Changing nationality

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

h00psta
Team Board Member

Changing nationality

Post by h00psta »

Hi,

This is a pretty silly question, but an interesting one. Are we allowed to change our nationality in the profile frequently?

I ask because the new youth players now are the nationality of its manager (I believe). As I'm British, I'm getting British named players, which I don't have a problem with. Eventually I'd like lots of different nationalities in my squad, and I realised this could probably be achieved if I kept changing my nationality to that of a country who have names submitted in the site. So I could change it now to Romanian, get a Romanian youth player, then change it to Italian, and so on.

Probably now that I've pointed this out, many people will start doing it so I apologise in advance to Sjarel. Perhaps a limit can be put on how often you can change your nationality to avoid this problem.

Whilst on this subject though, I would like to propose that all Belgian managers get mixed nationality players entering their team so that we can see less Belgian players more quickly. Nothing against Belgian players but the game will be much better when we have a finer balance rather than 95% Belgian. And since most the managers are Belgian, most of the new youth players in the game will be Belgian, and... you get the idea.
budist
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by budist »

i'd make nationality read-only
I'm A Legend
U Should Take A Picture Of Me
You Should Be Happy To Be In My Presence
I Should Charge U With Fee
ImageImage
h00psta
Team Board Member

Post by h00psta »

That would be the most logical thing to do, but, if someone makes an error during sign up, they are stuck with it forever.
budist

Post by budist »

they can of course write a mail to info@soccerproject.com
I'm A Legend
U Should Take A Picture Of Me
You Should Be Happy To Be In My Presence
I Should Charge U With Fee
ImageImage
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

budist wrote:they can of course write a mail to info@soccerproject.com
I'm not gonna change every mistake a manger makes, no way. There has to be a better option.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
zilviukas
Team Board Member

Re: Changing nationality

Post by zilviukas »

h00psta wrote:Hi,

This is a pretty silly question, but an interesting one. Are we allowed to change our nationality in the profile frequently?

I ask because the new youth players now are the nationality of its manager (I believe). As I'm British, I'm getting British named players, which I don't have a problem with. Eventually I'd like lots of different nationalities in my squad, and I realised this could probably be achieved if I kept changing my nationality to that of a country who have names submitted in the site. So I could change it now to Romanian, get a Romanian youth player, then change it to Italian, and so on.

Probably now that I've pointed this out, many people will start doing it so I apologise in advance to Sjarel. Perhaps a limit can be put on how often you can change your nationality to avoid this problem.

Whilst on this subject though, I would like to propose that all Belgian managers get mixed nationality players entering their team so that we can see less Belgian players more quickly. Nothing against Belgian players but the game will be much better when we have a finer balance rather than 95% Belgian. And since most the managers are Belgian, most of the new youth players in the game will be Belgian, and... you get the idea.
Very interesting idea. I agree completely about the mixed players in a team.

and.... also it should be a possibility to change "read only" items once per season. Maybe I have got married and have changed my family name, or even changed my sex (I don't plan it!!!!) :)
Last edited by zilviukas on Fri May 20, 2005 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OPA F.C.
OscarCookie

Post by OscarCookie »

zilviukas wrote:

and.... also it should be a possibility to change "read only" items once per season.
There should be an opportunity to relocate your youthcenter, each season, or to make your youth coordinator look for youth players in another country... That way you could have italian players if your youth coordinator is targeting the Italian market etc...
S1:- S2:3/E34 S3:1/E34 S4:2/D12 S5:2/C4 S6:3/B2 S7:6/B2 S8:2/B2 S9:7/A S10:9/A S11: 9/A S12:12/A S13: 12/B2 S14:1/C5 S15:6/B2 S16:2/B2 S17:7/A S18:16/A
S36: ?/H38
The Iceman

Post by The Iceman »

OscarCookie wrote:
zilviukas wrote:

and.... also it should be a possibility to change "read only" items once per season.
There should be an opportunity to relocate your youthcenter, each season, or to make your youth coordinator look for youth players in another country... That way you could have italian players if your youth coordinator is targeting the Italian market etc...
Nice idea ,so teams wil pay the travelcosts of the youth cordinator who is looking for players of another country
RSCA: te groot voor België, soms niet groot genoeg voor Europa
matt

Post by matt »

I'm trying out this trick too and I think a lot of managers have noticed this already. Letting the managers choose their youthplayernationality I'd consider a good solution. In that way, they can be honest about their own nationality.

