A few idea's

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

atleti scouse
Coach

A few idea's

Post by atleti scouse »

Ok then, these idea's have probally already been suggested but i will bring them up yet again in hope i can perhaps make these idea's 0.006% better which could get them implimented in the game. Im sure now you are tired of my introduction so i will get down to my idea's ( Our ideas ).

A) English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish independance -

Its quite crazy it hasnt already been done in my opinion and shouldnt be hard as its been done for other countries before. Its true that officially these countries are not independant but as far as any Englishman or any Scot is concerned we are seperate and members of different nations, we are together by name but seperate by heart. Also this isnt the Olympics, we all have our individual football teams so as this is a football game my idea makes sence. I know most people will think " This guy should stfu i don't give a damn " but imagine it was your country, for example imagine Czech Rep and Slovakia we're still Czechoslovakia, wouldnt that annoy you?

B) Player + Cash deals

This is a difficult one so i understand if this isnt put in 100%. What i think is somehow each player should have a " set value " e.g. you have a player it says his name and next to it a certain sum of money e.g. $1.5 Million ( In euro's though sorry i don't have euro keys :( ). Then you could offer this player in a transfer and he would be equal to 1.2 Million. To stop cheaters on the transfer overview page it would still come up purely as cash ( For example if you have a player worth 2 Million and 5 Million cash for a player trained fully at 75 GR then it would come up as costing 7 Million and would be obvious its a cheat transfer ).

C) Check the name database

Some names are stupid for their respective countries, very unrealistic. Its obvious here that people that are not from a country have given in a list of names just taken from real life footballers that names actually are not from that country. For example imagine you had a Spanish player called Bojan Guerrero or Pablo Krkic. This is taking from the name of real life footballer Bojan Krkic which isnt a Spanish name at all. This is a honest mistake made by those who help give Soccer Project so many names, a am grateful for their great efforts but names like these make the game a little unrealistic

D) Give players a hometown + Statistics

This is just a little stupid thing i think would be cool. The hometown name shouldnt be hard to put in really but maybe the club statistics would ( Give such things as players goals for your club, appearances, assists ). This can all be put in a section called " Player facts ".

E) Make assists as well as Goals

Assists are underated so i think there should be assists in the game also, for example have a league assist table next to goals scored.

Thanks for your time and i await your feedback.
cruxify
Team President

Re: A few idea's

Post by cruxify »

Club statistics could involve a small little link down bottom near players, games, cups and history that takes you to a page and lists fun little facts like all time top scorer, most appearances, most cards etc. Thing is though for it to include all players, past and present. So while some players may not exist in the database anymore, their name can still be placed there, so it's kinda like a memorial as well.
atleti scouse
Coach

Post by atleti scouse »

You got it 100% correct.
sissco
Team Manager

Post by sissco »

I agree with all your ideas except for the idea of breaking up the home nations of Britain, I'm happy buying british players :-)

sissco
SBroccoli
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by SBroccoli »

The name database sure looks like it could use some maintenance.

Was it ever revised since it was made in the first place?
Currently playing in D11
FC The White Caps fan
atleti scouse
Coach

Post by atleti scouse »

Broccoli im not sure but some of the names ( Especally French ive noticed ) are unbelievable, i can't give examples but some of the names are hillariously wrong. And in reply to Sissco fair enough but its really annoying for me as a Englishman to represent United Kingdom, i don't care for Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland im English, i want success for England not Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. It also takes away from the realism of English players, i would love to have a team of English guys and breed the next midfield dynamo of Gerrard of a rock like Carragher or even a English skill master like Gascoigne but its impossible at the moment, having players under the union jack really takes away the realism of a football game, if it was a olympic game i'd have no problem at all but it isnt.
rickw
Team Manager

Post by rickw »

A. atleti the British nations has been debated in great detail before and it was rejected, I would prefer the individual nations but can see their point about we're all British anyway.

