Something should be done about the publicity

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

calin_g
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Something should be done about the publicity

Post by calin_g »

In the last 2-3 months, the number of sponsors decreased significantly and the periods of the sponsorisation grew big time. For example my stadium allows 10 publicity banners, but only 3 or 4 of them are filled at any given time, 'cause it's not profitable to fill the rest of them with banners that gives me 10000 for 30 or 40 days, so i prefer to leave them blank. The money you get these days from publicity are insignificant almost to your budget. This ain't right, it ain't realistic, 'cause in the real life, a major part of a clubs budget is covered by publicity income. I suggest to increase heavily the number of sponsors, the ammount of money and the period of sponsorisation to vary from company to company. It would also be cool if we could choose a t-shirt sponsor, one that pays a certain sum of money to wear their name on your t-shirt. This sum should vary acoording to the league in which the team plays.
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

And now you'll get people complaining about inflation.
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

IRL getting sponsors enough is the hell of a problem.

So unless you're in A-C, I would not call it unrealistic that sponsors are hard to get.

In fact I'd say it's odd that sponsors pay the same per banner no matter which division you play in.

BTW.: why do TV-rights pay me less per match now than last season?
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
terry

Post by terry »

Why people still get their money from their advertising?
Get your money on the Transfer Market, you should look for money where you can find it...

@SBroccoli: maybe to do something about the inflation?
http://www.scheidsrechters.be de site voor scheidsrechters

Jupiler-McDonalds
squarcina
Assistant Coach

Post by squarcina »

I agree for the matter. Banner should be paid more, as it was when I started up SP in december 06
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

SBroccoli wrote:In fact I'd say it's odd that sponsors pay the same per banner no matter which division you play in.
This is not true :wink:
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
YouKnowWho
Assistant Manager

Post by YouKnowWho »

terry wrote:Why people still get their money from their advertising?
Get your money on the Transfer Market, you should look for money where you can find it...

Yes transfer market is a big source of income (and cheating too). But what we want is atleast an alternative to transfer market. People are talking about inflation and cheatings and the main source of them are the transfer market.

In real life did clubs solely depend on transfer market ?? Is it not that a clubs biggest source of income come from Sponsers and Gate pass ??
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

sljivovica wrote:
SBroccoli wrote:In fact I'd say it's odd that sponsors pay the same per banner no matter which division you play in.
This is not true :wink:
My mistake. I see it has changed now. But I swear untill today it was the same amount as last season.

TV rights also went up today compared to the first match. Also depending on division?
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
bunicutzu

Post by bunicutzu »

probably depending on the ranking of the team you were playing with ...
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

Last season I got the same TV-right payment no matter the rank of my opponent. My own rank went up during the entire season. No change to TV rights.

Is there perhaps a difference between H and G here?
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
zandyy
Team Manager

Post by zandyy »

I think we all noticed the drop in the average income generated by advertising boards in the last 1-2 months. It is pretty obvious this isn’t coincidental, and therefore cannot be classified as a ‘problem’ – you may either agree or disagree with this decision apparently made by the administrators. It might be an attempt to reduce the money supply, which in all is positive. It means you need to work harder in order to generate income and differentiate your team from other teams, mostly through the transfer market, rather than give all teams a steady and lazy source of stable income to keep their club’s financials afloat.
calin_g

Post by calin_g »

you definetly have a point, but the goal of the admins should be to make the game as realistic as possible (this is, after all a football manager simulator), that's what i insisted on when i created this topic, or, when the income from publicity represents less than 5 percent of a teams total income... it just ain't realistic
terry

Post by terry »

YouKnowWho wrote:
terry wrote:Why people still get their money from their advertising?

Yes transfer market is a big source of income (and cheating too). But what we want is atleast an alternative to transfer market. People are talking about inflation and cheatings and the main source of them are the transfer market.

In real life did clubs solely depend on transfer market ?? Is it not that a clubs biggest source of income come from Sponsers and Gate pass ??
I think this is what Sjarel etc wants but before you can increase the advertising money and the victory bonus you should take a lot of money out of the game. If you increase that money now there should come a lot more money so the inflation should go very fast and good players should became unpayable... :wink:

Jupiler-McDonalds
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

..i.e.: tax transfers, as per my suggestion.

Right now there's a standard fee on a transfer, but an actual tax, maybe even progressive, would certainly take a dent out of inflation.

I think reducing the banner income is a bad way to reduce inflation because it hits the smaller clubs relatively much harder than the big ones.

Yet again, if Sjarel intended to favorise the big clubs, the change is the right one ofc.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
terry

Post by terry »

That isn't a bad idea I think. Raise the money you pay to the players-agent. If you improve that money from 2% till 5% it 'll take a lot of money out of the game...

Jupiler-McDonalds

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”