UK Nationality - Split into Eng, Scot, Wales, Ireland, Rep..

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

robborover
Member of the Soccer Project Association

UK Nationality - Split into Eng, Scot, Wales, Ireland, Rep..

Post by robborover »

Could the UK nationality be split into England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland and Replubic of Ireland? We are separate countries and it would be nice to pick, instead of just being a UK manager.
Zé da Silva

Post by Zé da Silva »

Sjarel wrote:
frankie_doparoma wrote:Hi, why there isn´t a separation between UK countries and why is there only Great Britain ? I think that manager games are very popular in UK so the managers will be pleased to choose from their own countries (Scotland, Wales). I think this change could be done
These are not real nations and have no ISO3166 code
frankie_doparoma

Post by frankie_doparoma »

In real football there isn´t an UK national team, but they are separated into four, so it´s strange that there is only UK in SP and not the countries separated.
lepší ségra v bordelu, než brácha ve slávyji
modes98's revenge
Team President

Post by modes98's revenge »

I would have to say that you have no idea how offensive that is. I am English, not Ukish.

To compare it would be like throwing Holland, Belgium, luxemburg and a few others in and saying they aren't nations because they are in the same sort of area. or USA, Canada and Mexico and just call it North America.

England has been and always will be a nation as i'm sure the scottish, welsh and northern irish would all agree. The United Kingdom is a simplification used outside of the countries involved.

Does SP run entirely off ISO codes?

England Info, ISO: ENG
modes98's revenge
Team President

This is a football game and as such it should follow the way paved by Fifa and Uefa. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are independant.

who won the 1966 world cup?

With a combinded team we'd thrash the rest of the world without breaking sweat :lol:

You should probably also note on a political level that each country has it's own powers.
robborover

Post by robborover »

well thats a bi silly then isn't it!? :wink:
Blue
Team President

Post by Blue »

Actually, I prefer it as it is. I'm British, not English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish, and I'm proud of the fact. None of the above are sovereign nations, regardless of how each makes laws or is governed. When it comes down to it, they're all part of the same country. Keel it as it is.
The Minster Men
Season 9: 5th in F.95
Season 10: 3rd in F.95
Season 11: 1st in F.95
robborover

Post by robborover »

it's not the uk or britain according to uefa and fifa though. that's the point blue!
modes98's revenge
Team President

Blue wrote:I'm British, not English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish, and I'm proud of the fact.

None of the above are sovereign nations, regardless of how each makes laws or is governed.

they're all part of the same country
Thats why scotland support england at every world cup :wink: , thats why the IRA killed british soldiers, tell Braveheart he's british! English through and through.

How are you defineing a Sovereign Nation?
Wikipedia: England wrote:The Kingdom of England was an independent state until 1 May 1707, when the Acts of Union resulted in a political union with the Kingdom of Scotland to create the Kingdom of Great Britain.

When the Kingdom of England and the Kingdom of Scotland merged to form the unified Kingdom of Great Britain under the Acts of Union in 1707, both England and Scotland lost their individual political, though not legal, identities. This union has subsequently changed its name twice: firstly on the merger with the Kingdom of Ireland following the Act of Union in 1800 creating the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland in 1801, and then following the secession from the union of the Irish Free State under the terms of the Government of Ireland Act 1920, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Throughout these changes, England retained a separate legal identity from its partners, with a separate legal system from those in Northern Ireland and Scotland, and eventually the strong feelings of the Welsh were acknowledged when it was decided that the name would henceforth be "England and Wales". Wales gained even more of an identity when, like Scotland, it gained its own department within the UK government, the Welsh Office

Be careful with the exact wording, England is a country just the same as Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
England was formed as a country during the 10th century and takes its name from the Angles
Blue
Team President

Post by Blue »

modes98's revenge wrote: Thats why scotland support england at every world cup :wink: , thats why the IRA killed british soldiers, tell Braveheart he's british! English through and through.

Be careful with the exact wording, England is a country just the same as Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
England was formed as a country during the 10th century and takes its name from the Angles
Scotland don't support England simply because there have always been seperate teams.

The IRA are Irish Republicans, as in the ROI, not part of the UK. And William Wallace was pre-UK, by several centuries, when we were sepereate nations, and England invaded Scotland. He was just a rebel.

Either way, the "home nations" are all part of the same country, ruled from London by the queen and Parliament.

But we move away from the point.

Keep it British!

Or better yet, if they were to change it, let those of us who prefer to be British stay that way.
The Minster Men
Dark Tiger
Team President

Post by Dark Tiger »

England, Scotland, Wales and N-Ireland aren't real countries, just look at the Olympics or international government organisations. In FIFA however they get a seperate status because they all have seperate leagues. In SP we don't have any seperate leagues ...
modes98's revenge
Team President

Dark Tiger wrote:England, Scotland, Wales and N-Ireland aren't real countries
English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish. Real people living in real countries. I suppose Hong Kong isn't a country because china owns it now.

We should put all the NATIONS from europe together, as they are all ruled from brussels and then just have a europe flag as the country. I mean are any of us independant real countries?

Which countries still have there own currency? :roll:

why should sp be different from the game that it i modelled on? why not throw a rugby ball in? I thought the idea was that it is like real life, obviously it doesn't matter if it doesn't affect a certain country.
Blue
Team President

Post by Blue »

There's more than a slight difference between the UK and the EU. But I won't patronise :roll:

The only reason there are even seperate Football Assosciations in the UK is because it's where the game was first put down on paper. That's why we have the FA instead of the English FA. Regardless, the UK is the country, not England, and if it wasn't for RL tradition we would have a UK FA.

Now an EU superpower... I think that sounds like a good idea.
The Minster Men
smithy91
Team Manager

Post by smithy91 »

Im English, im not british or Uk ish, im English.

I agree with Modes n Robbo, England is a country, we are english.

Its a loada crap to join all the home nations together and say we are one country!

Dont see why SP should be different from how the leagues are set up in real life. As its supposed to be as accurate to real life as it can be! :wink:
modes98's revenge
Team President

Blue wrote:There's more than a slight difference between the UK and the EU. But I won't patronise :roll:

The only reason there are even seperate Football Assosciations in the UK is because it's where the game was first put down on paper. That's why we have the FA instead of the English FA. Regardless, the UK is the country, not England, and if it wasn't for RL tradition we would have a UK FA.
I know it's just a point, one you didn't get. It's probably an english thing! :wink:

Thats not a very good reason, as would The FA have not included the entire "country" in it's league? The FA obviously didn't feel scotland was within it's power and left it to let their own country do what they want and have their own "league" i say league more of a joke really.

i doubt we would have a UK FA or even a UK league. I would like SP to be as close to RL and from what Sjarel has said he does to. When theres a UK team in the world cup i'll except it, until then I'm with Robbo & Smithy. I have no doubt if i ask my mates they are english, same for people down the pub.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”