cup - more than 32768 teams

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

bunicutzu
Member of the Soccer Project Association

cup - more than 32768 teams

Post by bunicutzu »

There is no time to put 16 cup rounds and there is no rentability to put an extra round for 2-3.000 teams from a possible of extra 32768 (if there are 16 rounds there would be place for 65.536 teams meaning almost half of places would rest untaken).

For solution I propose that the first divisions (A,B - C if needed) to rest in the first round. they are way to good for the rest (H and G especially) and their championship is a lot difficult and could use a free day. in this way the lower leagues have more chances to get into higher rounds in the cup. It would be like in real life, the A (and B) league teams enter in the competition in the higher rounds not from the beginning of the cup.

That's my opinion.
Other opinions?
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

Well there is a solution like yours already proposed in the dutch forum. We'll see what the designers of the game think of it. :wink:
robborover

Post by robborover »

how about having the first few rounds on a saturday simulation? then in the latter stages only play on wednesday simulations?
Nasko
Team President

Re: cup - more than 32768 teams

Post by Nasko »

bunicutzu wrote: ...
For solution I propose that the first divisions (A,B - C if needed) to rest in the first round. they are way to good for the rest (H and G especially) and their championship is a lot difficult and could use a free day. in this way the lower leagues have more chances to get into higher rounds in the cup. It would be like in real life, the A (and B) league teams enter in the competition in the higher rounds not from the beginning of the cup.

That's my opinion.
Other opinions?
But thats not solution ?? :roll:
If someone rests in the first round on the next the team are actually going to be more.. Instead of two teams to play each other and promote only one of them, the both team are going to be on the next round.. :wink: This would help if one extra round was add..

So my suggestion(and the only solution, i think :roll: ) is an extra round ,bit if it is add on the first round 34 578 teams should rest (if the number of all the teams in SP stays on 36 388) :roll:

EDIT:
Also i would like to ask how are elected the 3620 teams who are not going to participate this season in the Cup.. Because if the rounds are only 15, the maximum number of teams who are able to be scheduled is only 2 on power 15 = 32 768.. Well the math is not letting us to put more than that number :).. So how do these 3620 teams were elected :?:
unicool

Post by unicool »

So how do these 3620 teams were elected
i think you heard about random.or maybe was the last 3620 teams subscribed in SP.....or the no manager teams and the last suscribed teams.
"Prostia inseamna sa faci acelasi lucru in mod repetat, asteptand rezultate diferite!"
"Liga a IV-a, seria a II-a, locul 3, ca să vadă toată țara unde-i Poli Timișoara!"
Nasko
Team President

Post by Nasko »

unicool wrote:
So how do these 3620 teams were elected
i think you heard about random.or maybe was the last 3620 teams subscribed in SP.....or the no manager teams and the last suscribed teams.
Yes i know about the random :) And the "random" makes that game interesting and unpredictable, but in that case.. there is no fair way to discriminate those teams?? :wink: :roll:
Last edited by Nasko on Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unicool

Post by unicool »

but in that case.. there is no fare way to discriminate those teams??
first came....first served.so the last suscribed teams have nothing to comment.
"Prostia inseamna sa faci acelasi lucru in mod repetat, asteptand rezultate diferite!"
"Liga a IV-a, seria a II-a, locul 3, ca să vadă toată țara unde-i Poli Timișoara!"
Nasko
Team President

Post by Nasko »

unicool wrote:
As you say.. there is way..
But you cant convince me that there is fair way :wink:
Ofcourse that the last subscribed teams are not going to reach far, but is it fair to stop them playing.. The football is for everyone and the game is also for everyone.. :wink:
unicool

Post by unicool »

Nasko wrote:
unicool wrote:
As you say.. there is way..
But you cant convince me that there is fair way :wink:
Ofcourse that the last subscribed teams are not going to reach far, but is it fair to stop them playing.. The football is for everyone and the game is also for everyone.. :wink:
but the resources are limited so the last subscribed managers have to understand that.
Red_Army_Squad
Team President

Post by Red_Army_Squad »

I have a solution. Just ask the managers whether they want to play the cup or not.
I am in division F but i don't want to play any cup matches, so I let my B team play the match. I probably will lose 6-0 but I don't care cause i won't make the last 256 or something because my team isn't good enough for that.

Or make a E F G H and a D C B A Cup. Something like the Uefa Cup and the Champion league:lol:

Anyway I don't think the H teams who don't participate in the cup bother that!
Nasko
Team President

Post by Nasko »

Red_Army_Squad wrote:I have a solution. Just ask the managers whether they want to play the cup or not.
I am in division F but i don't want to play any cup matches, so I let my B team play the match. I probably will lose 6-0 but I don't care cause i won't make the last 256 or something because my team isn't good enough for that.
I like the idea.. I guess it is too late to be implanted this season, but it would be really good improvement for the next edition..
It would be nice if you "subscribe" for the Cup.. This may also decrease the number of rounds instead of another increase..
robborover

Post by robborover »

or set up another server and start a new soccer project there. lots of online games have many servers due to this sort of problem.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”