Marking

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Helios
Team Board Member

Marking

Post by Helios »

What about giving individual marking orders to defending players?
Hysteria

Turkish Moderator
Red_Army_Squad
Team President

Post by Red_Army_Squad »

I don't really see how it can help SP. It would be a nice feature but I don't think it will have much effect. And I think hard to make...
kjekspakke
Team President
Location: C:\World \Europe \Norway \Østfold \Fredrikstad \Rolvsøy

Post by kjekspakke »

it would be a nice add-on, but i doubt if it would work out.
Helios
Team Board Member

Post by Helios »

well i dunno anything about simulating the matches but if other management games has it, they should have a good reason to have this feature. :wink: Imagine, we have milan and chelsea in SP playing a friendly. Milan defence marks only one forward player who is shevchenko and chelsea marks only one forward player gilardinho. That will take SP to a more tactical management game.
Hysteria

Turkish Moderator
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

I don't think the game engine works in this manner. That is, I don't think that the way games are simmed would allow for something that specific. I could be wrong though.

And how can you tell who would be a good man marker anyway? Just because someone is fast or a good tackler, doesn't mean they're a good marker. Would you create another 'marking' attribute for players?

At one brief point in the past, America...
At one brief point in the future, the world?
Helios
Team Board Member

Post by Helios »

Defence players should have a man marking attribute already. Well we can have a separe marking part, that will mark the player which is chosen. I dont think we will need the marking attribute for instance. But there should be a part which will ask you while you defend; will you mark zonal or mark player.
Hysteria

Turkish Moderator
PipkiN
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by PipkiN »

Helios wrote:Defence players should have a man marking attribute already. Well we can have a separe marking part, that will mark the player which is chosen. I dont think we will need the marking attribute for instance. But there should be a part which will ask you while you defend; will you mark zonal or mark player.
You are not able to see which formation and strategy your opponent plays, so this feature is useless
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
silverblast
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by silverblast »

PipkiN wrote:You are not able to see which formation and strategy your opponent plays, so this feature is useless
I totally agree. :) Man marking in reality only gets decided the very last minute, or even after a half time. :wink:
The Arbiters - F.73

Previously: Olimpia Piraeus - H.171

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools - D. Adams, 2009.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”