choosing the role for new players

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

squarcina
Assistant Coach

choosing the role for new players

Post by squarcina »

From my youth centre I got many CF, many RB, for examples, and never a GK or a LM.. so as far as I know the role of a new young player is set randomly. I think it would be better this scenario:

1) When a new player reaches out excellence to become a pro, the system tells you a new one is available

2) You can choose which role set for the player

3) The system randomizes his skills

Otherwise, we will have plenty of CF, for example, and we will be forced to sell them, and never a GK or another role...

is this possible to have?
Black_eagle
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Black_eagle »

and then we would all chose CM as we all know they are the best way to make money :D :D
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

I think such an option would make the game too easy.

But I'd consider other options. Like making it depend on some abilities the youth coach has. Or the predominant system your team plays (i.e. more CFs if you usually play with 2 CFs).

You shouldn't complain about getting many CFs btw. They are easier to sell than a bunch of SWs....
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
calin_g

Post by calin_g »

it doesn't seem realistic to me.. clubs all around the world promote to the first team only those players who are good enough to make it to the first team. not even great football schools like ajax amsterdam cannot raise young players on demand, according to their needs. you cannot command to the youth trainer: i want you to raise me in 2-3 years a gk or a midfielder cause i need one for the first team. it all depends on the young players talent and dedication
YouKnowWho
Assistant Manager

Post by YouKnowWho »

SBroccoli wrote:I think such an option would make the game too easy.

But I'd consider other options. Like making it depend on some abilities the youth coach has. Or the predominant system your team plays (i.e. more CFs if you usually play with 2 CFs).

You shouldn't complain about getting many CFs btw. They are easier to sell than a bunch of SWs....
What if I keep changing my formation style every 20-30 days. First i can start with 2CF formation then switch to 2 CM formation and then to 2 CB formation. So I get CF CM CB all

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”