We should be able to man mark

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

C.A. Peñarol
Team President

We should be able to man mark

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

yes as the title says it, it happens in real life, players concentrating on marking a specific player from the next opponent.

Maybe this should be a good idea if the opponent has a good CF, RF or LF and you want to lower he's chances of scoring against you, you could put one of your SW or CB to mark him closely. Thus this might increase the possibilities of another forward to score, but at least lowering the chances of that good forward that the opponent might have.

Or you could put one of your CM to man mark another CM that the opponent has.

I've seen this happen in real life games and on other games like Ps2 games, maybe it's time to implement a new individual order.

What do you guys think? :)
Lucas1
Assistant Manager

Post by Lucas1 »

It's always frustrating when this happens, but yes it does happen. I personally think it is an unfair tactic but it could be used as a new individual order as it does happen.
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

I'm not saying that a SW or a CB would totally cancel out the opponents forward, he'll just mark him closely and lower the chances of that forward scoring. Just like in real life. Ronaldinho is usually man marked because of he's skills, in some cases it works but sometimes it doesn't. Get where I'm heading?
gazza88
Team Manager

Post by gazza88 »

C.A. Peñarol wrote:I'm not saying that a SW or a CB would totally cancel out the opponents forward, he'll just mark him closely and lower the chances of that forward scoring. Just like in real life. Ronaldinho is usually man marked because of he's skills, in some cases it works but sometimes it doesn't. Get where I'm heading?
thats why teams do badly against him, you dont man-mark ronaldinho, all he has is tricks he's rubbish otherwise,

anyway bock on topic, man-marking is more of an in-game change, otherwise you would need to know the other teams formation,

an idea that i think would have to be implemented as well as this idea would be to have scout reports (basically a link to the opposition teams last match report) like in real life.
Manager Name: gazza1988
Team Name: Mansfield Town
warchilde
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by warchilde »

gazza88 wrote: thats why teams do badly against him, you dont man-mark ronaldinho, all he has is tricks he's rubbish otherwise,
ronaldinho..rubish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lived to hear this too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
on topic..i like the ideea :D
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

gazza88 wrote:anyway bock on topic, man-marking is more of an in-game change, otherwise you would need to know the other teams formation,

an idea that i think would have to be implemented as well as this idea would be to have scout reports (basically a link to the opposition teams last match report) like in real life.
yes scouts report would be a good idea, it's pretty hard if you don't know what formation the other team is putting on the field.

Maybe implement a man mark option on a specific player if he plays against you, like an extra option apart from the normal orders, like if you think a strong CF is going to play against you, you man mark him, but if he doesn't play against you, your player would have a secondary order, like play it out or such.

This would be good to implement on defenders and midfielders to man mark certain players of the opponent IF they they play.

Also, this is good idea to implement... a new skill for the defenders ' man marking' :D
tudor
Team Manager

Post by tudor »

It's a good ideea . Every ideea that improves the tactics worth to be discussed. The tactics are very poor at this game. It is reduced to buying and selling players.
emotion microcontroller

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”