Option to limit open cups to your own level

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Should there be an option to have a limited cup in addition to the open and the private cup?

Yes, of course, that is a splendid idea
66%
No, there is no need for that
34%

Total votes: 64

killer1982
Assistant Manager

Option to limit open cups to your own level

Post by killer1982 »

I think it would be good to add an option when you arrange an open cup. At the moment anyone can sign up for an open cup. If you don't want everyone to be able to sign up, you have to invite specific managers. However, it would be good if you could arrange an open cup only for managers in the same level as yourself (i.e. if you are in division G, then only for managers in division G and lower divisions). You should still have the option to make it completely open, but while you arrange it, there could be a question along the way, like:

'Do you want to make this cup open to:
a) All managers
b) Managers from "your own level" and lower divisions

If you then choose b) your cup would not appear when managers from higher levels are searching for open cups.

Perhaps this option could be open to SPFA members only?
Last edited by killer1982 on Sun May 11, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
killer1982
Assistant Manager

Post by killer1982 »

still think this is a good idea - anybody else?
Werder_fan
Team Manager

Post by Werder_fan »

Yes,I like your idea. :P
PipkiN
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by PipkiN »

Make private cup, that is your solution.
Open cup is from the word open - open for everyone. You can make private cup and attract whoever you want..
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
killer1982
Assistant Manager

Post by killer1982 »

Make private cup, that is your solution.
Open cup is from the word open - open for everyone. You can make private cup and attract whoever you want..
I can see that you are quite particular about semantics, so perhaps we could say that there could be three types of cups, private, open, limited

The option for a private cup exists, and is good if you want to play specific known teams that are in your list of contacts.

The option for an open cup also exists and is good if you are not really bothered who signs up.

However, many of us humble players in the lower divisions would like to create an open cup for players we may not necessarily already know, but it is sometimes difficult if you end up in a cup with lots of A, B, C, etc. teams who are sure winners. this is where a limited cup would be nice. To have an equal tournament where the outcome is not already determined, and where anyone at the same level can sign up would simply be a nice addition, mainly for the teams in the lower divisions.
terry

Post by terry »

If you wanna play a cup with E,F,G,H then you should play a cup with a low entry fee so bigger teams aren't interested.
If you can choose wich level of teams you want, teams from A don't get a chance to play a cup anymore. :wink:
http://www.scheidsrechters.be de site voor scheidsrechters

Jupiler-McDonalds
killer1982
Assistant Manager

Post by killer1982 »

First of all:
A-teams can arrange their own cups, and there is still the option of anyone arranging a cup for all levels (the current open-cup option). I don't know if this new feature would limit the number of open cups. I don't arrange open cups - with or without fees - precisely because I can't limit who can participate (you would be surprised how many higher level teams take part in cups with no or low fees).
Secondly:
A-teams constitute 16 teams out of some 37.000 teams, so surely the needs of the many outweigh the desires of the few? :wink:
Thirdly:
This could be limited to SPFA so non-SPFA could still only arrange fully open (or private) cups.
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

I agree with this idea. I understand that people can do the same thing by running a private cup, but that means the organizer must send numerous emails, and increases the amount of spam mails other managers get. Is that something we want to increase?

Also, keeping a price low won't keep higher level teams away! There's a cup right now with a €0 entry fee, and the people signed up now are all in F and C. There's one for €6200 organized by a team in D. So teams in A and B can still play, even if the fee is low. Even when the entry fee is low, some people want the trophy!
Korsarul_negru
Team Board Member

Post by Korsarul_negru »

I agree with the idea, its another step towards a fair chance for all managers to enjoy all options of the game :wink:

Semneaza petitia impotriva reactoarelor nucleare daca nu vrei sa retraiesti Cernobalul

Iti plac jocurile de browser? Arunca un ochi poate o sa iti placa si asta ;)
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

Suppose this option would be added. How long will it take before managers start to ask for cup only available to teams with a certain averag rating. Or to be able to block those manager who deliberately relegated to a lower division to be able to win more games ?

I understand why this feature is requested, but I'm afraid it would be the solution you're looking for...
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
killer1982
Assistant Manager

Post by killer1982 »

I don't think this would open the floodgates to more and more specified cup options. I think it fills a gap, which is when you want to have wide participation in a cup, but without the extreme difference in strength that often comes with an open cup.
It is true that you can risk ending up with teams that have deliberately relegated, but this option will at least take away the risk of having far better teams from much higher divisions.
while this feature would not eliminate the risk of a skewed cup, it will drastically reduce it, and make it more interesting for the lower ranking teams.
killer1982
Assistant Manager

Post by killer1982 »

I have added a poll to test the waters. Please cast your vote
Chilly
Coach

Post by Chilly »

I can't agree more...
killer1982
Assistant Manager

Post by killer1982 »

good, the momentum is building
killer1982
Assistant Manager

Post by killer1982 »

keep them votes coming. I think we have a good proposal and I hope it can be implemented. I see no harm in it, and I think it would be a really good addition to the game. So, don't hesitate to vote if you want this to happen.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”