com/viewtopic.php?t=14105
http://forum.soccerproject.com/viewtopic.php?t=61036
frankie_doparoma

Post by frankie_doparoma »

Sjarel wrote:These are not real nations and have no ISO3166 code
:shock:
lepší ségra v bordelu, než brácha ve slávyji
Blue
Team President

Post by Blue »

frankie_doparoma wrote:
He's right. Our country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are regions.
The Minster Men
Season 9: 5th in F.95
Season 10: 3rd in F.95
Season 11: 1st in F.95
bobam
Groundsman

Post by bobam »

Actually, altough old .yu code was in use country named Yugoslavia ceased to exist in 2003. It was later called Serbia&Montenegro, and from this summer there are Serbia and Montenegro as seperate states. I know, it's confusing even for me ;)

As for player and staff names, old ones (for Yugoslavia) worked quite well, but I suppoose I can try to compile real names from Serbian league (it that can be of any help).
Sjarel wrote:
Sjarel wrote: According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1 it has been only about 1 month that Serbia has it's own codes, but we should indeed acknowledge there separate now.

done, all we need now are player and staff names from the Serbian and Montenegran Premier Leagues ...

http://forum.soccerproject.com/viewtopic.php?t=14105
http://forum.soccerproject.com/viewtopic.php?t=61036
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

bobam wrote:As for player and staff names, old ones (for Yugoslavia) worked quite well, but I suppoose I can try to compile real names from Serbian league (it that can be of any help).
That would be great.
robborover

Post by robborover »

Blue wrote:
frankie_doparoma wrote:
He's right. Our country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are regions.
great britain doesn't exist as we had to drop the great bit as it was unfair on others. scotland has it's own parliament and laws outside of england.
Blue
Team President

Post by Blue »

robborover wrote:
Blue wrote:
frankie_doparoma wrote: :shock:
great britain doesn't exist as we had to drop the great bit as it was unfair on others. scotland has it's own parliament and laws outside of england.
American states have their own powers and laws, but they're still a part of the USA. And Great Britain is the name of our group islands. It doesn't matter who it offends, that won't change.
The Minster Men
Season 9: 5th in F.95
Season 10: 3rd in F.95
Season 11: 1st in F.95
robborover

Post by robborover »

great britain still stands but is no longer used. the great bit was to make britain look bigger and stronger during the empire days before 1945. since then we are regarded as the united kingdom of great britain to faze out the great bit.

also, wales isn't a region it is a principality :wink:

the whole idea has nothing to do with the uk itself. it is to reflect the fact that wales, scotland, england and the republic of ireland are separate in world football.
vladaj
Assistant Coach

Post by vladaj »

Sjarel wrote:
bobam wrote:As for player and staff names, old ones (for Yugoslavia) worked quite well, but I suppoose I can try to compile real names from Serbian league (it that can be of any help).
That would be great.
Do you can move all thing (menagers,staff,players,teams etc.) from Yugoslavia to Serbia, or we must leawe team from Yugoslavia and open new in Serbia. I can find in SP to change my (menager) national from Yu to Ser. Can I do that?
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

robborover wrote:great britain still stands but is no longer used. the great bit was to make britain look bigger and stronger during the empire days before 1945. since then we are regarded as the united kingdom of great britain to faze out the great bit.
It wasn't meant that way. Great Britain was originally used by the French, to differentiate it from Brittany, and that term got adopted. The name 'Great' came just from the fact that the British Isles happened to be the bigger of the two places.

Britanny used to be called 'Little Britain' way back when.

I certainly hope the change wasn't an attempt to be politically correct... that's kinda disappointing to hear. :(

At one brief point in the past, America...
At one brief point in the future, the world?
robborover

Post by robborover »

Paul_G wrote:
robborover wrote:great britain still stands but is no longer used. the great bit was to make britain look bigger and stronger during the empire days before 1945. since then we are regarded as the united kingdom of great britain to faze out the great bit.
It wasn't meant that way. Great Britain was originally used by the French, to differentiate it from Brittany, and that term got adopted. The name 'Great' came just from the fact that the British Isles happened to be the bigger of the two places.

Britanny used to be called 'Little Britain' way back when.

I certainly hope the change wasn't an attempt to be politically correct... that's kinda disappointing to hear. :(
never heard that version. i expect that there are many more reasons for the great title.

but yeah. to be fair and politically correct great britain doesn't exist as such anymore.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”