A minimum of 7 players in a team

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

What do you think about this improvement ?

I think this had to be done long ago !
59%
Let the things as they are now..
23%
I don't care about bulls*its..
18%

Total votes: 22

PipkiN
Member of the Soccer Project Association

A minimum of 7 players in a team

Post by PipkiN »

Sjarel,
I think this has to be implemented to the game:
Some teams have less than 7 players in their squads. In real football, you cannot start a match or continue playing a match with less than 7 players on the field.
So, I´d like to invite an improvement, which will give managers with less than 7 players in the squad let's say one or two weeks to buy some players, or their team will be executed by the lack of management.
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
unicool

Post by unicool »

a minimum of 7 players and if he has a match the players play that match and not forfait it.
"Prostia inseamna sa faci acelasi lucru in mod repetat, asteptand rezultate diferite!"
"Liga a IV-a, seria a II-a, locul 3, ca să vadă toată țara unde-i Poli Timișoara!"
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

Yes, and the manager has to set low agression, because if he gets red card, the match is forfeited...
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
unicool

Post by unicool »

PipkiN wrote:Yes, and the manager has to set low agression, because if he gets red card, the match is forfeited...
i think a minimum of 14 players will be the only way to prevent something like that.11 players and 3 substitutes.if a manager has 7 players he will set the agresivity at 100% and forfeit the game.but i still cannot believe how an inactive manager accept friendly matches????
"Prostia inseamna sa faci acelasi lucru in mod repetat, asteptand rezultate diferite!"
"Liga a IV-a, seria a II-a, locul 3, ca să vadă toată țara unde-i Poli Timișoara!"
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

You make a good point. I'll try to find a good solution to prevent this kind of ghost-teams.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

I think that a minimum of 11 players is needed. The football rules say, that 7 players are needed to start the match, but as unicool said, the team will set high agression and will loss by forfeit. So I think 11 is the best way - you have full pitch formation and you are real opponent. When you receive more than 3 red cards it is your fault, you had 11 players and you had a chance to win.
So at last I think the exact number of players which could be minimum in the team should be 11. When this number is going to be broken (by injury or retirement), manager will receive a letter informing that he has to buy a player or his team will announce bankruptcy in a week. If this will be caused by an injury, he will just receive a message that the team has too thin lineup so that he might soon get bankrupted.
One more thing, a manager with exact 11 players or with (total players-injuries)=11 should not be able to sell players.
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
unicool

Post by unicool »

One more thing, a manager with exact 11 players or with (total players-injuries)=11 should not be able to sell players.
i think that you have less than 15 players you can't sell players.
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

when you have 15 players, you should be able to sell .. Even there are only 11 players left, just to playy a regular game, there should be some treshold, which cannot be overstepped. You have 13 players, 2 injured, you cannot sell none of the healthy 11. You have exact 11 to play a game, you cannot sell anyone. You have 12 players, you can add one player on the TL. This is my opinion to make it right. You do not need any substitution players, all you need to play is healthy 11 players.
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
Badbuffalo

Post by Badbuffalo »

How to solve this kind of problem:

Team "Problemchild" has got 22 player starting season 16, but the manager doesn't hire staff, doesn't really manage the team. The only thing he does is log in every two weeks. The players don't get trained, nothing happens at the club.

Two seasons later, 17 players have already left the club, because their contracts didn't get renewed. And within a period of 20 days, the other 7 contracts will expire as the other did. There will be no player left.

What to do? You can't renew contracts if the manager doens't do so, in my opinion... :?
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

Buf, we are already talking about the solution. The renewal of the contracts is another think to be connected with this minimum of players. If this feature will be turned on, there won't be such teams as you described. He will receive a letter that might be like this:
"Dear *manager name*,
you have one day to renew 3 contracts in your team. Otherwise, 3 players will leave and number of your squad will drop to X. If you won't be able to renew contracts or to find new players, you will have one week to do so or your team will bankrupted and you will be fired from manager position.
Regards, SPFA"
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
leeds4lyfe
Coach

Post by leeds4lyfe »

GO SJ!

He's implemented (put) this feature into the game :D

Well done PipkiN for pointing this out!
Thanks Sjarel for listening to us! (well PipkiN really... but...)
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

What about me in the brackets ? :)
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

Good job ;)
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka