Not allow to join friendly cups with full calendar

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

BartSimpson
Team Board Member

Not allow to join friendly cups with full calendar

Post by BartSimpson »

http://www.soccerproject.com/friendlycu ... 249&step=2

All matches will be played 21.3 or 22.3, one match 3.4 = 12 days later!!! thanks to caklisspor who has got completely full calendar with friendly matches. I propose new rule:

It is not allowed to join friendly cup if you have not enough free dates in near future.

Example: at least one date in next 5 days, at least 2 dates in next 8 days ... or something like that.
Sokol Oldřichovice / .The Simpsons.
9-20: 4vG, 1vGF, 2vE, 11vD, 1vED, 2vC, 7vB, 2vB, 14vA, 15vB, 21-30: 1vCB, 3x4vA, 14vABCDE, 31-40: 12vFG, 1vHGFED, 2vC, 2x6vB, 41-49: 8vB, 11vB, 3vC, 12vC, 14vDE, 5vF, 4vF, 11vF
unicool
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by unicool »

is not good ideea.i had a friendly cup that started in 31 Dec 2006 (10:17 CET) and ended 14 Feb 2007 (14:12 CET) and it was eliminatory cup.no groups.is just your decision if you enter in a cup or not.is your risc.
"Prostia inseamna sa faci acelasi lucru in mod repetat, asteptand rezultate diferite!"
"Liga a IV-a, seria a II-a, locul 3, ca să vadă toată țara unde-i Poli Timișoara!"
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

No this is good idea, you are always exhausted by people like this one, who has full calendar. It is not about risk, it is about behaviour and I support Bart's request ;)
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

It's a good idea, some managers should not be able to join tournaments.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
unicool

Post by unicool »

Sjarel wrote:It's a good idea, some managers should not be able to join tournaments.

why sjarel?you give the managers the oportunity to fill all their programs with the open invitation feature and now you say that the managers who plays 4 or 5 matches per day can't join in a friendly cup?Question:i enter in a friendly cup and all the matches are programed in the next 9 days.is a friendly cup with 4 teams and groups.i have only 3 games per day including the league match...but i want my team play 5 matches per day.....so i fill my program for the next 10 days.after that i go to friendly cups and see a cup availalble,a cup that i can win,and enter in that cup.all my program is full for the next 10 days...so the all managers participating to the second cup will have to wait after me because my program is full.i think is only managers decision how many matches play per day.when you enter in a FrC you have to know the riscs that you assume.is like the feature proposed by somebody some time ago...that feature that give to the managers the opportunity to choose the highest league team that can play in his tournament.because H managers make FrC and the teams from A,B,C,D,E,F enter in the cup and win it.
"Prostia inseamna sa faci acelasi lucru in mod repetat, asteptand rezultate diferite!"
"Liga a IV-a, seria a II-a, locul 3, ca să vadă toată țara unde-i Poli Timișoara!"
BartSimpson
Team Board Member

Post by BartSimpson »

unicool wrote:now you say that the managers who plays 4 or 5 matches per day can't join in a friendly cup?
I play 5 matches per day and keep enough free dates for 9 friendly cups all the time. It is not problem to keep free dates for cups and to arrange friendly matches for tomorrow and the day after tomorrow where I know there will be no cup match. I am sure almost every manager prefer quick tournaments where each round lasts 3 days. If I knew that you have joined the cup and your calendar is full I will not join this cup and most of other managers will not join it too.
9-20: 4vG, 1vGF, 2vE, 11vD, 1vED, 2vC, 7vB, 2vB, 14vA, 15vB, 21-30: 1vCB, 3x4vA, 14vABCDE, 31-40: 12vFG, 1vHGFED, 2vC, 2x6vB, 41-49: 8vB, 11vB, 3vC, 12vC, 14vDE, 5vF, 4vF, 11vF
Badbuffalo

Post by Badbuffalo »

It's also important to keep in mind that someone can receive so many invitations for friendly games, that his schedule gets full. What to do then?
BartSimpson
Team Board Member

Post by BartSimpson »

Badbuffalo wrote:It's also important to keep in mind that someone can receive so many invitations for friendly games, that his schedule gets full. What to do then?
You can cancel the invitations before joining the cup.
Badbuffalo

Post by Badbuffalo »

BartSimpson wrote:
Badbuffalo wrote:It's also important to keep in mind that someone can receive so many invitations for friendly games, that his schedule gets full. What to do then?
You can cancel the invitations before joining the cup.
That's true, but when someone subscribes in a cup, and then gets invited way too often?
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

Maybe there could be an option like this : when you want to participate in a tournament, you have to have free calendar somehow like BartSimpson wrote. When you have not, you cannot participate. And next, when he will subscribe for a tournament, he will lose the opportunity to accept/arrange a friendly match until the cup is seeded..
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
BartSimpson
Team Board Member

Post by BartSimpson »

Badbuffalo wrote:That's true, but when someone subscribes in a cup, and then gets invited way too often?
You are right. One free date in 5 next days, 2 free dates in 8 next days ... as I have written is not enough. But if it would be let's say 3 free dates in next 5 days, 6 free dates in next 8 days, 10 free dates in next 14 days or something like that the probability that somebody fill all your free dates with invitations will be very small.
BartSimpson
Team Board Member

Post by BartSimpson »

PipkiN wrote:Maybe there could be an option like this : when you want to participate in a tournament, you have to have free calendar somehow like BartSimpson wrote. When you have not, you cannot participate. And next, when he will subscribe for a tournament, he will lose the opportunity to accept/arrange a friendly match until the cup is seeded..
I am afraid it is not good idea. Sometimes it is quite long period between subscribing and drawing the tournament.
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

OK so there will be an option which will disallow you to accept/arrange a friendly match in the near future, because you won't have free place to play the cup .. I think when you subscribe a cup, there could be one time in two days blocked for a cup until it is seeded...
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
wolfie
Assistant Manager

Post by wolfie »

not a good idea, because when u join a fr cup it involves 4, 8, 16 or 32 teams all of which have there own list of available dates. just because u have game dates fully booked, should mean that u can't join fr cups. some people use this booking technik so that there have not all hard games falling on the same day as i have when season 17 starts on monday.
have a think about that guys

wolfie
S13 H1863 3rd
S14 H1863 1st
S15 G 623 1st
S16 F 207 3rd
S17 F207 2nd
Howl
Team Manager

Post by Howl »

Currently, all managers can book friendly matches up to two weeks in advance. Why not tweak that slightly so that you can only sign up for matches, say, one week in advance if you are entered in a friendly cup? This won't completely eliminate the problem, but it will ensure that wait times are rarely greater than one week.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”