And Sjarel, if you do wanna change the managernationality into read-only, could you give a warning 'cause i'd like to change it then into Belgian again :wink:
OscarCookie

Post by OscarCookie »

matt wrote:I'm trying out this trick too and I think a lot of managers have noticed this already. Letting the managers choose their youthplayernationality I'd consider a good solution. In that way, they can be honest about their own nationality.

And Sjarel, if you do wanna change the managernationality into read-only, could you give a warning 'cause i'd like to change it then into Belgian again :wink:
Same here,

I really liked getting an Italian youth player lately :D Love to get a Spanish Zidane...
S1:- S2:3/E34 S3:1/E34 S4:2/D12 S5:2/C4 S6:3/B2 S7:6/B2 S8:2/B2 S9:7/A S10:9/A S11: 9/A S12:12/A S13: 12/B2 S14:1/C5 S15:6/B2 S16:2/B2 S17:7/A S18:16/A
jamiehutber
Team President

Post by jamiehutber »

lol! HA! a player from differnt coutires makes no differnce does it?

But maybe we could just make it random? or maybe it could be an option to buy youth players instead of them just coming up! you could have an option..thats a poor idea i know..

maybe looking at it from a realistic point of view the youth centre should play a bigger part in the club...so the club would make an investment and bring young player to the centre and train them up to try and make them play for the first team....

here an idea give the scout something to actaully do. have him try and bring player to the youth centre. maybe you could send him to other parts of the world.. to scout for player to bring to the youth centre?
(,")you're drunk! Yes my dear, but tomorrow i will be sober. and you, you will still be ugly (",)
OscarCookie

Post by OscarCookie »

jamiehutber wrote:lol! HA! a player from differnt coutires makes no differnce does it?

But maybe we could just make it random? or maybe it could be an option to buy youth players instead of them just coming up! you could have an option..thats a poor idea i know..

maybe looking at it from a realistic point of view the youth centre should play a bigger part in the club...so the club would make an investment and bring young player to the centre and train them up to try and make them play for the first team....

here an idea give the scout something to actaully do. have him try and bring player to the youth centre. maybe you could send him to other parts of the world.. to scout for player to bring to the youth centre?
And every time the scout has to switch countries, you will lose like 5 days before the next youth player arrives, and have to pay him like 100.000 to travel...

Off course those are all ideas that probably aren't priority...

They are nice though ;)
cretzu

Post by cretzu »

beeing able to build youth centers in other countries would be nice also ...
***TITANII *** managed by Cretzu * SIMPLY the BEST *
season 6/7/8/10/12 - 1st in F228/E76/D26/C9/B3 ... 1st romanian in A league !!!
h00psta
Team Board Member

Post by h00psta »

How about this:

Develop the scout's page a little bit. Here, you can tell him which country to scout. By default, he'll scout the country the manager is from. Then there can be an option "Send scout to:" and then a drop down list of all the possible countries. It would cost about 1.000 for the scout to stay there 1 week (similar to sending him on a course I would say). You could also select number of weeks (4 being maximum in my opinion)

Youth players entering your team will always be from the country you are from. However, if you scout e.g. Italy for 1 week, there's a chance your new youth player could be from this country.

Example: Let's say you have a youth center where you receive a youth approximately once every 4 weeks. If the scout has scouted Italy for 1 of those weeks, there is a 25% the new youth talent will be of that nation. If you have sent him to scout there for 4 weeks, it's very likely your new youth will be of that nation.

Of course, all nationalities are the same value, it would make no difference to scout Romania or Italy.

This is just my idea. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement such an idea, especially the implementation of new youth player's nationality to where the scout has been. However, if it's possible, or anything similar is possible, it would be a great feature.

The cost (I said 1.000) should be pretty low because in reality all you're doing is paying for the scout to travel and work there for a week (compare it with his wages) and you don't gain any advantage, merely a possibility of a different nationality.

Maybe we should move this to the Upcoming Features section :shock:
krcgenk

Post by krcgenk »

I think this is a great idea.

This way managers won't change their nationality frequently.

But instead of talking in weeks, i should say that you can send them for 5, 10, 15 or 20 days. Because youth players come every 20, 30 or 60 days. That way will somebody with a hyper modern youth centre have a 100% change of receiving a youth player from the country he selected. Just a minor change. :wink:

I know it's just an idea, but also that cost should be higher. 1000
Playing in C.6
Manager of ReesingGenk

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”