Searching players... (transfer)

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

samhye
Groundsman

Searching players... (transfer)

Post by samhye »

Is it possible to make a new way to buy players... If you want to buy now new players you have to look to each player... It would be better if you can put in some details such as...

I want to buy a CM but...

his passing has to be above 75
his speed has to be above 60

So you will find more players you want to buy !
Michal Kejchal
Team Board Member

Re: Searching players... (transfer)

Post by Michal Kejchal »

samhye wrote:Is it possible to make a new way to buy players... If you want to buy now new players you have to look to each player... It would be better if you can put in some details such as...

I want to buy a CM but...

his passing has to be above 75
his speed has to be above 60

So you will find more players you want to buy !
But are you aware that this will help mainly rich clubs? You as a newie will lose in the end.
Frrfrr
Team Board Member

Post by Frrfrr »

i believe this would help to spend less time on main game activity. i hope this should not be main activity - dull klicking on hundreds players to choose right one ...

honestly, i have no idea why this is not yet implemented - except the admin is too busy with other issues ...

additionally, i heart some players are against. only contra i see is that there is a player with a lot of free time - he may perform dull klicking while he got time. if you busy, you dont have time, therefore you dont check so much, so there is less demand so price is lower.

conclusion> loosers with no real life clicking dully on each player would loose their advantage of having no real life in exchange of some SP money. so they would suffer, yes ...
Zé da Silva
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Zé da Silva »

Frrfrr wrote:conclusion> loosers with no real life clicking dully on each player would loose their advantage of having no real life in exchange of some SP money. so they would suffer, yes ...
We prefer to be called "thorough researchers".
silverblast

Post by silverblast »

Your conclusion is that people who are willing to put time and effort in SP should get less advantages than now. Where's the logic in that?
The Arbiters - F.73

Previously: Olimpia Piraeus - H.171

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools - D. Adams, 2009.
Michal Kejchal
Team Board Member

Post by Michal Kejchal »

Zé da Silva wrote:
Frrfrr wrote:conclusion> loosers with no real life clicking dully on each player would loose their advantage of having no real life in exchange of some SP money. so they would suffer, yes ...
We prefer to be called "thorough researchers".
I think that Frrfrr is also thorough researcher. But maybe he feels guilty for that :D
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

WTF is this ? If this would be in, the game will loose its spell..

If I want to buy someone, I go through the whole market and search, I think that typing some numbers leting the system searching is stupid ..
Even H division team can find a huge player, someone, which is unseen, because the market has not been searched by top managers a lot. I see this "request" as an addition to the power of high division teams .. :?
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
Frrfrr
Team Board Member

Post by Frrfrr »

Pipkin: you should joke ... what a game spell should be lost if dull klicking and reviewing of hundreds spam players whom you dont need is eliminated? instead of it you get nice interface to search directly for the things you need.

honestly i am fed up of this klicking, while if you dont do it then you cant get up leagues. if the game further should be about more and more searching in transferlist - which is always longer due to increased number of players it starts to be annoying instead of bringing fun.

when i joined SP there were 7-8 pages max of players per selection, currently it is over 20 in some cases near to 25. Even enhancing searching methods it is now more waste of life then fun ...

Michal> i dont feel guilty, i feel fed up :(

Silverblast> yes i think people spending lot of time get huge advantage versus players who play it much less. the difference in performance is then huge. many of my friends stoped playing this game, while it takes too much time to play good. even having good strategy how to play the taste to win and kik the asses to other is much lower then goodwill to spend so much time with mindless klicking in transferlist

honestly, there are still many strategies how to acquire a good player on market even having no fast transfer even having nice interface making it more comfortable, but there are so many voices sticked to old play stile :(
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

Michal Kejchal wrote:But are you aware that this will help mainly rich clubs? You as a newie will lose in the end.
Yes, God forbid someone should ever suggest something that enhances play or makes things easier for anyone other than G and H league owners. Clap him in irons! :o

I don't see how it would only help rich players anyway. Rich players can buy whoever they want. They buy solely on GR. Poor players are the ones who have to be discriminating. When I play Championship Manager, I know my player searches are much more exacting when I'm running as a conference team than as a top team.

