new formations?

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

unicool
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by unicool »

I have like 4 SW so i would use it
or you can sell them or sack them. :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Prostia inseamna sa faci acelasi lucru in mod repetat, asteptand rezultate diferite!"
"Liga a IV-a, seria a II-a, locul 3, ca să vadă toată țara unde-i Poli Timișoara!"
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

I agree with this idea. I think managers should be able to play whatever formation they want, as long as they can't set something too freaky which would exploit the game engine, like 8-1-1.

It would make the transfer market a bit more diverse and it would add some strategy to the game.

BTW, I think the US National Team used a 3-6-1 before... I think it was '98.
Last edited by Paul_G on Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

At one brief point in the past, America...
At one brief point in the future, the world?
unicool

Post by unicool »

BTW, I think the US National Team used a 3-6-1 before... I think it was '98.
this 3-6-1 sistem is 3-4-3 with a pushed forward CF.the other 2 players from back of the CF plays in front of the midfielders.a 3-4-2-1 sistem but because the field is limitated the 4-2 became 6 in vision of some people.
"Prostia inseamna sa faci acelasi lucru in mod repetat, asteptand rezultate diferite!"
"Liga a IV-a, seria a II-a, locul 3, ca să vadă toată țara unde-i Poli Timișoara!"
JustisministerMyking
Team Manager

Post by JustisministerMyking »

unicool wrote:
I have like 4 SW so i would use it
or you can sell them or sack them. :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I`m selling one of them! Uses two and have one youth. So if you want a SW just contact me :wink: But anyway you see my point!?
<-<-<-Eikeland Tigers->->->

Our goal: To play for Norways glory and honor!
x42bn6
Team Manager

Post by x42bn6 »

Liverpool won the Champions League playing 3-6-1. Baros up alone, cramming 6 in midfield - two as attacking midfielders.

3-3-4 is another one that can be done. DC/DL-DC-DC/DR-ML/MC-MC-MR/MC-FL-FC-FC-FR

You can use sweepers and wide strikers together: 5-2-3 (though very infrequent): DL-DC-SW-DC-DR-MC-MC-FL-FC-FR

The alternative is, of course, to give players two possible positions (FC-FL, FC-MC, FL-ML, ML-DL, SW-DC, for example), so it doesn't punish certain formations.

4-3-3 is a formation where you cannot really focus on one thing, because it uses everything but a sweeper, while 5-4-1 players have the liberty of selling every single FL and FR they have, irregardless of ability. And because newcomers love strikers, they get sucked into buying rubbish strikers, but the 5-4-1 guy isn't complaining. Same applies for 4-4-2 (SW, FL, FR).

I don't think the engine uses formation-based AI (i.e. 4-4-2 tends to have an advantage over 4-3-3, which tends to have an advantage over 4-5-1, which tends to have an advantage over 4-4-2), more like calculation-based depending on who is where. So it would be pretty simple to implement more formations, depending on how sensible they are. I do not want to see custom formations - and then see formations like 10-0-0 winning by a penalty.

Or perhaps have defenders give some sort of boost to the midfield, but sweepers a boost to the goalkeeper. Or wingers and wide strikers giving a slight boost to each other. Basically anything that stops punishing certain formations and allows for some sort of flexibility.
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

x42bn6 wrote:I don't think the engine uses formation-based AI (i.e. 4-4-2 tends to have an advantage over 4-3-3, which tends to have an advantage over 4-5-1, which tends to have an advantage over 4-4-2)
Good words. I think the engine could use a little bit of this logic, although more complicated (combined with many other factors).
Anything to increase the tactical level of the game, which is very low now. It's all about getting best players on the pitch, once you find how to get your maximum line-ratings, just stick with it. No matter how your opponent plays....
I'd love to see more games where both teams play 5-4-1 end in 0-0 or 1-0 for instance. Stuff like that.
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
unicool

Post by unicool »

Liverpool won the Champions League playing 3-6-1. Baros up alone, cramming 6 in midfield - two as attacking midfielders.
liverpool played 3-4-2-1.baros was the pushed CF and in his back the two midfielders as "attacking midfielders" played in front of the other 4 midfielders.the sistem is in 4 lines not 3.
x42bn6
Team Manager

Post by x42bn6 »

But then again attacking midfielders aren't usually given a line of their own unless they are specific playmakers (like AC Milan). You don't call a diamond 4-4-2 "4-1-2-1-2".
gazza88
Team Manager

Post by gazza88 »

so what are the chances of this getting implemented?
Frrfrr
Team Board Member

Post by Frrfrr »

gazza88 wrote:i just feel at the minute that the SW position is nearly useless on soccerproject.
I think you have no idea what you are speaking about. Seems you missed whole SW concept till now.
SW does not need any more support or use. It is enough overpowered in this game ...
I hope there will be never implemented additional power up of SW under current concept of game.
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

Frrfrr wrote:
gazza88 wrote:i just feel at the minute that the SW position is nearly useless on soccerproject.
I think you have no idea what you are speaking about. Seems you missed whole SW concept till now.
SW does not need any more support or use. It is enough overpowered in this game ...
I hope there will be never implemented additional power up of SW under current concept of game.
Can you elaborate? Why are sweepers overpowered?

Because I agree with Gazza that they are useless. They should double as CB's IMO. We don't have special designations for attacking and defensive midfielders. Why should we have one for sweeper?

At one brief point in the past, America...
At one brief point in the future, the world?
x42bn6
Team Manager

Post by x42bn6 »

Sweepers do seem to be better at goalkeeping (compare http://www.soccerproject.com/game_repor ... ID=6208588 http://www.soccerproject.com/game_repor ... &season=18) but the ideal situation is that you should always have a full goalkeeper in goal.

But like I've said, the lack of formations for a sweeper and wide strikers generally hurts 4-3-3s.
robert
Team Board Member

Post by robert »

Will there be new formation in the future in this game?
-----------------
Robert
Manager of VIF FC
gazza88
Team Manager

Post by gazza88 »

i sincerely hope so.

if you are having problem deciding think about this:

do the top managers change the team to fit the formation? or do they change the formation to fit the team?
mikky4
Team Manager

Post by mikky4 »

if new formations are implemented...will it be posible to decide where on the pitch a player will play for example you could have a 4-3-3 but can merge as a 4-4-2 like this:

____*___*__*___*

_________*

_____*_______*

_________*

_____*________*

Rb Cb Cb Lb ---- Defenders

Dmf/Cm

Cm/Rm Cm/Lm ---- Midfielders

Amf/Cf

Cf/Rf Cf/Lf --- Attackers

sorry if it has been suggested before and the amatuer layout... but i think if your able to merge one or more formations it will be a great spfa feature ....everyone will win, spfa members will be able to choose from a variety of formations, which we all want and more support for sp... the problem is that will it be too difficult to add this feature, if not i'll be willing to wait

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”