International Football

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

rickw
Team Manager

International Football

Post by rickw »

With the dissapearance of Ivan Pavlovich (Ze Da Silva) the International Forum and matches has gone.

I know the idea of international matches in SoccerProject has been rejected before, however one thing Ze did, was prove that it could work.

I think international matches would be a popular addition to SoccerProject, with managers proud to see their players being called up to their countries and interested in seeing how their own country gets on.

Rickw
Dales Athletic and Former UK manager!
rickw
Team Manager

Re: International Football

Post by rickw »

OK maybe the idea isn't as popular as I thought!!!
dragosh***
Team President

Post by dragosh*** »

great, you've finally realized :mrgreen:
Cine te-a sfatuit sa fii tu insuti , te-a sfatuit gresit...
EX-Manager: Dragosh***
EX-Team:Fc Steaua Bucharest***
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

Has the potential just I feel there should be some sort of in game advertising for it to help promote it. Forums can only get you so far.
tikI
Assistant Manager

Post by tikI »

Well I for one like the idea but like cruxify said it would take more than just a simple question or a poll to decide to implement this feature into the game. For start we should think of a benefit for a player being called to play in his national team other than just a simple morale boost. Come with suggestions and if you're lucky Sjarel might take a look on your proposal.

Cheers
I have only 1 goal....and 2 shots that hit the post :))
Werder_fan
Team Manager

Post by Werder_fan »

One benefit I come up with right away is the fast growing of experance.For example,4 league games has the same impact on the experiance as 1 for the national team.If national matches appear in the system of the game,this suggestion is rather easy to be implemented.

Another,this time more difficult to programme benefit,is money bonus.Depending on how much the player has contributed to the national squad,the manager recieves money.
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

I think the international project should be kept outside the game just have advertising for it in the game some how. Perhaps in the about section of the site, maybe a subtle advertisement another way. So by using players outside of SP but with the same game engine you won't have the risk of not being able to select players for those games as teams will be very reluctant to let their highly rated players go.
rickw
Team Manager

Post by rickw »

The experience idea is a good one, it would help players reach the top quicker but could adversely affect their fitness which would perhaps give lesser teams a chance against those with the best players.

Another option is for International matches to have no bearing on injuries, fitness or experience. The matches would be for prestige of managers who have international players, and perhaps the ultimate ambition of most managers - to become your country's manager (as well as your club side)
tikI
Assistant Manager

Post by tikI »

Another issue that might appear if this feature becomes available could be that new managers will mostly choose their team's nationality other that their own in order for their players to be called at the national team. For instance even if I'm from Belgium let's say I will choose when I am given the option when creating an account that I am from Trinidad&Tobago as few managers from the first league have very good players having this nationality. This will somewhat affect Sjarel's little table from the site's index with "top countries" and all the competitions (Cups) in which you can enter only if you belong to one of the top ones.
I have only 1 goal....and 2 shots that hit the post :))
rickw
Team Manager

Post by rickw »

The unofficial version of this is now returning.
Managers interested in managing their country can visit http://spif.forumz.ro for more details
sljivovica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by sljivovica »

I'd love to see this happen in-game, but there's a lot of practical issues to deal with.

* Fitness is a big one.
It could be manipulated like this: I buy a Czech national team player, and make sure he always plays 20 matches in the week before he has to play a national team match :twisted:
(a solution could be to put all players on 100/100 on moral and fitness for national team games only)

* Timing is a big one, too, especially combined with fitness.
WHEN to play the national team games?
Saturday at 04:00 would be the most logical slot, as players can still recover sunday-night for the new week.

An idea could be to use the 8 saturdays in the competition for the qualifying games, and then use the last week of the season when the league is over to play the world-Cup, every day for 6 days.
It could actually work like this:

Only 64 biggest countries can have a national team.
(This might boost players from smaller countries to get more people to play)
(be careful for cheaters :wink: )
Qualify in 16 groups of 4 (6 games to qualify), winner goes to World Cup
OR...
Qualify in 8 groups of 8 (no home/away, like in UEFA group stage, 7 games to qualify), #1 and #2 go to World Cup

World Cup:
Last full week of season, 16 teams
Setup 4x4 teams, group stage is over in 3 days.
Then 3 more days neede to finish it (8 -> 4 -> 2)

The extra experience of national team games is a good idea.
Probably some financial compensation for the teams losing players would be good too.

Well, I'll just keep dreaming on :)
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”