Buy 1 get 2 free

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

YouKnowWho
Assistant Manager

Buy 1 get 2 free

Post by YouKnowWho »

Well the topic name is slightly misleading but what I want to suggest is for direct transfer, in place of giving money we can offer players. Say to buy a CM I can offer 2 LB or 1 LB plus some amount. If both the party accept the offer the transfer done.

I know some of you can say that it'll encourage cheating. But if you like the idea then we can think about more ideas to minimise the cheating. like we can fix a minimum blocking period and make the offer public etc.

This can help the smaller league team who doesn't had big money but may have good players. so what say ?
zandyy
Team Manager

Post by zandyy »

This is not a bad idea, but I just cannot see how it can be technically implemented. It is not a right idea for a game such as SP, which needs standardised solutions.
dragosh***
Team President

Post by dragosh*** »

It is a 'maybe' good ideea, but it's not in the priorities.
Cine te-a sfatuit sa fii tu insuti , te-a sfatuit gresit...
EX-Manager: Dragosh***
EX-Team:Fc Steaua Bucharest***
bunicutzu
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by bunicutzu »

i think it's a bad idea, and this is why:
- the player who is used for trade, as money, he never gets to transfer list. so nobody gets a "chance" of buying him. in this way, it can be "masked" the transfers of very good players like i said, without the possibility for the rest to make offers.

say you go to the market. you buy apples, you buy oranges, and you want to buy flowers but you have no money. you go to the flower seller and tell him:
-what price do you want for those roses?
-10 euro.
- well, i have 2 euro but i give you also some apples and some oranges, is it ok?
terry

Post by terry »

It will increase cheating also, I don't think it's a good idea...
http://www.scheidsrechters.be de site voor scheidsrechters

Jupiler-McDonalds
YouKnowWho
Assistant Manager

Post by YouKnowWho »

terry wrote:It will increase cheating also, I don't think it's a good idea...
I agree terry that it will increase cheating. But it can also help smaller clubs which have low budget. I am also suggesting that if the transfer is agreed then there should be a minimum 3-4 days blocking period & any other manager can bid more better option.
YouKnowWho
Assistant Manager

Post by YouKnowWho »

bunicutzu wrote:i think it's a bad idea, and this is why:
- the player who is used for trade, as money, he never gets to transfer list. so nobody gets a "chance" of buying him. in this way, it can be "masked" the transfers of very good players like i said, without the possibility for the rest to make offers.

say you go to the market. you buy apples, you buy oranges, and you want to buy flowers but you have no money. you go to the flower seller and tell him:
-what price do you want for those roses?
-10 euro.
- well, i have 2 euro but i give you also some apples and some oranges, is it ok?
Sorry bunicutzu, but I can't get what you are telling. Say today is my girlfriend's birthday and I want to give her a red rose but i have no money, then what's wrong in exchanging the apples and oranges (which I pluck from my neighbours garden) ?
terry

Post by terry »

YouKnowWho wrote:
I agree terry that it will increase cheating. But it can also help smaller clubs which have low budget. I am also suggesting that if the transfer is agreed then there should be a minimum 3-4 days blocking period & any other manager can bid more better option.
Yeah, but the clubs with a low budget can sell their players first and buy then a player they want. It 'll have the same effect. :wink:

Jupiler-McDonalds
YouKnowWho
Assistant Manager

Post by YouKnowWho »

terry wrote:
YouKnowWho wrote:
Yeah, but the clubs with a low budget can sell their players first and buy then a player they want. It 'll have the same effect. :wink:
Agreed Terry but the transfer market is not so predictable. Say Team A has a CB of age 30+ and team B want him but may not have the budget. But team B has 1 LF & 1 RF of age 17+ which team B think will fetch the money he required to buy the CB.
But it may happen that that the LF & RF doesn't fetch the money in transfer market. So a complete loss for him(losing the LF RF as well as the CB). Also transferiing will take time. So in between maybe the CB sold. It may also happen that the team A might be interested in the low age LF/RF. So by my method both party can be in profit.
terry

Post by terry »

Then you get a big advantage for the experienced managers. New managers doesn't know the worth of players so probably they'll trade their good players for 2 bad players who haven't the same worth together. I think it'll only help the experienced managers and don't see an advantage for the newbies...

Jupiler-McDonalds
YouKnowWho
Assistant Manager

Post by YouKnowWho »

terry wrote:Then you get a big advantage for the experienced managers. New managers doesn't know the worth of players so probably they'll trade their good players for 2 bad players who haven't the same worth together. I think it'll only help the experienced managers and don't see an advantage for the newbies...
This point I missed. Yes there are lot of inexperienced managers who doesn't know their players worth. Thanks terry, this maybe a disadvantage for low dividion managers.
terry

Post by terry »

YouKnowWho wrote:
terry wrote:Then you get a big advantage for the experienced managers. New managers doesn't know the worth of players so probably they'll trade their good players for 2 bad players who haven't the same worth together. I think it'll only help the experienced managers and don't see an advantage for the newbies...
This point I missed. Yes there are lot of inexperienced managers who doesn't know their players worth. Thanks terry, this maybe a disadvantage for low dividion managers.
If you add some extra points to your idea it can be a good one. :wink:

Jupiler-McDonalds
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

terry wrote:
YouKnowWho wrote:
Nope.

I've been in situations allready where I could have made a swap with another club.

There was just no way to make sure both players would go through the market at the same amount of money.

But I can also see how this could be abused for cheating. If the admins' options for detecting cheaters isn't too good, it probably would be too risky to open for barder trades.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”