Buying players, renewing contracts etc

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

cruxify
Team President

Buying players, renewing contracts etc

Post by cruxify »

I think there should be a comma or a break of some sort to separate numbers when you are buying a player or renewing contracts.

For example, 8m atm would be read as 8000000. It would be easier to read if it was 8,000,000. Also, it would greatly help any dyslexic players that play this game.

It could also help in reducing the amount of mistakes made in renewing contracts, eg. a player paying 70k wages instead of 7k.

It's already there for player wages in the contract section, accounting section, it shows the highest offers in the section where it tells you who has made bids on this player, so it can be done.
SBroccoli
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by SBroccoli »

Two thumbs up for that. A suggestion that should be easy to implement, I believe(?)
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
Howl
Team Manager

Post by Howl »

What if there was a screen 'in between' making the offer and having the player accept it? Say you offer 8000 a game and a signing bonus of 8000000, the confirmation screen could say.....

You offered blah blah eight k per game and a signing bonus of 8 m.

Continue? Y/N

While commas might be really good for those with dyslexia, people with severe tracking problems can actually have more difficulty with commas in place. A kid I used to work with has extreme tracking problems and 8,000,000 could easily look like 8 billion. Playing monopoly with him was always fun - "You landed on Boardwalk, you owe me.......a million dollars."

Hold on you little bugger....

"That's what the card says....."

Speaking of different abilities, I tend to believe that SoccerProject could be an amazing way to introduce kids on the autism spectrum to negotiating. Kids who are on the spectrum tend to get taken advantage of all the time - they will sell their shoes to the neighborhood bully for $2 and then buy half a bottle of pop from someone else for $25. Anyone have any thoughts?

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”