Increase Squad Size

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

robborover
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Increase Squad Size

Post by robborover »

Lately i've found it hard to keep to 35 players and wondered if anyone else agreed about possibly increasing the squad size to say 37/38 players?
Tomashy
Team Manager

Re: Increase Squad Size

Post by Tomashy »

robborover wrote:Lately i've found it hard to keep to 35 players and wondered if anyone else agreed about possibly increasing the squad size to say 37/38 players?
Actually you can have 44 players- when you have 33 players you can make 11 offers. Maybe it would be possible to increase the number of players when you can make offers from 33 to 35 or 36? Lets say when you have 35 players, you can make 9 offers so the total number of players would be the same - 44
Vilkai forever! (since 2006.03.06)
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

I'm against that.. it's all about managing the number of players vs the number of games. Number of experienced players vs number of talents, and so on...

I mean, if you make it 37/38, you will change your style of playing, and when you are used to it, you will want more again. And again, and again :wink:
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
robborover

Re: Increase Squad Size

Post by robborover »

Tomashy wrote:
robborover wrote:Lately i've found it hard to keep to 35 players and wondered if anyone else agreed about possibly increasing the squad size to say 37/38 players?
Actually you can have 44 players- when you have 33 players you can make 11 offers. Maybe it would be possible to increase the number of players when you can make offers from 33 to 35 or 36? Lets say when you have 35 players, you can make 9 offers so the total number of players would be the same - 44
yeah that's what i mean. this way you could have more younger players in your squad.
Helios
Team Board Member

Post by Helios »

what about having a reserve team? so we would be able to have senior squad and reserve squad, so we will have more room for our players...
Hysteria

Turkish Moderator
Johny #3
Coach

Post by Johny #3 »

Helios wrote:what about having a reserve team? so we would be able to have senior squad and reserve squad, so we will have more room for our players...
Yes i think it is good idea
Johny #3-TJ Kopèany
1.s./G.180/12. - 2.s./G.180/2. - 3.s./F.60/?
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

What about the ability to buy and maintain a reserve team? Or the ability to buy and maintain an extra player on your squad, up to 40 players?

Owning a reserve team could cost, say $3 million a year. Or the other route, adding a roster spot, could cost $500,000/yr.

Or if you don't like maintenance costs, say it costs $15 million to buy the facilities needed to maintain a reserve team.

Without something like that, all adding spots will do is make mediocre players even more worthless than they are now, and make the gap between the very best teams and F league teams even smaller. Because you'll have 20,000 owners with a whole bunch of players, and consequently everyone will have players with GR's in the mid 80's starting for them.

At one brief point in the past, America...
At one brief point in the future, the world?
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

In my opinion, with 35 players you already have a Reserve-team. In fact, I got 3 teams... So a big NO to that one.
Still the same opinion, no more players needed. 35 is a lot!
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
Howl
Team Manager

Post by Howl »

Pardon me for playing devil's advocate, but that is what I'm here for.

Economics teaches us that if you increase the demand for a commodity the average price of that commodity will increase. Adding more roster spots will really benefit the strong teams, but it will make it even more difficult for weak teams to compete in a transfer market. The only way to counter this would be to inject more players into the game, so that would involve overhauling the youth system so that more youths make it into the game. But then you would run into a problem because this overhaul to the youth system could only be temporary - otherwise, the value of all players would drop because of an excess in supply. So once again, if you temporarily overhaul the system, it would benefit the big teams (with hypermodern youth centres) and further increase the gap between the high end and the bottom feeders.

However, I think that I have an idea that will make me happy and then I'll shut up and support you Robbo. The system should just inject my team with 11 players whose GRs are in the 90s and who will accept 250 euros a game! I would fully support that new feature AND name my first child "SoccerProject.com" to boot. :-)
wolfie
Assistant Manager

Post by wolfie »

hi guys, i tend to agree with the no increase in squad size, because you can already have up to 44 players. if you can't play a game with that number in the squad you should maybe looking for an easier game to play.

wolfie
jimman23

Post by jimman23 »

I think you can have enough players as it is now! I mostly got 33 players, my first squad (11 players), my backup squad (11 players) ans 11 youthplayers!

Why should I have more?
Red_Army_Squad
Team President

Post by Red_Army_Squad »

Well more players will benefit the better teams, bacause they have more money. However, to make a game more like in real life this would be a good addition.
Team's from small division eventually will become better, win games, promote to higher divisions and gain more money. And then they will also be able to buy more players to increase their squad.

Example from the real world: AZ, was a small club 4 years ago. Now they are in the third round of the UEFA Cup for the third time in a row. They now can buy more and better players.
The same is possible within Soccerproject.com

So I agree with it!
Blue
Team President

Post by Blue »

There are enough team places for more than two squads already. That's plenty.
The Minster Men
Season 9: 5th in F.95
Season 10: 3rd in F.95
Season 11: 1st in F.95

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”