random events

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

zix777
Assistant Coach

random events

Post by zix777 »

forgetting my previous newbie post about tactics... :)

im thinkinh now it could be great adding a few random events applied to
random teams, positives or negatives events.

I mean something as the instant retirement of a player or receiving a sum
of money for xcause, special offer from sponsors, etc

only a few of them applied randomly to a few teams of entire admins list,
nothing that could modify the actual scripts,
just add more little hazards

just an idea
Aislinn_united
Groundsman

yes

Post by Aislinn_united »

i like that idea a more realistic play crippling injuries, storm dmg and vandalizim etc.
barosanu
Team Manager

Post by barosanu »

not such a good ideea
if you get by random 3 or 4 of the playes that are the most important to you, if you get then to die or to injury as bad as they get in real life sometimes,,then you shoul put up the fact about insurances that can reconpensate you for the loss

the ideea now is that if you sign with a player for 3 seasons, then 3 seasons that player will play for you, he will not retreat unexpectedly...
bad ideea for drastic things like you say , or for death or unexpected vandalism or kreapling injuries
sezon14 loc 10 in H1251
sezon 15/16 loc 5/2 in H1251
sezon 17/18/19 loc 5/8/2 in G417
sezon 20 loc 2 in F139
sezon 21 loc 1 in E47 CAMPION
divizia D ne asteapta!!!!!!? oare? fac /faceti fata?
nu stati in calea mea ca va.......
Aislinn_united
Groundsman

yeah

Post by Aislinn_united »

true but it could also be group based to help thin the finances of the higher teams and keep things interesting
bunicutzu
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by bunicutzu »

Why thin the finances of the "higher teams"? based on which algorithm can you say a team is "higher" than other? in this way the game won't be the same for all of us, isn't it?
and again ... thin the finances of the "higher" teams? "higher" teams need more finances, they are expensive. in H you play 5k salaries, a higher team may pay 300k-400k ... a manager worked a lot to get to have a "higher" team, makes plans for 2-3 seasons ahead ... it's hard to be the manager of a "higher" team ...
lee400
Team President

Post by lee400 »

I disagree with this idea, makes things very uneven.
Username: Sir Lee (former lee400)
Team: AFC Bournemouth (Former Yunderland FC)

NEED ANY HELP, TIPS OR ADVICE?
JOIN www.sptips.co.nr NOW AND ASK FOR 1:1 HELP! RECEIVE A REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS!
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

Maybe, but they shouldn't be frequent though.
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
lee400
Team President

Post by lee400 »

But still, this makes the game unfair, whether its once a season or more often.

I don't like this idea...

Simply because, then, if I buy a player for around 30 million euros, and then tomorrow, the random event happens and says "He died". Then I will quit this game, because it makes everything poor quality and unfair.

Also, I wouldn't be happy if I see someone get 5000 million in a random event, and just waste 50 mil on each player, and still have plenty.

JOIN www.sptips.co.nr NOW AND ASK FOR 1:1 HELP! RECEIVE A REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS!
Zé da Silva

Post by Zé da Silva »

lee400 wrote:But still, this makes the game unfair, whether its once a season or more often.

I don't like this idea...

Simply because, then, if I buy a player for around 30 million euros, and then tomorrow, the random event happens and says "He died". Then I will quit this game, because it makes everything poor quality and unfair.
What's the difference between this idea and the "chance cards" on Monopoly, apart that the latter appear more often and don't cause any deaths (as far as I remember, but I haven't played it for a while)? This is actually one of the key ingredients of the game.

Plus, these events would make SP more realistic. Any team in real life can buy a player that dies the following day: remember Len Bias? If the NBA transfer system didn't work with trades and drafts, but rather with transfers, he would be a player that would be worth the €30 Million you mentioned. And I'm not even going to talk about the dozens of players that have died over the course of their carreers.
Also, goalkeeper Cláudio Taffarel remarkably retired from football hours before he was due to sign a contract with his new club Empoli, following a car failure he interpreted as a "sign of God".

I've always thought that this was a minor flaw in all management games...
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

Nice talking Zé.
I would like to have an option like this, but chances should reflect reality, so it would only happen a few times per season, divided over 40.000 managers. Most managers would never even find out about these events.
On the other hand, this could be nicely combined with a SP-newspaper that highlights these weird cases, combined with some other things (results A-division, a few random transfers, etc)
I'm talking out of hand, sorry :wink:
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

You could also argue then that things like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_air_disaster should be happening for the sake of reality. Realistic for those teams who don't suffer this, but completely disastrous for a manager.

I don't think it would be a good idea to implement this in SoccerProject.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
Zé da Silva

Post by Zé da Silva »

Sjarel wrote:You could also argue then that things like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_air_disaster should be happening for the sake of reality.
... which, bottom line, would be true (people can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true).
Sjarel wrote:Realistic for those teams who don't suffer this, but completely disastrous for a manager.
It's also realistic for those who suffer...
But the up-side would be next to none, and the downside potentially lethal (such as the Gabon air disaster, to name just one), and also you would have to have a hell of a job programming all possible events and scenarios, which, at the end of the day, would be a never-ending process.

It would indeed help the game become more realistic, but a game will never be a perfect copy of reality, so I'll give you that: this idea shouldn't really be taken to the extreme (if considered at all).
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

I'll conclude, without citing Wikipedia this time, we agree on this one ;-)
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
lee400
Team President

Post by lee400 »

Sjarel wrote:You could also argue then that things like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_air_disaster should be happening for the sake of reality. Realistic for those teams who don't suffer this, but completely disastrous for a manager.

I AGREE! :D

And ZdS, then you wouldn't mind if your whole team died because of muslim bomb terror? "Oh, Its a part of the game!" :lol: "It's my 10 seasons work down the drain, but oh well! I can start again!"... I'm sure even you wouldn't want that.

Woko

Post by Woko »

There are good suggestions, but if they become true in SP, they shouldn´t be so much frequented (e.g. 10 deaths(not only players) per season in whole SP world)...
I would prefer events like toilets out of order or something like that, which wouldn´t influence the game...
Jantar FC
Největší úspěch v minulém působení - 18.sezona - 1. v E.43
Nyní - boj v D.9

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”