Silver, I don't believe that players who spend 2-3 hours a day on here should have much of an edge over casual players. 95% of the people on here are casual players, so I think we should make things as convenient for them as possible. To put it concisely, I'm against any change that figures out strategy for you or removes strategy, but I'm for any change that saves mouse clicks and time.

I think this rule would be a good addition.

At one brief point in the past, America...
At one brief point in the future, the world?
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

I just don't think it's necessary, if you wanna have a good player put some effort in it. We have the transferforum where you can be more specific as you wish (ordened by position). Indeed i have to admit the transferlist got bigger and bigger with the enlarging of the H league. But still if you use your time wisely, you will find the right player you need. I play this game for 6 or 7 seasons now and i have to say after some time you 'understand' the whole transfer system. Although i manage to scr*w it up each time I buy an untrained player. The only thing i dislike is that i can't see the stats of a player at first sight. Now you need to click on his name first and than the whole list gets out of order. That's a lil messy, still i dont know why copying of other games. Just like some proposals say why not searching via nationality .. unuseful imo :?
Michal Kejchal
Team Board Member

Post by Michal Kejchal »

Paul_G wrote: Yes, God forbid someone should ever suggest something that enhances play or makes things easier for anyone other than G and H league owners. Clap him in irons! :o

I don't see how it would only help rich players anyway. Rich players can buy whoever they want. They buy solely on GR. Poor players are the ones who have to be discriminating. When I play Championship Manager, I know my player searches are much more exacting when I'm running as a conference team than as a top team.
Only want him to know it :P And I consider my club as rich one - so nothing against them. But true is that "game mobility" would be decreased by this solution.

I agree with Geronimo there should be a possibility to have all players stats appeared in one click. Something like link "show all" (on one page).
silverblast

Post by silverblast »

I'm afraid I also have to reject this suggestion.
Some people have made it an art to transfer 'smart'. If you are too lazy to do some clicks, you can always bid on the most expensive players...
It's your choice, time or money.

I think it's absolutely logical that people who put more time in a game have a certain advantage. For the same reason, skills of a player tend to decrease once in a while. (So it makes you set your trainings, because if all your players were fully trained, you wouldn't have to set trainings anymore.)

I also believe it's kind of faking it from Hattrick. Yes it would be useful... but let me hear from you again when you found yourself a real good bargain, (good player for little money) .. that's the other good side of the medaillon.

You can complain about the settings, or be smart and use them in your advantage.
If you don't have time enough to play SP and have real success in it, then you should go play Hattrick. SoccerProject is an active game with active managers. Survival of the fittest.. and that's how it should be. :wink:
The Arbiters - F.73

Previously: Olimpia Piraeus - H.171

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools - D. Adams, 2009.
Red_Army_Squad
Team President

Post by Red_Army_Squad »

I like how it is right now and I'm kind of annoyed by all kind of new managers suggesting this feaure everytime. Just search on the TM for a player!!
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

All this doesn't much matter, anyway. The only thing that really makes a difference is GR. Skills that are important to a certain position are already weighted in. If you buy a midfielder with a passing of 92 and low everything else that adds up to a GR of 68, then you're still buying a crappy player.

So in fact, why complain that a search would make it easy? It's already made as easy as possible with the GR rating. That's why us despicable E level and above owners don't spend a lot of time sifting through players looking for a high skill in one area - because doing so is just a waste of time. You need balanced players to have success.

At one brief point in the past, America...
At one brief point in the future, the world?
Michal Kejchal
Team Board Member

Post by Michal Kejchal »

Do you realy believe it? Sometimes you can find realy talented player hidden on page 10 or deeper.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”