Accpet/Decline bid

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Red_Army_Squad
Team President

Accpet/Decline bid

Post by Red_Army_Squad »

Hey people I'm back :wink:

I started all over again a while ago and now I'm promoted and I want to buy some new players. But now I have placed a bid on 2 players for the same position. But I just want to have just 1 player for the moment (cause I still don't have that much money). But if my offers remain the highest I will have to buy two same players.

So wouldn't it be great if you could decline an offer, so the manager with the second highest offer will get him if he wants?
Zé da Silva
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Re: Accpet/Decline bid

Post by Zé da Silva »

Red_Army_Squad wrote:But I just want to have just 1 player for the moment (cause I still don't have that much money).
I thought the system would prevent us from bidding more that what we had.
Red_Army_Squad
Team President

Post by Red_Army_Squad »

Ehm I didn't say that I made 10 offers I said I made 2 offers on players which are on the same position. But I only want to keep 1 player.
PaTTTTrick

Post by PaTTTTrick »

Red_Army_Squad wrote:Ehm I didn't say that I made 10 offers I said I made 2 offers on players which are on the same position. But I only want to keep 1 player.
so why you made a bit for 2 players if you want only one?

If you will get both, you can sell one of than easily and may be make a profit.. so I do not see any problem with this!

Just wandering :roll:
PC Bonner - PaTTrick (třetí i čtvrtý dech už dochází a tak se plácáme v C/D divizi, ale prachy na účtu rostou a tak se jednou vrátíme v plné síle! :twisted: :) )
Red_Army_Squad
Team President

Post by Red_Army_Squad »

Because, I want to be sure that I will get one.
And if I will place a bid on just one player, there's a chance of not getting him. But if I see two good players, and I make a bid for just one of them. The chance of getting the other isn't even there. So that's why I made 2 bids:P
**Défutt**

Post by **Défutt** »

now imagine you are selling someone, a very big talent. Some manager makes a 5 m offer. You're happy, but you want more. Now a new manager shows up. He wants to be sure he gets the player, so he makes a 10 m offer. But then, two days later, he gets another talent where he made an offer to. He decides to decline the offer on your talent. If you put this feature into the game, people will loose lots of moneys from declined bids. For instance, in the example above, you would lose 5 m, just because the manager got another talent!
Red_Army_Squad
Team President

Post by Red_Army_Squad »

So what?
It's my problem when I lose money. And second: I don't think many players sell talents.
i still think it would be good if you could decline an offer.
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

I do that too... I have a couple of positions where I have 5 players because I bid on 2 or 3 guys and won them all. It's the type of thing you have to do when you want to ensure you fill more than one hole in your roster, but you're short on available roster spots.

This idea is pretty good. Right now, someone who is selling a player should always hang onto them as long as possible. After all, the highest bid can't be retracted so the price of the player can only go up. So with the rules being what they are, why should a seller accept any bid until the 7 days are up?

By declining an offer, you mean retracting your bid, right? Because I think that if your bid is out there and the seller accepts it, then you should have to buy the player. But if the seller hasn't accepted yet, then you should be able to take your bid off the table.

I'd add this, though: If retracting a bid is allowed, then it should also be allowed to make a bid that isn't the highest.

At one brief point in the past, America...
At one brief point in the future, the world?
jar
Team Board Member

Post by jar »

Good idea. But you must can't decline an offer before 24 hours, cause the seller must has the time to see it.
Red_Army_Squad
Team President

Post by Red_Army_Squad »

Yeah, that would also be good. This time I was lucky that I was able to buy just one player and my other bid was too low. But next time I won't be that lucky I think.
So this new function would be great!!
man123
Assistant Manager

Post by man123 »

1. manager makes a 1 m offer.
2. manager makes a 5 m offer.
3. manager makes a 10 m offer.

2. manager decline the offer. (he have only 9m)
3. manager decline the offer. (who knows why)
You get 1M, instead 10 or 9M.
And you still happy?

Worst idea I ever seen.
jar
Team Board Member

Post by jar »

man123 wrote:1. manager makes a 1 m offer.
4. accept the offer and you'll be happy !
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

I agree with man123
Sparta Prague - E11
Ted Spartička88 - H něco :lol:
jar
Team Board Member

Post by jar »

This is a game based on rules.
Made by the owners of the game.
Actual rules for bid and ask are good for the seller and bad for the buyer. This is clear.
And who are the seller? The strong teams, with good players and Hyper modern YC.
And who are the buyer ? The weak teams, wich want to grow up fast.
So, you think somebody who is already a strong manager will decide to help the weak teams ? Because if this rule will be changed, all of us will see a strong difference... All the sellers will accept a good offer before the last day, for dont lose the offer. And the prices will be smaller, more and more.
Actualy, the rules are not like in the real life, without support... And this is one of the points where SP must be changed, one day.
Am I wrong, Sjarel ?
And please, all of you, excuse my english...
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

1. manager makes a 1 m offer.

2. manager decline the offer. (he have only 9m)
3. manager decline the offer and offers 3m, what do you do then? will it be fair to the manager 2?
visit http://geocities.com/ddomass - the official site of F.C. Atlantas this site is in English, maybe one day it'll be translated into more languages... if you will click on the ads

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”