Transfer market change suggestion

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

spootytown
Team Board Member

Transfer market change suggestion

Post by spootytown »

When a manager quits SP, his players all vanish. My suggestion would be to make them all go to the transfer market with a starting €1 bid price, and go to the highest bidder under the same rules as the current transfer market (with the exception of the instant buy price, of course). If they aren't bought within the normal 6 days transfer window, then they can retire and leave the game for good.

It can be set up so the new team name for the player is "SoccerProject", so that buyers will know that there will be no IBP and highest bid wins after all the time is up, and so that a manager may only buy 1 (or 3, if SPFA) players from this team every 2 seasons (as it currently is with any other two teams, I think). This would prevent a really rich team from buying up Frrfrr's entire team when he quit, for example.

Benefits:
1. These extra players will increase the supply of players in the market, which should push down prices, helping some price inflation issues.

2. Because managers at high levels leave, there should be some quality players out there (both experienced and untrained youths). There are currently computer teams in B, C, and D that were all once stocked with players!

3. Because the seller will be SP, there should be little or no cheating on these transfers.

4. Because the seller will be SP, once sold, the buyer pays as normal, but the money is taken out of the game, which should help some of the money supply inflation issues.

5. Because unsold players will "retire", there won't be too much added congestion on the transfer market. (only unless a lot of people quit SP!)

6. Because there's still a strict limit on how many players can be bought from SP, it won't turn it into a trading sim.
cruxify
Team President

Re: Transfer market change suggestion

Post by cruxify »

Fantastic idea and I was going to propose something like this myself but got sidetracked.

Also, when a player's contract runs he should appear on the transfer market for free for the usual two days. This could give managers an opportunity (such as myself) to try and get back some of their lost players due to contracts running out.
Razvanica
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Razvanica »

I remember it was already discussed (with a slight difference) and apparently SP developers don't agree with it, because only good players would stay in the game, and this would increase the average quality of players in the game. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the topic where this was discussed.

My opinion is that it would be a nice feature to have and it could help fighting against inflation.
Harder, better, faster, stronger
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

Based on several of the latest game changes, inflation is a very major concern in the game right now, so if this helps inflation, it would seem good even if it does increase the average player quality a little bit--and is that really a negative?

Is that even what will happen really? This proposal doesn't add any players to the SP universe, it only moves them amongst teams, and like I proposed, a manager could very rarely take advantage of these players because of transfer rules (1 per season on average), so it would take numerous seasons to have a huge impact on any one team.

Even if the game were to be flooded with star players (and that won't happen if managers don't leave SP!), it makes managing all other aspects and strategy all the more important. And isn't that what it's all about? "Can you manage it?"
Notwell
Team President

Post by Notwell »

I don't like the suggestion, simply because I think the transfer market should be interaction between managers. I don't know the number of managers quitting the game, but surely the turnover must be significant. In every game people come and go.

This could easily be a huge part of the market with such a change implemented..
minasthiryt

Post by minasthiryt »

I don't know why, but I think this idea it will be a strong advantage for strong teams...only teams with a large budget they could offer(and pay him for a long time) good wages to those players, seems fair that when a manager withdraws and his team must also be removed...

this is my opinion on this idea :wink:
CF POLI IASI
CUPA REGELEUI Organizer
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

I don't really see an advantage in this change except for the inflation advantage and I don't think that would be a good enough reason to integrate it. I personnally don't see any advantage in keeping these players in the game.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
spootytown
Team Board Member

Post by spootytown »

Sjarel wrote:I don't really see an advantage in this change except for the inflation advantage and I don't think that would be a good enough reason to integrate it. I personnally don't see any advantage in keeping these players in the game.
Yet you limit ad boards, impose new taxes and fees just to combat inflation... and there are ZERO advantages to the managers for those penalties. They are simply penalties and taxes.

My proposal tackles the inflation issue, and could benefit managers and their teams by having slightly more quality players available to the public than before.

@minasthiryt, I said only 1 of these SP players could only be bought every 2 seasons, so it would be very hard for any team to build a collection of these players. Besides, the strong teams can already bid whatever they want. Sjarel recently paid 8million for a sweeper for example! This proposal should bring down transfer prices anyway, so more teams should be able to compete, not just the strongest teams.
minasthiryt

Post by minasthiryt »

spootytown wrote:This proposal should bring down transfer prices anyway, so more teams should be able to compete, not just the strongest teams.
I don't know how this could "bring down transfer prices"...I think would can only expand it AND in place of those players(that you talk about) would disappear others, as a result, newly established teams what players would they can buy?so that teams can progress in the future?!...

idea is a two edged :wink:

excuse my english :?
CF POLI IASI
CUPA REGELEUI Organizer
cruxify
Team President

Post by cruxify »

minasthiryt wrote:
spootytown wrote:This proposal should bring down transfer prices anyway, so more teams should be able to compete, not just the strongest teams.
I don't know how this could "bring down transfer prices"...I think would can only expand it AND in place of those players(that you talk about) would disappear others, as a result, newly established teams what players would they can buy?so that teams can progress in the future?!...

idea is a two edged :wink:

excuse my english :?
I don't understand how an influx of these players would cause other players to disappear...? If a G division team quits then there will be an increase of 70-80 GR players. If a D division team or higher quits then there will be more 80-90 GR players, which would bring the price down slightly as there are a lot more players of that caliber to bid for. How would it drive the price up? Also you will find that a lot more H/G division teams quit over D-A division teams so it's not like there will be 100 pages full of 70 BP players.
nuno
Assistant Coach

Post by nuno »

Sjarel wrote:I don't really see an advantage in this change except for the inflation advantage and I don't think that would be a good enough reason to integrate it. I personnally don't see any advantage in keeping these players in the game.

the only thing you see an advantage is fucking this game .............................
PaToM

Post by PaToM »

nuno wrote: the only thing you see an advantage is fucking this game .............................
Wonder he hasn't got ban yet... :D

Well, I would like to know why are you all still talking about the inflation. Are you afraid of it, or what??? :lol: Perhaps, I don't understand it, but I'm still wondering something like: "Oh, what a great idea, it might help to fight with inflation on SP." or "That's not very good idea, it might enhance inflation. Oh my god, are you crazy? It would be terrible!"
Perhaps now I look like a totally unexperienced beginning player, but... I feel it so.
Don't worry about economic on SP. The money are virtual and made by computer. Or not??
FC Hostage
_________
Slovak League (Slovenská Liga)

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) <-- This is Bunny, The Great Emperor.
Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
jamiehutber
Team President

Post by jamiehutber »

I can't see this as an advanage to the game what-so-ever. Normal players prices would go right down, expect i guess with the advanage of IBN.

I was thinking maybe include a small random number of the teams players instead of the entire squad?
(,")you're drunk! Yes my dear, but tomorrow i will be sober. and you, you will still be ugly (",)

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”