Youth Investment

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Youth Investment - Do you like this idea or not?

Yes, this is a good idea.
60%
No, this idea sucks.
40%

Total votes: 50

Howl
Team Manager

Post by Howl »

You should remember that allowing wealthier players to buy higher ranked players will increase the supply of 'star' players. If you increase the supply of a scarce resource, you are going to decrease the price of that resource. By decreasing the price of 'star' players, you are going to hurt those lower ranked teams that luck out and get a star player.

In the end, the lower ranked teams are still going to get hurt if money can buy better players.

Finally, the comment about 100 million euro players becoming de rigeur made my stomach tingle. Economics is way too much fun and it will be a whole lot of fun watching a virtual economy 'fail' under the pressure of hyperinflation! Keep in mind that economies generally follow a sine wave - hyperinflation will continue until prices reach a critical point - their theoretical maximum. At this point, the money supply will be so low that prices will start to tumble until they reach the theoretical minimum. This is where the truly great managers are going to make a killing....

Something tells me that this game would make a great dissertation - maybe I should do a PhD in economics someday???
armstech
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by armstech »

I think the basic of this topic is find a way to decrease the inflation, rather then the skill-points-youth system as exlained in the first post. Paul indeed has a point that players are sold now for much and much more money than 5 to 6 seasons ago.

A decent youth CM player (agression < 35; hidden skill > 90) costs about 4 to 6M now. When i started playing (season 8 ), i bought a CM 45 agression with head skills maxed on 92 and 91 for only 200k. I have to say that it was not a youth player, but the price for such a player today would be at least 2M; which is 10 times what i payed a few seasons ago. If you should compare the price of the average transfer now, and 5 seaons ago, you would surely see the difference. I point at the average transfer price and not the maximums transfer price just to give a more common view.

So for me it's quite obvious that there should be something done about the inflation. My general idea would be to give managers more things to spent there money on, so that there is less money left to spent on transfers. Increasing staff wages (I have a 500/week youthco, a new youthplayers has 1200/week ...), make more stadiumupgrades, ...

An other idea would be to increase the chance that a youth player gets promoted to the A-team. This means more youth players in the game, more youth players on the transfer list and less manager trying to buy them as they already got a youth player of there own.

The SP engine itself could create real youth players itself from time to time, and place them on the TL. Rather then sending them to the team who gives the player the highest loan, I would send him to the team who offers the most. Hidden skill/Agression are still randomly calculated. Doing this, you create more youth players in the game, reduce the price of an average youth player on the list, and you make sure that the money 'disappears' from the game as it doesn't go to a another club.

And please don't think i post this because that would be better for me. I do have a anough money to buy me any youth player i want to, (half)trained or untraind.
jeff070
Assistant Coach

hey

Post by jeff070 »

hey manager paul g i like the idea but for teams that dont have money they also should be able to create world class players ur from the US so lets say freddy adu is leavin real salt lake the team that buys him has to pay a lot of money for him so at the end the money that the MLS or salt lake that get sould be invested in keep on creating good young talent also try to be at the same time competitive. coz i dont got money how am i gonna invest in this player i m gonna be broke. btw i havent read the other posts so i could hav missed somethin
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

armstech wrote:The SP engine itself could create real youth players itself from time to time, and place them on the TL. Rather then sending them to the team who gives the player the highest loan, I would send him to the team who offers the most. Hidden skill/Agression are still randomly calculated. Doing this, you create more youth players in the game, reduce the price of an average youth player on the list, and you make sure that the money 'disappears' from the game as it doesn't go to a another club.
I like all of the ideas in this post, not just for the inflation purposes but because it makes the system a bit more realistic. In reality a team would have millions of potential soccer players to choose from when choosing who to fill its roster with. It gives a manager more to think about, and anything that does that is an improvement IMO.
jeff070 wrote:hey manager paul g i like the idea but for teams that dont have money they also should be able to create world class players ur from the US so lets say freddy adu is leavin real salt lake the team that buys him has to pay a lot of money for him so at the end the money that the MLS or salt lake that get sould be invested in keep on creating good young talent also try to be at the same time competitive. coz i dont got money how am i gonna invest in this player i m gonna be broke. btw i havent read the other posts so i could hav missed somethin
I've seen Freddy Adu play a few times, and he doesn't look like a world-class player to me. I don't think he's regarded that way anymore. He's probably mismanaged where he is as well, and that doesn't help. He should have played overseas.

