88%
no
12%

Total votes: 59

gerben
Team Manager

turn old players into staff

Post by gerben »

wy not an option that players who are retiring can be turned into staff people.
and how better he was as player, how higher he will be(how closer to hundred, so you dont have to send him on a cursus so much)
once a blue always a blue, everton 4 life

david moyes, vrebos fc
Black_eagle
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Black_eagle »

it isn't that much a practical ideea because you can easily find very good coaches on the list. though i voted "yes" because its good as an "romantical" ideea. a player that helped you trough many seazons since 17 years old, gave evrything for your team, now he is 34 and you can keep him as staff.i would like that
calin_g

Post by calin_g »

hmmm.. it's interesting what you suggest.. but regarding gerben's suggestion that they should be in staff positions as good as they were as players.. i just don't agree: mourinho, benitez, wenger were not such great players but they dominate football as managers. and viceversa: few great players make it as trainers, club chairmans an so on...
kennyanu

Post by kennyanu »

had this idea. not implanted
Revenit :)
Hodgey
Groundsman

Post by Hodgey »

I think it's an awesome idea!
Werder_fan
Team Manager

Post by Werder_fan »

Very nice idea! 8)
gabitza23
Team Board Member

Post by gabitza23 »

very nice indeed
keyelpk
Team Manager

Post by keyelpk »

nice but make it for only not so good players- those who like polished the bench half career, coz they sit and hear more from the coach managing stuff.

and fresh and new for me was to understad that 30 years ago SJE has won just 1 major cup as player, but he's supermanager now!
fbi1188
Team Manager

Post by fbi1188 »

hmm..but how we will know who player will be coach and who not??
and if i have a example German Youth coordinator and there is old player who wil retire in to Youth coordinator..but if i dont wanna that old example Czech player as YC ?? :roll:

but still i voted "yes"

i like to spend my money :lol:
Fbi1188
FC Borussia M

Image(Of Latvia )

http://www.battle-strategy.com/

Player: Etheldreda the Hammer
-DER HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-
Werder_fan
Team Manager

Post by Werder_fan »

All players who retire would be able to be turned into staff people.You will deside who to do that :wink: .But this is not obligatory,it is only your choice and you use this option only if you want.Otherwise,everything with the staff remains the same,ony this new featute can be added. :wink:
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

Please: polls should always have a third option. Like 'Don't know' or 'Don't care'....
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

Crap, I voted no. :x

I wanted to vote yes, purely because there are a few "club legends" from my team that I'd like to have them as coaches. Either that or I'd want the ability to name stands in my stadium after them.

But yes, it should only be an option to a player who's played something like 7+ seasons for you.
Korsarul_negru
Team Board Member

Post by Korsarul_negru »

I like the idea but I must agree with black_eagle, the idea is not so practical but it brings the game a bit closer to the real thing. :arrow: For making this idea practical to, I suggest implementing it as an option in the contract negotiations for players that are close to retirement thus making them a bit happier about the offered contract, just the way car and house option works. So this way the offered salary could be reduced for an old player (they don’t play like in the old days anyway), but, once the contract is signed with the job on retirement clause the end of the contract will mean the date of retirement for that player and he will be automatically hired as staff (need more work at this part) as soon as the contract ends unless the player isn’t sold until then :idea:

Semneaza petitia impotriva reactoarelor nucleare daca nu vrei sa retraiesti Cernobalul

Iti plac jocurile de browser? Arunca un ochi poate o sa iti placa si asta ;)

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”