SP Champions league - all seasons

Everything about this online soccer manager game

Moderator: Moderator

gregoric
Team President

Re: SP Champions league - all seasons

Post by gregoric »

Round 3 & 4 have been completed -> you can see all results and statistics in the top post of this topic (as usual).

Group A
The biggest favorite of the season is playing as expected so far - Chelsea champion won all 4 games, and they are the only team that haven't lost any point yet. However, 3rd round of this group brought a big surprise - Sparta Palmeiras lost 0:1 home against Dvaro FC. Belgian team played far behind their possibilities (123 only) - but they took the next game seriously and took the 3 points back away in Lithuania. Sparta played 147 - that's the current best away performance of this season. Lithuanian team was seeded from the 4th pot and despite the loss in 4th round, they still have a real chance to get into the quarterfinals. There is also still a theoretical chance for Scolopax. Czech team didn't get any point, but in case they win last two games, we could have three teams with 6 points. Looking at the current maximum of these teams, this option is not very realistic though.

Group B
This will be probably the most dramatic group. After 4 rounds, the difference between first and last is "just" 6 points. As expected, S.S. Wallachs are leading the group, however they already lost 4 points. Very important game will come already next week - Belgian derby between KFC Heist and lesbuffalos can decide on who will get to the quarterfinals. Both teams gained 5 points, lesbuffalos are in slightly better situation (they won their home game against KFC 3:2), so they could be happy as well with a draw. FC Jazero is three points behind, with a bit of luck they can make some drama here in the last two games. Interestingly, in their both home games we had attendance higher than 10.000 fans!

Group C
Opposite to group B, quarterfinalists are already clear here - the only question is who will end on the top of this group. Right now AC Draha Prague is leading the group just one point ahead of U.C. SAMPDORIA. On the other hand, Bulgarians will host AC Draha in the next round. I personally see better chances for Czech side, as they're showing better performances - but if U.C. SAMPDORIA plays their best, they can potentially win the battle. FK Kabelwerk will most likely take the 3rd place - which would be a bit surprising, as they qualified to the group stage thanks to the fact that me_dinamo decided to quit just before the start of this season. However, Austrian team shows quite consistent performance and their maximum is not bad at all - 139.

Group D
Last group looks exactly as expected after 4 rounds - rogiboys are leading the table 3 points ahead of FC Remedy. And to confirm the group victory, they just need one more victory. FC Remedy still has a small chance to win the group, but they will be more concerned to defend the second position. Lithuanian team fc ragutis is just one point behind and they will host FC Remedy in the next round. Based on the previous games, this should be a clear game for the Dutch, but still - they just can't underestimate their opponent. Interesting thing is that FC Remedy is the lowest scoring team of the group stage (together with Dvaro FC) - they scored only 2 goals in 4 games. On the other hand, they have the best defence (together with Chelsea champion) - they only received one goal.
Another interesting fact - the game between FC Remedy and rogiboys (0:1) has beaten previous season's attendance record - the game was seen by 11.975 fans.
Team: FC Rovinka

History:
First season: 51 - 1. in H.890; Winner of G (53), F (54), E (57, 63 & 78), D (64, 70 & 79), C (65) and B (81). Played 2 seasons in A division (73 & 82).
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

Round 5 finished - see updated results & standings.

Before the last group stage weekend, the situation is pretty clear in most of the groups.
We already know 6 quarterfinalists out of 8 - it's clear that S.S. Wallachs, AC Draha Prague and rogiboys will be group winners (B, C, D). And in these three groups, we also know the runners up who already qualified to the QF stage - lesbuffalos, U.C. SAMPDORIA and FC Remedy.
It's a bit paradox in group A - last week I wrote that the biggest favorite - Chelsea champion - is the only team without any loss in this season. However, last weekend they lost the game at Sparta Palmeiras (2:3) - and this means that they are now just 3 points ahead of two teams (Sparta Palmeiras and Dvaro FC). And in theory, this group could end up with three teams on the top with 12 points. And in theory, Chelsea champion could even finish 3rd. I have to say, this is not very likely. The smallest chances to get into the Quarterfinals I see for Lithuanian team - Dvaro FC plays home against Chelsea Champion and they will probably need either a miracle (victory with a high goal difference) or a help of Scolopax in their game against Sparta Palmeiras.

