Selecting captain for game

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

cruxify
Team President

Selecting captain for game

Post by cruxify »

Why do we get a list of all our players in the drop down menu? It's pointless as players are in the list that aren't even playing. It would be much easier to select captaincy if your starting 11 only appear in the list.

Perhaps it could also be done so it goes in descending order of experience so it's easier to see who has most experience without having to check all the time.
florin3l
Assistant Manager

Re: Selecting captain for game

Post by florin3l »

cruxify wrote:Why do we get a list of all our players in the drop down menu? It's pointless as players are in the list that aren't even playing. It would be much easier to select captaincy if your starting 11 only appear in the list.

Perhaps it could also be done so it goes in descending order of experience so it's easier to see who has most experience without having to check all the time.
I agree
FC Poli Timisoara in E.70

Awesome player for sale... check him in my squad FC Poli Timisoara
Korsarul_negru
Team Board Member

Post by Korsarul_negru »

AI agree to. We will certainly save some time this way :wink:

Semneaza petitia impotriva reactoarelor nucleare daca nu vrei sa retraiesti Cernobalul

Iti plac jocurile de browser? Arunca un ochi poate o sa iti placa si asta ;)
fbi1188
Team Manager

Post by fbi1188 »

Korsarul_negru wrote:AI agree to. We will certainly save some time this way :wink:
few second only :D
...but yes it would be good if we will have this :)
Fbi1188
FC Borussia M

Image(Of Latvia )

http://www.battle-strategy.com/

Player: Etheldreda the Hammer
-DER HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-
SBroccoli
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by SBroccoli »

It saves your choice from the tactics section AFAIK.
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

Yeah I know, but for those of us without SPFA we can't make those 4 different line ups, so when I chop and change players (ie, keeper as my starting keeper is captain) the new captain is my keeper. What I want is the list of all your players (for me, 29) to be reduced to the 11 that are playing.
SBroccoli

Post by SBroccoli »

Sorry, but I think it's fair enough that certain features are reserved for SPFA. Why else would anyone pay?
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

There are enough features for SPFA. Making this an SPFA feature would be null as I doubt many people who have SPFA don't have 4 line ups made, therefore, they won't have to change captains as much. People without SPFA would need it more, as they cannot take advantage of the 4 line up selections, and thus have to change players around, in turn changing captain.

In short, not every addition has to be SPFA based, and SPFA users do not need this feature as much as non-SPFA managers.
YouKnowWho
Assistant Manager

Post by YouKnowWho »

Well guys I don't think this topic is worth fighting for. Well if the feature is implemented it will only save a minute or 2.
Another way is to use SPMT. It will tell you who is suitable for captain.
Or it will be better if you write a small script for urself which will tell you who will be suitable for captain for a given selection.
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

I know who to select as captain - player with most experience. That's not the problem. It's more a case of convenience and common sense. Why should we have an option to select players who aren't even playing? And yes it won't save that much time, but neither did adding the fixtures shortcut near our stats and stuff on the left.
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

I use to use all 4 line-ups at one point, i would've needed more than 4 back then though, not anymore, just use one standard line up since i don't really care if I loose or win, nor do I care of my players fitness at this point in time.

But I agree with this idea, I don't think it's very complicated to implement this.
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

So I gather this will be another suggestion that's just going to wither away? I believe it would be very easy to implement and there are no cons to it, so why not add it?
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

i agree.
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.