Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Phariseu
Team Manager

Youth Player Bug

Post by Phariseu »

I´m still waiting...

http://forum.soccerproject.com/viewtopic.php?t=18129

I want to cleary understand why my last 3 youth players did not pull to main squad.
For the record i have hitech center and 100% youth coordinator rating.

If the answer is bad luck, i have the right to ask for an option in soccer project to dismantle my youth center. Why am i paying for a center which dont give me what i want (players)? Only to remember supporting a youth center has expenses. :evil:
Team Phariseu FC - E.1
OscarCookie
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Re: Youth Player Bug

Post by OscarCookie »

Phariseu wrote:I´m still waiting...

I want to cleary understand why my last 3 youth players did not pull to main squad.

If the answer is bad luck, i have the right to ask for an option in soccer project to dismantle my youth center. Why am i paying for a center which dont give me what i want (players)? Only to remember supporting a youth center has expenses. :evil:
As I already said in the other topic, there is a perfect explanation for your problem, and it's called random...

There are 11 possible positions... Presume that there is a chance of 1/12 that your youthplayer isn't good enough...

The chance of not getting a youth player 3 times in a row is 1/12 * 1/12 * 1/12 = 1/1728...

Which means you were just unlucky...

Random does not have a memory, you can throw a dice 700 times, and throw 6 all the time, the 701th time, the chance to throw a 6 is as big as the first time you threw the dice ;)
S1:- S2:3/E34 S3:1/E34 S4:2/D12 S5:2/C4 S6:3/B2 S7:6/B2 S8:2/B2 S9:7/A S10:9/A S11: 9/A S12:12/A S13: 12/B2 S14:1/C5 S15:6/B2 S16:2/B2 S17:7/A S18:16/A
S36: ?/H38
Phariseu
Team Manager

Post by Phariseu »

OscarCookie wrote:

As I already said in the other topic, there is a perfect explanation for your problem, and it's called random...

There are 11 possible positions... Presume that there is a chance of 1/12 that your youthplayer isn't good enough...

The chance of not getting a youth player 3 times in a row is 1/12 * 1/12 * 1/12 = 1/1728...

Random does not have a memory, you can throw a dice 700 times, and throw 6 all the time, the 701th time, the chance to throw a 6 is as big as the first time you threw the dice ;)
If you feel my case is bad luck, you must agree that having a option to dismantle a youth center is valid. Right?
Team Phariseu FC - E.1
OscarCookie

Post by OscarCookie »

Phariseu wrote:
OscarCookie wrote:

If you feel my case is bad luck, you must agree that having a option to dismantle a youth center is valid. Right?
No, because I believe that the efforst you put into your youth centre, will always pay back... Even if you get only one good youth player, he will be worth much, much, much more than you ever had to pay for your centre...
S1:- S2:3/E34 S3:1/E34 S4:2/D12 S5:2/C4 S6:3/B2 S7:6/B2 S8:2/B2 S9:7/A S10:9/A S11: 9/A S12:12/A S13: 12/B2 S14:1/C5 S15:6/B2 S16:2/B2 S17:7/A S18:16/A
Peja

Post by Peja »

Not a bug, so it's in the wrong place, and crossposting isn't necessary, especially not when some people already answered your question...

*Closed*
Sjarel

Post by Sjarel »

Indeed, not a bug.

But dismantling a youth centre, as well as stadium capacity etc might be an interesting idea. I'll move this topic to "requested features, so others can share their opinions about this.
SoccerProject: Can you manage it ?
h00psta
Team Board Member

Post by h00psta »

Personally I'd never dismantle my youth center, even if I didn't get any players 5 times in a row. The one time you do get one, he is at least decent, usually good quality.
Season 2: 1st in F.4
Season 3: 4th in E.2
Season 4: 3rd in E.2
Season 5: 2nd in E.2
Season 6: 2nd in D.1
Season 7: 9th in C.1
Season 8: 14th in C.1
Season 9: D.1

Friendly Cups won: 15

Back-to-Back Promotion Manager
Phariseu
Team Manager

Post by Phariseu »

h00psta wrote:Personally I'd never dismantle my youth center, even if I didn't get any players 5 times in a row. The one time you do get one, he is at least decent, usually good quality.
Depends.
A hiper modern center costs 20.000 per week.
If you dont pull 5 players in a row, it means during 100 days (+ - 14 weeks) you will pay 20.000*14 but dont receive any return.

