Salary demand decay

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

SBroccoli
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Salary demand decay

Post by SBroccoli »

Look, I'm sure this was brought up before. I just didn't see it on page 1 and 2 so I guess it may have been somewhat forgotten.

The problem I would like to have adressed is what we discuss frequently on the english section: some newbie wants a transfer transfer player at all cost. Having not real experience with player values, he overbids anything and ends up offering an insane salary and bonuses - just to make sure he gets that player.

3 weeks later: the newb lost interest long ago or went bankrupt. The club is put on auto and the expensive player is recirculated to the market. But now his salary expectation is still at the highly unrealistic level. Salary 70k and win bonus 30k etc.

If this isn't a 90+ player he will never be able to be sold again and all he can do in this game is wait to get retired. The problem is magnified by a lot of casual managers just joining up and quitting soon after. They leave behind a polluted transfer market with a lot of players that are difficult to buy. This in return puts a lot of wasted effort on the dedicated managers who have to trod through a lot of unrealistic demands on the transfermarket.

Suggestion: introduce a decay in the players' salary demand so that he will gradually lower his demand the longer he is not playing.

One might consider whether this should apply to players without clubs or all players. Those without are most important.

I don't envisage this decay to be a major one. That might get exploited.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
warchilde

Re: Salary demand decay

Post by warchilde »

SBroccoli wrote: If this isn't a 90+ player he will never be able to be sold again
you are very very wrong. let the free market be, it works great....once you will learn how, you will agree with me
dawron
Team President

Post by dawron »

It's You, Warchilde the newbie, who's wrong.

See my previous topic about this problem (it is on page 1, SBroccoli): http://forum.soccerproject.com/viewtopic.php?t=108272
Tatran Střešovice
My máme slabý kádr jak hovado!
cercel_jr

Post by cercel_jr »

dawron wrote:It's You, Warchilde the newbie, who's wrong.

See my previous topic about this problem (it is on page 1, SBroccoli): http://forum.soccerproject.com/viewtopic.php?t=108272
I'm offtopic, but if warchilde is a newbie, then you show me a newbie with 200M+ budget. :wink:

If you think this is a problem, again, talk to the "newbie" warchilde, and probably he will teach you how to deal with these situations. This is not a big problem at all. :wink: Some managers are prepared to pay loads of money for a very good player.

PS.: And again I observe that you, dawron, keep atacking other managers who don't agree with you.
I don't want to take your example but you are like a crying girl who cant win nothing in SP and instead wants to make the game easier. If you want to do something then find ways to beat the system, without cheating, exactly like in real life.
Manager: cyp
Team: Fotbal Club Botosani

May the random be with me!
warchilde

Post by warchilde »

dawron wrote:It's You, Warchilde the newbie, who's wrong.
i lol'ed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mosmartin

Post by mosmartin »

Dawron, you're wrong, I have free players and they are doing quite fine in my team.

PS: You could lear a lot from warchilde, the newbie. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PPS: I would be happy even to pay for this kind of players with huge salaries if they are suited for my team. :twisted: :twisted:

PPS2: Learn the game and stop complaining.
bunicutzu

Post by bunicutzu »

hehe, also look at my newbie team, i think i should've been bankrupt about 100 times according to what you are saying.
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

I think you get my suggestion wrong.

What I am suggesting would not change the market mechanisms so much. It would serve to introduce a more realistic and interesting aspect of making player salaries also possible to go down.

This would for example mean that some players will become more attractive over time. It's not just the 90+% players that this would effect.

Also the lowere ranked players would be (marginally) affected and thus make them more sellable.

The result might well be a much higher turn-over of players. I'm sure all the vets here who run their club like a grocery store would like the added option to scoop up good players that dropped in price? :)

Btw.: your various noobish insults were all deflected. I've faced dozens like you so just stuff it and save your energy for managing.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
cercel_jr

Post by cercel_jr »

We were talking about Dawron, because he's the one who is calling everyone newbie, and he think's he's the best but he keep's complaining about the game.
Manager: cyp
Team: Fotbal Club Botosani

May the random be with me!
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

No, my reply was to Warchild. He just flew off the handle instead of giving the idea 2 seconds consideration.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

If you, as a manager, retire your players go to the free market now?
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

As I understood it, a number of players go on the market as the vacated team is reset by SP. Otherwise a new player might inherit a bunch of elite players - the kind that ruined the previous manager.

However, it looks like players who were on the transfer list when the bankrupt happened might just stay there untill they expire? (so many 'this player no longer exists' messages). Typically an ill-considered manager will try to sell a lot of players as a last ditch effort to avoid bankruptcy (unless he simply abandons the team). So a good part of the players will be on the market with their star-quality salary, but with absolute average skills (a midfielder with 60-some skills at 30k salary is ridiculous).

This is all from observation so far. SP is rather complex so I could well be mistaken.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

As far as my knowledge of the game goes, the players get deleted after the manager retires.

Unless there has been changes, i have no argument here.
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
warchilde

Post by warchilde »

SBroccoli wrote:No, my reply was to Warchild. He just flew off the handle instead of giving the idea 2 seconds consideration.
i wanted to make you think about something, but aparently i failed.
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

C.A. Peñarol wrote:As far as my knowledge of the game goes, the players get deleted after the manager retires.

Unless there has been changes, i have no argument here.
No, you're right ofc. Thinking of it, all your players when you start as new, are ofthesame nationality (yours). This ofc.means they have all been replaced.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”