Unaccepted friendly match tactics settings

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

tuways
Team Board Member

Unaccepted friendly match tactics settings

Post by tuways »

I would like to ask for a feature that would make it possible to set the tactics for a friendly which hasn't been accepted yet. The best explanation is an example :D : Today I wanted to play a friendly to raise the morale of my youth team and part of my 2nd team. So I made an invitation for the 22:00 o'clock simulation. But the other manger didn't login until short past 9 and I was already far away from my computer. He accepted and the game automatically set my team, and as a consequence, my 1st team played the game. The feature, which I think would be very useful, is to select the squad for the game even if the other player hasn't accepted the invitation. If he accepts the selected squad is used, if not... bad luck. But you can avoid situations like mine now. The only unknown "variable", tu put it (very) mathematically would be the strictness of the ref, which, in this case, isn't very important. So, how about it?

Greetings
BOBO, mereu aproape...
tuways
Team Board Member

Post by tuways »

Happened again today... Is there no possibility to avoid this? :(
BOBO, mereu aproape...
sljivovica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by sljivovica »

Problem solved by the new Pool-function :D
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
tuways
Team Board Member

Post by tuways »

Yes and no. Now I can choose the date which I will be playing, but if I set a friendly pool for a 22:00 simulation at 21:55, and then want to go out, I can't because if someone accepts my invitation my assistant will choose my best team, instead the youth team I would like to play. I want the possibility to SET the tactics for a game which hasn't been accepted yet. ;)

EDIT: I'm not sure if everybody understands the feature I would like to have in the game... :roll:
Last edited by tuways on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOBO, mereu aproape...
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

I understand what you mean.

There is a little trick that will solve this problem but is not ideal: make your D-squad into your A-squad and vice versa.
Last-minute games wil then be played by the D-team, the 'bad' thing is that you have to set your D-team for league-games, and if you forget your D-team will play the league.

Some managers already use this method.
FC Wageningen
tuways
Team Board Member

Post by tuways »

sljivovica wrote:I understand what you mean.

There is a little trick that will solve this problem but is not ideal: make your D-squad into your A-squad and vice versa.
Last-minute games wil then be played by the D-team, the 'bad' thing is that you have to set your D-team for league-games, and if you forget your D-team will play the league.

Some managers already use this method.
That isn't such a bad idea... But it is risky. And it could cost you a promotion or relegation. The "always-able-to-set-my-team-even-if-no-opponent-yet"-feature would solve this. Right?
BOBO, mereu aproape...
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

That's right.
FC Wageningen
modes98's revenge
Team President

Post by modes98's revenge »

This feature would have been most useful, however with the addition of the friendly pool, all my friendlies are accepted normally within about 30mins.
Nasko
Team President

Post by Nasko »

The idea is great and i think should be implanted Soon! It would be very useful!
bunicutzu

Post by bunicutzu »

tuways, when i make a friendly request for hour 22 for example and i'm not available (the request not yet accepted), i'm puting in the A selection the team that I want. In A selection there is no reason to put the A players (the main players) because the official games u know them from at least a week and you can set them up. so i use the A selection for these matches. Still the problem can apear when you are not available for two simulations and you have two unaccepted yet friendlies. But i guess this is two much of a coincidence.
unicool

Post by unicool »

bunicutzu wrote:tuways, when i make a friendly request for hour 22 for example and i'm not available (the request not yet accepted), i'm puting in the A selection the team that I want. In A selection there is no reason to put the A players (the main players) because the official games u know them from at least a week and you can set them up. so i use the A selection for these matches. Still the problem can apear when you are not available for two simulations and you have two unaccepted yet friendlies. But i guess this is two much of a coincidence.
and what if after the 22:00 simulation you cannot log in to select the team for the morning league simulation...and you have a very important game?
"Prostia inseamna sa faci acelasi lucru in mod repetat, asteptand rezultate diferite!"
"Liga a IV-a, seria a II-a, locul 3, ca să vadă toată țara unde-i Poli Timișoara!"
bunicutzu

Post by bunicutzu »

well ... I set the team for official games before. because that's the most important. that team is set all the time. sometimes a day before.
and if a A player gets hurt ... the Assistant manager will automatically replace him with one from my reserves.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”