Maximized skills in training

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

PipkiN wrote:SMPT is invented by a SP manager, not by SP developers - it's somebody's hard work and calculations and free time to help other managers, so you cannot say if SPMT exists, add this.. Why should Sjarel make the game (training) easier ? Only because someone does not look at skills and want to be informed ? It is your job to watch it, if you want some feature, try to invent it as SPMT creators did with SPMT.
Second thing, train manually each skill to the maximum and then train a new skill. Thne you'll see whether the skill already trained has dropped. Howgh
Setting up something so that it requires fewer clicks and less manual labor is not unheard of. It's called an interface improvement. Game developers do that all the time.

Anyway, every change that happens in SP should be done by the developers whenever possible. I think a bunch of people writing 3rd party tools is hurting this game, and isn't something that should be encouraged really. 3rd party tools weaken Sjarels ability to control how SP is played and what goes on. I've spoken against SPMT in the past because I think it's too powerful, even though I use it now occasionally because I need to to stay competitive.

And I mean, really, you could respond to most suggestions on this section of the board with that, couldn't you?

Do you want an E-mail blocker for your SP account?
Program it yourself!

Do you want to sort players on the transfer list by country?
Program it yourself!

Do you want the site to be translated to Indonesian?
Program it yourself!

So telling people to write their own programs would answer a lot of requests, but it doesn't make for interesting discussion. :wink:

At one brief point in the past, America...
At one brief point in the future, the world?
PipkiN
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by PipkiN »

I think you are overpowering this feature, Paul..
This could be done, but it will be on the bottom on the "To do" list .. There are more serious problem that some drop of skill...
I think that problem is in Red Army's team and in his training - in the random (automatic) training .. He won't have these problem if he would train his players one skill by one... To the maximum...
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
Red_Army_Squad
Team President

Post by Red_Army_Squad »

Like I said before, but you probably didn't read since you keep giving the same arguments: It will not make the game easier! It will only take less time to play the game. I guess you also don't like the red color when a skill is maxed?
And another thing I said before is that I uasually train skills up to 40% and then each skill to the max. BUT sometimes -it doesn't happen often- I don't log in for some days and then a skill is over 40%. Of course it is my own fault and I don't blame anyone. But I sometimes have more important things to do and then I don't play SP, and I assume I am not the only one with only SP on their mind, so this feature will only help those managers. It will not make it easier, only more helpful!
And I believe you disagree with every suggestion Pipkin, so I guess you don't want to improve SP?
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

My signature is already under some SP improvements .. But I don't like stupidities, which can be carried over by scheduled training of one skill by another.
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
Frrfrr
Team Board Member

Post by Frrfrr »

Pipkin>
it is not stupidity, it is a feature, which would just improve SP.

other supporters>
it is good idea but I dont believe this gets implemented soon while not much improvement. to do list is proly long ... count rather in years then months ...
Red_Army_Squad
Team President

Post by Red_Army_Squad »

I asked a friend of mine who is also making a game how many time it would cost to make such a feature. He said if the admin is busy it could take a week. But if you get busy with it, it'll probably just cost one, max two days. Now I know there are more important things to make, but Sjarel is not the only programmer, is he? I don't say this feature has to be made right away, I am just saying that it is not very hard to make. At least that is what my friend said. I myself don't know much about programming and stuff. If I am wrong then sorry.
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

Train players skill by skill as many top managers do and you won't complain about the skill drop which remain undetected by you .. ;)
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
Red_Army_Squad
Team President

Post by Red_Army_Squad »

Yes I will start doing it now, but I still think this feature has to be on the to do list.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”