Another thing.... if buying a player, teamspirit didnt decrease, i will never build a youth center.
Because? Well, because i can choose which position i want to buy. Not in youth center pulls.
Team Phariseu FC - E.1
h00psta
Team Board Member

Post by h00psta »

Well, it might be a good idea to implement dismantling it, but personally, I would never go close to doing this. I doubt many managers would feel the same way as you, but to have the option? Why not...
Season 2: 1st in F.4
Season 3: 4th in E.2
Season 4: 3rd in E.2
Season 5: 2nd in E.2
Season 6: 2nd in D.1
Season 7: 9th in C.1
Season 8: 14th in C.1
Season 9: D.1

Friendly Cups won: 15

Back-to-Back Promotion Manager
OscarCookie

Post by OscarCookie »

Phariseu wrote:
h00psta wrote:Personally I'd never dismantle my youth center, even if I didn't get any players 5 times in a row. The one time you do get one, he is at least decent, usually good quality.
Depends.
A hiper modern center costs 20.000 per week.
If you dont pull 5 players in a row, it means during 100 days (+ - 14 weeks) you will pay 20.000*14 but dont receive any return.

Another thing.... if buying a player, teamspirit didnt decrease, i will never build a youth center.
Because? Well, because i can choose which position i want to buy. Not in youth center pulls.
How much is 280 000 in this game? It's really peanuts :)

Even with the 1.5M it would have cost you to build the 3 youth centers + the cost for maintaining it for 6 seasons, which is 10*6*20.000 = 1.2M, sums up to 2.7M, if you get one player like my RB, you would have earned it back easily... Selling him would give me 25M with my eyes closed...
And in 6 seasons, you get lots of players :)
Youth centers aren't only a way to get players, they are a way to earn money too... Without money, you can't buy players at all :)
jaluis
Team Board Member

Post by jaluis »

OscarCookie wrote:

Just to play a bit with the numbers...

If you say that there is one chance in 12 that you have a bad youth, then as you said, you have 1/1728 of chances of having three bad youth in a row...

So, it means that in 1728 managers, in average one will be the unlucky one... and if we have 8000 managers playing now, it means that in average, maybe 5 of them will have that awful luck you say...and, helas, we already find 2 of them !!!!!!... if you consider that the forum is much less used than SP (I think probably not even one third of managers read the forum), it´s very unsual to find already the two unlucky guys....

Doesn´t it sounds a bit strange ?????
Randall Rovers
Team President

Post by Randall Rovers »

I agree with that, i have only produced one player but as i have seen, youngsters rated 20% are being bidded at 500,000 and some higher. So three of those players and you have your constrution prices back.

Its a way to make a profit and a class team.
Randall Rovers

Season 6: 4th in G.584
Season 7: 1st in G.584
Season 8: ???.....F.195

Winner of 16 Friendly Cups.
pelsen

Post by pelsen »

jaluis wrote:Just to play a bit with the numbers...

If you say that there is one chance in 12 that you have a bad youth, then as you said, you have 1/1728 of chances of having three bad youth in a row...

So, it means that in 1728 managers, in average one will be the unlucky one... and if we have 8000 managers playing now, it means that in average, maybe 5 of them will have that awful luck you say...and, helas, we already find 2 of them !!!!!!... if you consider that the forum is much less used than SP (I think probably not even one third of managers read the forum), it´s very unsual to find already the two unlucky guys....

...when everyone only gets 3 youth players, but I've allready had 12 opportunities to receive a youth player.
This fact raises the chance of not receiving a youth player 3 times in a row.
jaluis
Team Board Member

Post by jaluis »

pelsen wrote:
jaluis wrote:Just to play a bit with the numbers...

...when everyone only gets 3 youth players, but I've allready had 12 opportunities to receive a youth player.
This fact raises the chance of not receiving a youth player 3 times in a row.
Yes, I agree with you, but even with that is a bit strange to know already two managers having this problem...

To get better information, only making a survey to see to how many players this situation have already happened in the past...

... I would be more keen on considering that problably the chance of getting a bad player is bigger than 1/12... only developpers can tell...
Yves004

Post by Yves004 »

If the chance is 1/12, it will always be 1/12.

If you flip a coin there's always 50% chance for either side. However if you flip it 1000 times it will be near 500 times each. But every individual throw has 50% chance to become head or tails.

It's the same with pulls: after 1200 pulls you should get about 100 from each position and 100 not good enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”