B. This problem with this is every player + cash deal will then have to be aproved by a sheriff - to stop cheating

C. I redid the British names a few years ago as I was getting annoyed with some players names. Some older players still have different names such as the very British "Gunnar Ole Brennan"

D. I'm not bothered about this one

E. This is a very good suggestion, I think its been suggested before by many others and I think nearly everyone would agree this will be a great addition to the game!
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

The problem with the database is that people who made the lists didn't bother making them correctly, rather they just searched the national football leagues and took names from there. Rodrigo Kubo is an example of a name that is just 100% wrong. Want to know his nationality? Japanese. Half the Australian database is made up of Slavic surnames due to half the national team being of Croatian/Serbian descent.
Wikke
Team President

Post by Wikke »

Player names are taken from the players in the first 2 or 3 divisions of a given country (at the time of making database).
Messi, Van Nistelrooy would be Spanish, Berbatov and Ronaldo British.
If you take a youth coordinator from the country you registered under, you'll get player names from your national competition. I remember that when I started, I was quite happy to get some player surnames from the team I root for in our national competition.
Plus, it's by far the easiest way to get a lot of fictional player names. I really don't mind getting names sounding like 'immigrants'.
team: Kick and Rush (K&R)- D.10
atleti scouse
Coach

Post by atleti scouse »

rickw wrote:A. atleti the British nations has been debated in great detail before and it was rejected, I would prefer the individual nations but can see their point about we're all British anyway.

B. This problem with this is every player + cash deal will then have to be aproved by a sheriff - to stop cheating

C. I redid the British names a few years ago as I was getting annoyed with some players names. Some older players still have different names such as the very British "Gunnar Ole Brennan"

D. I'm not bothered about this one

E. This is a very good suggestion, I think its been suggested before by many others and I think nearly everyone would agree this will be a great addition to the game!

Yes we all are British but why is it so hard to make us independant like they did with Yugoslavia its really annoying. Im British yes but as its a football game i want to represent England. Ive lived in England all my life, Wales and Scotland have gave me nothing in my life. Im proud to be British yes but im prouder to be England and as its a football game i want to represent my country that has played at so many world cups not Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland ( No offence ). If it was hard to put it in the game then i would understand but just not putting it in for the sake of it annoys me. Can i ask you a question and please be honest rick, if soccerproject asked " Do you want all countries in the United Kingdom to be split up on Soccerproject would you want it or decline it ? " remember whatever you say here it will automatically be done.

As for Wikki i also would like immigrant names but rarely, like one immigrant name for every 10 British names ( just say theres 200 British names in database i'd want 20 foriegn ones ) but i'd want realistic ones. In England theres quiet alot of people with Polish roots so i wouldnt mind having a English guy called for example " David Boruc " ( As he will probally have English first name but i wouldnt mind if he had a Polish first name as well ) but if a English guy was called like " Neil Ricardo Olivera " then i wouldnt like that as there are not many ( probally under 5000 i dare i say ) English people with Brazilian names like that. Another example as has been said is Australian slavic names due to the high Slavic population, its good as its realistic but if there started being Australian players with last names from say Iran then it would get unrealistic.
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

atleti scouse wrote:Yes we all are British but why is it so hard to make us independant like they did with Yugoslavia its really annoying.
I remember that on another topic I supported the guys who were demanding for separate flags for the UK teams. But when I see arguments like this one I start questioning myself: "what the hell are you doing in this game spending your time with this kind of people?"
Harder, better, faster, stronger
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

Razvanica wrote:
atleti scouse wrote:Yes we all are British but why is it so hard to make us independant like they did with Yugoslavia its really annoying.
I remember that on another topic I supported the guys who were demanding for separate flags for the UK teams. But when I see arguments like this one I start questioning myself: "what the hell are you doing in this game spending your time with this kind of people?"
I fail to see the problem with what he said...?
Razvanica

Post by Razvanica »

cruxify wrote:I fail to see the problem with what he said...?
Nothing man. It's just me. It's exactly the same situation with UK as it is with Yugoslavia. They are both independent states, run by a single monarch and they were both involved in bloody wars the last 15 years.
Harder, better, faster, stronger
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

For the names database, why not consult places where the names are more linked to citizenship? Obviously in football, especially the bigger leagues, there is an influx of foreign players. But instead of using football rosters, why not use a roster from (for example) the Olympics, or Parliament/government? These aren't prefect, but might be more representative.

Just looking at GB in recent Olympics, there are some "immigrant names" such as Ohuruogu or Amir Khan, but the remaining names are quite "normal" British names. From government, here is just one list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPs_electe ... tion,_2005 again, an abundance of "british names", but also containing names of other ethnicities: Singh, Malik, Sarwar, Afriyie, Kawczynski...
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

Razvanica wrote:
cruxify wrote:I fail to see the problem with what he said...?
Nothing man. It's just me. It's exactly the same situation with UK as it is with Yugoslavia. They are both independent states, run by a single monarch and they were both involved in bloody wars the last 15 years.
I understand now, sorry, very early morning and my brain is running slow. :oops:

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”