Anyway, let's say you develop some great player and sell him for 15 million. Under the current system, you can't invest this money in any kind of young player because the way youths are created is completly random. So making more money doesn't help you invest in anything, because there is nothing to invest in. Once you've developed your stadium, all you can do with money is go right back to the transfer market and buy another player.

And you might be patting yourself on the back, because you just made 20 million from selling this great player that you developed. But that 20 million won't buy you the same players that it would have 5 seasons ago, because the price of ALL players is higher.

And it is more realistic that top clubs would be more likely to come up with top youths in real life. Which club is more likely to come up with a world-class young player? Manchester United or Colwyn Bay?

At one brief point in the past, America...
At one brief point in the future, the world?
gerben
Team Manager

Post by gerben »

not a good idea, but i like the idea of a youth team
with a small competition or only friendly matches
and that you can select the best players for the a team when he is 18 if you want.

most difficult is making a competition, or let the team play only friendly matches or real cups
bregovicion82
Coach

Post by bregovicion82 »

And then where is the fun of playing soccerproject?...
I mean if you invest 20 million in a youth player, you KNOW from the beginning that player will be good... so were is the fun of waiting the player to train and hope he will not limit next day?...

After all, this is a game, not a course for "perfect soldiers"...

And also the idea advantages the managers from first leagues.....
Zé da Silva
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Zé da Silva »

Paul_G wrote:With this rule, someone who invests 20 million will create a player whose skills will range from 75-100 instead - someone who will be a very good player, but still not guaranteed to be world class. Plus they could get a sweeper, who as we all know, would be almost a complete waste of money.

We'll set it so that no more than 20 million can be spent in this way per incoming youth, so that there is no guarantee of creating a world class player.
Since the average player reaches 75% anyway, it wouldn't take out the fun.
barosanu
Team Manager

:)

Post by barosanu »

armstech has some good points of view

hight prices are because top managers or lucky ones(those ho have the luck to get a youth player that turs out to be 80+ 90+) so if there whould be more good players in the game the prices will fall, but lost of good ones will turn out to be only at the top teams
allready i saw that in sp the players provideed to a team at the start(new managers n th egame) they are allready beeing made to be bad
i saw that maibe 8 out of 10 players bought by me from young maangers that they started to sell imediately they got the team, 8 out of 10 turned out to be 65% max, all of them where provided by the server to that team at here start. i saw that the server gave a smaller budget at the starting teams,
sezon14 loc 10 in H1251
sezon 15/16 loc 5/2 in H1251
sezon 17/18/19 loc 5/8/2 in G417
sezon 20 loc 2 in F139
sezon 21 loc 1 in E47 CAMPION
divizia D ne asteapta!!!!!!? oare? fac /faceti fata?
nu stati in calea mea ca va.......
barosanu
Team Manager

Post by barosanu »

gave them less players ex 15 17 and not 20 25 30 as they gave a couple of seasons ago, tha ideea could be that of encreasing the sallary of staff in proportion with the division in wich the manager is, in proportion to his quality, an ideea copuld be to ask for a 95+ palyers a 10k or 20k higher sallary or an impute of a large summ of money every contract for him to accept it, that way very very good players will not be able to be sold with more money, in stead of giving the money to a team, ex:
sezon14 loc 10 in H1251
sezon 20 loc 2 in F139
barosanu
Team Manager

Post by barosanu »

95% player, it costs 50 mil.........so instead of giving 50 to the team you could only give 20 30 because the player will ask for a summ of money to leave teh team so he will ask for a 50k sallary and a 5 10 15 mil comision or tax
ideeas are, and i m sure that the programmes have thought of them by now
if ill be many good players thy will make their transfer muck harder, if they will be lower in number they will encreas the % in wich they will appear at new teams or as young youth center players, to much money for a b c division teams they will make sure to ask them for more money on staff and players sallary, to much money spent by new teams=> lower buget for them, less players in their team etc etc etc

PS: THE MESSAGE was to long for 1 post
sezon14 loc 10 in H1251
sezon 20 loc 2 in F139
Illusion1970
Assistant Manager

Post by Illusion1970 »

it is soccer and NO Willie Wonka searches for Oompa Loompas... :lol: :lol:

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”