Objectives Chart

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Should an objectives chart be implemented for SPFA?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 44

Lucas1
Assistant Manager

Objectives Chart

Post by Lucas1 »

NEW IDEA:

I think a formula could be generated so that seasonal objectives are challenging enough for each club.

For managers who are against this, how about this:

We allow managers to choose before the new season simulation if they want to be set objectives by the club's board for the upcoming season and how many objectives they want set. If they don't then fine, they can't earn or lose money/manager points as normal but if they do then they can. There could be a certain randomness about the objective setting to make it more fun and a little less unpredictable.

If the manager reaches an objective set at the end of a season (next season simulation) then they are awarded money and manager points (the amount of which an objetive is worth would be clarified in the objective chart).
There is also the risk of losing that money and manager points however, if you don't complete the objective.

I really am beginning to like this idea (even though it is mine!) and honestly think it would make SoccerProject even more unique and fun to play.

There could be a limit for the toughness of an objective depending on the team rating or whatever (or division) but the random factor could determine how tough the objetive would be under the limit.

THIS IS NOW NOT A SPFA FEATURE BUT A NEW GAME FEATURE IDEA. This would make it fair for everyone.

"Can you manage it?" - Can you reach your objectives?

The chart could look like this but with the new idea doesn't need to include the almost column:

Last edited by Lucas1 on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
MrManager
Fan

Post by MrManager »

Great idea for a SPFA feature :D
SP Genius
Fan

Post by SP Genius »

Yes we need more features for SPFA and this would be a perfect feature!
kofi
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by kofi »

It´ couldn´t be only for SPFA members..it´s unfair when
and you can gain money by completing those tasks.
but it´s great idea....and you can gain also team spirit etc. completing those task. Not only money :)
FC Alkoholicks
Lucas1
Assistant Manager

Post by Lucas1 »

Setting objectives yourself could only be for SPFA but if we were to add objectives from the board then this could be for everyone.
Zé da Silva
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Zé da Silva »

If it's you who set the objectives, you could set "Reach the cup's 1st round", "finish in the top 16 in the league", "raise fan base from 15.000 to 15.001"...

So I don't agree with gaining something from this, but it's an otherwise good idea.
Lucas1
Assistant Manager

Post by Lucas1 »

No. Two seperate ideas...

Idea 1: Have an objectives chart for SPFA only to help you with setting and planning your aims for the season as well as analysing your aims.

Idea 2: The club's board could set the manager some objectives. If you complete an objective, you could gain some money. This would of course be for everyone.

For example:
Two tables. Your objectives in one (SPFA feature). The board's objectives with the amount they are each worth in another.

Or we could just have one or the other - an objectives table which allows you to set your objectives (for SPFA) - can't earn money from that - or one for everyone where the board set's you some objectives which you can earn money from.
Michal Kejchal
Team Board Member

Post by Michal Kejchal »

Its problematical to give some money for this. But anyway its really good idea!
It seems to be logical to implement this to manager points system, which is now a bit strange.
For example: Board would say: "reach the X-th round of SP cup" - depending on current division (and modified by random). There would be like 50-100 managers points at stake. If you accomplish you gain if not you lose them.
The same for division overall standings. It can prevent managers a bit from tactical avoiding promotion, etc...
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

Maybe let SP automatically set a few objectives every season, depending on how many of the objectives you reach, you will get a bonus. Maybe we should set goals according to the division we play in and the amount of seasons we've been in the division.

For example, a team in the A or B division will be much harder to reach their objectives, having to go through a high amount of rounds in the Cup and reaching promotion/champion positions in the league depending on how long they've been in the division.

For a team in G or H their objectives will be easier, based primarily on reaching higher positions in the league every season, increasing TS and raising fan base. We could also add objectives for stadium expansions and increase the average rating of the team.

Or we could set our own objectives, but we wouldn't get any bonuses :(
Lucas1
Assistant Manager

Post by Lucas1 »

I'd like to hear what Sjarel thinks of the ideas.

Bonuses from completing objectives set by the board - would be a great addition to the manager points system. Make it more realistic to catch up to members who have played for a long time....Dark Tiger :wink:

or

SPFA objectives chart for manager convenience....
luko
Assistant Manager

Post by luko »

I like the idea! :wink:
Frrfrr
Team Board Member

Post by Frrfrr »

cool idea ...
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

I disagree with the board settings. Objectives set by AI would almost certainly not match with the abilities of the team in many cases. It would get stupid and unfair.

I think you should set them yourself. Just make it so that harder objectives give you more reward if you meet them.

So if you're in E, and you set your objective to 'Don't get relegated', then you'd get 25k. But if you set it to win the division, then you might get 500k. The price values change according to what division you're in.

I would also add that teams that have just gotten relegated should NOT have the opportunity to set objectives during their first season in the lower league, to prevent people from exploiting this rule.

In general I think it's a great idea! 8)

At one brief point in the past, America...
At one brief point in the future, the world?
lee400
Team President

Post by lee400 »

the chart is a great idea, add Paul's ideas and it couldn't be better. :wink:
Username: Sir Lee (former lee400)
Team: AFC Bournemouth (Former Yunderland FC)

NEED ANY HELP, TIPS OR ADVICE?
JOIN www.sptips.co.nr NOW AND ASK FOR 1:1 HELP! RECEIVE A REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS!
Lucas1
Assistant Manager

Post by Lucas1 »

So, I think we are leaning towards setting your own objectives and the harder you set your objectives the more reward.

I think, therefore it should - if implemented - be for everyone as it wouldn't be fair for only SPFA members.

I think there should be a list of objectives for you to choose from in the first 2 days of the season (first weekend). If you reach or exceed the objectives that you set at the end of the season, then your club's board rewards you with the money that the objectives are worth.

If you are ambitious with your objectives then your fan satisfaction could go up. If you aren't then it could go down.

Further complications could include that if you just won promotion, your fans would be happy with not relegating again.

If you just got relegated then your fans wouldn't be happy unless you aimed for promotion again - however the promotion reward for meeting that objective wouldn't be as high, as the your club's board would be under the opinion of it been a relatively easy objective...

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”