Rules breaking - more punishments than ban only !

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Sjarel
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Sjarel »

The sheriffs are doing a great job with the current rules. Cheaters are banned, but every case is being looked at by a sheriff personally.

Everyone who is banned can appeal by sending a mail and the sheriffs will have another look. A sheriff can then decide to unban the manager or maybe, but only in special cases, give him a fine.

In other words, I don't think we need a list.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

But still there are cases, that are not so serious, but the managers are banned and there can be a day or two between the ban and unabn, which can lead to destroy of the team. SO, we will with other managers try to make something to improve this and when it will appear to be great and without a gap, I will announce it to you Sjarel to read it through and after then accept it or not..
I think it can be the right way, many managers wish to have the punishments sorted and not to have just one punishment, and I think that not all the managers who are getting banned deserve a ban ..
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

I really appreciate your good intentions, but ...
  • *If a manager simply reads the rules and/or the warning when selling a player, he will know to be careful with high prizes.

*I don't believe there is a waterproof system.

*It makes no sense to make a list of punishments because it's really simple. If you try to bend the rules, you will get banned. All other cases will have to be judged one by one.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
lee400
Team President

Post by lee400 »

Yes, and hence, when you have one or more players for sale, it says on the "recieved offers" page ; contact the soccerproject via "cheaters" if you receive an unrealistic offer! People should do that if they really care about their own teams!
Username: Sir Lee (former lee400)
Team: AFC Bournemouth (Former Yunderland FC)

NEED ANY HELP, TIPS OR ADVICE?
JOIN www.sptips.co.nr NOW AND ASK FOR 1:1 HELP! RECEIVE A REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS!
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

Imagine you are new in SP, you were introduced by your friend, he told you some basic rules, you agree with rules because they were introduced to you, then you sell some player to a high offer and then what ? A ban ? The guy will be sitting and asking his friend why I have been banned you told me I can sell players...
This is just example where the ban should not be used .. When some small boy makes mistake at the beginning, he will quit playing SP forever, and I think that is the think that SP management does not want to see ..
This game is mostly played by young boys or boys let's say, I know someone aged 12 and a lot of managers aged below 15.. So imagine how many per cent of new managers could be of this age ? And will they continue playing when they will receive a ban for just selling the player ?
We'll go through our list, make it perfect and then introduce it ;)
Last edited by PipkiN on Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
jojojo
Team Board Member

Post by jojojo »

i tottaly agree Pipkin
Liverpool FC Rock!!!
www.sp-eng.co.uk
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

Thanks for support ;) every constructive idea of punishment or so connected with our work is welcome ;)
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
matt

Post by matt »

It is actually really the person's mistake if he does something wrong. One should inform himself very well before playing a game. And it's not impossible to do that, right?
But if things like that happen, and the manager doesn't even realize they're not supposed to happen...then you can't blame soccerproject.

There will always be some mistakes. But the sheriffs are right most of the time, and a ban is also correct and righteous in the most cases. So I guess a lowerment of the punishments in certain cases is not required.
I would also like to know where you would draw the line with such a difference in penalty. Doesn't seem so easy I think.
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

As I said, we must even go through the list, make a discussion, improvements, borders and then we will come again ;)
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
matt

Post by matt »

ok, you make me very curious :)
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

It's a bit difficult because nobody really knows what's going on except for the Sherrifs and the makers, but to me the system we have is too black & white.

I'm on pipkins side and would like to see the gray area covered as well.
I mean, what's the limit, when does a transfer-offer become too high?
It's pretty easy to know for us veterans, but for noobies it must be near impossible. And when some nooby offers too much money for one of my players, hmmm, I'll probably accept it anyway. I'm too desperate for money, and the market is getting tougher, so maybe it isn't such a weird offer afterall, right? right?
<gets banned>
Guess i was not right... what a shame... Let's go play Hattrick.

So i'm all for a more subtle system with warnings and maybe 'softer' punishments in certain cases.

The list I just saw is nice, but not even close to ready, and should be more structured I think... But I'll wait to judge it when it's ready :wink:
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
lee400
Team President

Post by lee400 »

sljivovica wrote:It's a bit difficult because nobody really knows what's going on except for the Sherrifs and the makers, but to me the system we have is too black & white.

I'm on pipkins side and would like to see the gray area covered as well.
I mean, what's the limit, when does a transfer-offer become too high?
It's pretty easy to know for us veterans, but for noobies it must be near impossible. And when some nooby offers too much money for one of my players, hmmm, I'll probably accept it anyway. I'm too desperate for money, and the market is getting tougher, so maybe it isn't such a weird offer afterall, right? right?
<gets banned>
Guess i was not right... what a shame... Let's go play Hattrick.

So i'm all for a more subtle system with warnings and maybe 'softer' punishments in certain cases.

The list I just saw is nice, but not even close to ready, and should be more structured I think... But I'll wait to judge it when it's ready :wink:
TOTALLY WRONG...
I hate to disagree, but as I have mentioned earlier, it clearly states that, if you receive an unrealistic offer, REPORT IT! And even noobs can find out whether the offers received are realistic or unrealistic - check the transfer overview, or go on the market itself, find another player which has same or similar age and rating, and SEE! Then you will see a rough estimate... And I am sure there will be no excuses such as "noobs do not know how to open the transfer page".

Every time I sell a player, I always visit the market first. And then expect the similar amount... But if I do receive an excessively high offer, then I always have myself ready to write a report to the sheriffs... And I think this is what everybody should do - If they do really care.

And 1 more thing - I used to play Hattrick, SundayLeague, SoccerManager, and many more... but I quit them ALL when I found SoccerProject - I find this game the best out of all manager games...
Username: Sir Lee (former lee400)
Team: AFC Bournemouth (Former Yunderland FC)

NEED ANY HELP, TIPS OR ADVICE?
JOIN www.sptips.co.nr NOW AND ASK FOR 1:1 HELP! RECEIVE A REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS!
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

Sljivovica, you got it :) That is the right meaning why we are making this.. I know that the list is not complete or ready to see the real world, it has been written in 20 minutes the day before yesterday, but we will try and find out missing parts .. ;)
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
modes98's revenge
Team President

Post by modes98's revenge »

lee400 wrote:But if I do receive an excessively high offer, then I always have myself ready to write a report to the sheriffs...
and what stops cheaters doing this as well, get rid of a really high fee then they won't notice a slightly higher one?

Why should the player be assumed guilty for some noob making a stupid offer? and why should a player have to write a mail to someone to make sure he isn't banned for something that is totally out of his control?

I'm sure there is plenty of underhand dealing out there that the sheriffs are not aware of, or maybe they are? But at the end of the day it is a game and if people want to cheat to get to the top then thats there own misfortune. I'd rather play it fair and square!
krcgenk wrote: If someone accepts a very high offer, and it's clear that he doesn't know the other manager, a fine is possible.
The manager/board have no choice but to accept the highest offer and most of the transfers i make are with players i don't know.
jank13
Assistant Coach

Post by jank13 »

1 punishment would be blocking IP adress

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”