new formations?

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

gazza88
Team Manager

Post by gazza88 »

can we have a pre-season trial of this and have a vote a week before the season starts as to whether it should be implemented or not.
Manager Name: gazza1988
Team Name: Mansfield Town
mosmartin
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by mosmartin »

Well I do have something to say regarding this. I don't understand how such a beautifull game can miss having the most beautifull formation in soccer: 4-1-2-1-2.

Also how could you miss having position CAM?(central attacking midfielder)
Some of the best player in the worls play on this position: Ronaldinho, Kaka, Zidane(retired, best player ever :D), Diego.

Also I see you have sweeper which means kind o a libero. Well the sweeper is not used for more then 10 years in modern soccer. Now it's used DM(defensive midfielder) which is a completely different thing.

Also another goodformation is 4-2-4(like Real Madrid) this season which means, LB 2XCB RB, 2X DM(or one DM and one CM) , 2 Wingers(which might be LF and RF from this game in order not to create more positions) and 2CF.

Anyway, this game is superb but it will be the FATHER AND MOTHER of all games of this kind if it will have 4-1-2-1-2 and CAM and DM in this game.
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

mosmartin wrote:Well I do have something to say regarding this. I don't understand how such a beautifull game can miss having the most beautifull formation in soccer: 4-1-2-1-2.

Also how could you miss having position CAM?(central attacking midfielder)
Some of the best player in the worls play on this position: Ronaldinho, Kaka, Zidane(retired, best player ever :D), Diego.

Also I see you have sweeper which means kind o a libero. Well the sweeper is not used for more then 10 years in modern soccer. Now it's used DM(defensive midfielder) which is a completely different thing.

Also another goodformation is 4-2-4(like Real Madrid) this season which means, LB 2XCB RB, 2X DM(or one DM and one CM) , 2 Wingers(which might be LF and RF from this game in order not to create more positions) and 2CF.

Anyway, this game is superb but it will be the FATHER AND MOTHER of all games of this kind if it will have 4-1-2-1-2 and CAM and DM in this game.
Greatest ideas ever! but a AM and DM have been suggested before, just put your CM as offensive or defensive :wink:

I would like the formation 5-3-2 but instead of 2 CB's have 2 SW and 1 CB. The SW's will have more value in the game since we can use them in this formation and we could implement other formations containing multiple SWs.

I got too many SW's for the little amount of formations i can use them for.
mosmartin

Post by mosmartin »

C.A. Peñarol wrote: Greatest ideas ever! but a AM and DM have been suggested before, just put your CM as offensive or defensive :wink:
This doesn't feel like the 4-1-2-1-2. I've tried that from the start but it's like food without salt(or condiments).
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

I agree on some of your points, but I don't feel a need for CAM or CDM (attacking midfielder/defending midfielder) because like penarol says, you can put your CM on offensive or defensive. That does feel te same to me.
Addition of 4-2-4 would be nice for me.
In general, I think we could use a more sophisticated system on formations etcetera.
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

How about a "free" positioning system?

Imagine we have a soccer-field, and you can drag players to any position there, where there is a hidden "grid" under the field.
The position on the grid would determine how good each player performs, and the sum of positions of players, combined with the tactics, would determine the overall performance of a team.

I'm sure it can be done, it would take some good thinking/math/engineering, but I think it would set SP apart from any other soccer-manager game :P
FC Wageningen
gvido
Team Board Member

Post by gvido »

and how about supper attacking 3-3-4 :))
4 players in attack
www.fkskonto.ucoz.com

my club web site :)
mosmartin

Post by mosmartin »

sljivovica wrote:How about a "free" positioning system?

Imagine we have a soccer-field, and you can drag players to any position there, where there is a hidden "grid" under the field.
The position on the grid would determine how good each player performs, and the sum of positions of players, combined with the tactics, would determine the overall performance of a team.

I'm sure it can be done, it would take some good thinking/math/engineering, but I think it would set SP apart from any other soccer-manager game :P
I subscribe to this 100%!
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

Hahaha that's an awesome idea! that reminds me of FIFA manager '07!!
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

mosmartin wrote:
C.A. Peñarol wrote: Greatest ideas ever! but a AM and DM have been suggested before, just put your CM as offensive or defensive :wink:
This doesn't feel like the 4-1-2-1-2. I've tried that from the start but it's like food without salt(or condiments).
You could check the new ASPT program that came out, it will indicate precisely if the player is better for defensive or attacking midfield with the general rating ;)
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

C.A. Peñarol wrote:
Hahaha that's an awesome idea! that reminds me of FIFA manager '07!!
I don't know that, but I think I remember good old SWOS has a similar feature :wink:
I loved that game, best soccer-game ever! But I never used the custom formations much :D
check this:
http://bigcalm.tripod.com/swos/tactics-analysis.htm
FC Wageningen
mosmartin

Post by mosmartin »

C.A. Peñarol wrote:
You could check the new ASPT program that came out, it will indicate precisely if the player is better for defensive or attacking midfield with the general rating ;)
Yes I know, I am using it. What I meant is with two new positions but I think it's very hard to create them now.
Thanks anyway.
Illusion1970
Assistant Manager

Post by Illusion1970 »

3-3-4
4-2-4
would really be cool...

another one to increase the use of that useless SW....
1-3-3-3:
1(SW)-3(LB-CB-RB)-3(LM-CM-RM)-3(LF-CF-RF)
saman13
Team President

Not Too Bad

Post by saman13 »

hi . i think 4-3-1-2 is cool too
Aristotle : Well Begun, Is Half Done.

Chelsea FC--Jose Morinho
S-18.H170(3rd)
S-19.H170(1st)
S-20.G57(1st)
S-21.F19(1st)
S-22.E7(14th)
S-23.F19(13th)
S-24.G55(1st)
S-25.F19(1st)
S-26.E7(4th)
S-27.E7(1st)
gazza88
Team Manager

Post by gazza88 »

how come there has been no official response to this thread?

can someone who can make the choice as to whether this is accepted or not please state whether it will or wont?
Manager Name: gazza1988
Team Name: Mansfield Town

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”