Some interesting things from the 5th round:
- two best games of this season so far: Sparta Palmeiras - Chelsea champion (3:2) and U.C. Sampdoria - AC Draha Prague (0:1) - all four teams played 146.
- in both games of group D the attendance was higher than 10.000 fans. Plus on top, the attendance of the game Sparta - Chelsea was 11.119 - second highest this season. I can say the attendance in overall is quite high so far this season.
- lesbuffalos took an important victory at the stadium of KFC Heist after showing their best performance - 141 (same as their home game against the same opponent)
- FK Kabelwerk's surprising home defeat - thanks to this victory, FC Komunisti moved up to the 3rd place

History:
First season: 51 - 1. in H.890; Winner of G (53), F (54), E (57, 63 & 78), D (64, 70 & 79), C (65) and B (81). Played 2 seasons in A division (73 & 82).
rohalt
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by rohalt »

Is it possible that the topscorers list is not correct ?
I see Kabelwerk with 8 goals. If i see the list : 2 players of that team had made 4 goals and 1 player had made 3 goals => 11 goals
rogiboys
34 Seasons A-player : S42, S50-S60, S71-S79, S82, S88, S93, S95-S96, S98, S103-S109
Max points in A : 64 - 4th position in season 106
SPCL-winner
6 * BENE-liga winner
6 * Half Final Cup : S50, S52, S72, S101, S102, S106
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

rohalt wrote:Is it possible that the topscorers list is not correct ?
I see Kabelwerk with 8 goals. If i see the list : 2 players of that team had made 4 goals and 1 player had made 3 goals => 11 goals
in my excel I have a formula to compare the sum of goals from scorers list with the sum of goals from game scores - so this one I always check to see if totals are matching.
To your point - FK Kabelwerk scored "just" 8 goals in the group stage, but they also played qualification round - and goals from that round are also counted in. I just check all their games - and interestingly, all 11 goals were scored by the trio Zakharenko, Gearey and Roberts. Nobody else from the squad scored a goal - it's almost like FC Barcelona's trident :)

History:
rohalt

Post by rohalt »

Thanks for your explanation
rogiboys
34 Seasons A-player : S42, S50-S60, S71-S79, S82, S88, S93, S95-S96, S98, S103-S109
Max points in A : 64 - 4th position in season 106
SPCL-winner
6 * BENE-liga winner
6 * Half Final Cup : S50, S52, S72, S101, S102, S106
visje69

Post by visje69 »

Glad to see me in the next round for the first time! :D
Thx for all the work you put in this fantastic competition.
Hopefully I can reach one more round, but I have to check because promotion to A has priority :)
Lesbuffalos - Oh father tell me, we get what we deserve... And way down we go...
Winner of the Beneliga Season 78, 80, 103, 104, 105, 106 & 107!
A-league winner of Season 104 & 105!
SP-Cup Winner Season 106, 107 & 108!
Since S1 - August 27 2004
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

Group stage has been finalized. The last round solved the two last QF positions that were open in Group A. As expected, Chelsea champion confirmed their role and they took a victory against Dvaro FC 1:0 despite the fact that it was their worst game this season (133). With 15 points in total, Bulgarian team won the group. Second place was taken by Sparta Palmeiras (12 points) - after the victory against Chelsea in previous round, they finished the group stage with 4:1 away victory - and as well with the best peformance of this season - 150! The interesting thing is, that although overally this season's performances are rather lower compared to last season, we could see a team reaching the 150 mark for the first time in last four seasons!

The only surprise of this round came in group C - FC Komunisti finished their first appearance with a 1:0 victory against U.C. SAMPDORIA. This game hasn't changed anything - as the situation in the group was already clear before the last round.

To summarize the season's group stage, after some time the rankings follow almost exactly the expectations. All teams from POT1 won their groups and teams from POT2 finished second. The only surprise is Lithuanian Dvaro FC (POT4) - they were fighting for the Quarterfinal till the last round and at the end they finished third with 9 points. On the other hand, Scolopax finished 4th without getting any point. Czech team wasn't the only zero team - FC Valid got also 6 losses.

I also made a full draw of Play-offs - you can find it in the main post. The quarterfinal round looks very interesting this season:

QF1: lesbuffalos (BEL) - rogiboys (BEL)
We're starting with a Belgian derby! lesbuffalos is currently fighting for the promotion to A division and this might impact their performance in SPCL. If they send the best squad, they can make some drama here. But definitely, they would need to improve a bit - their current max is 141 (three times played below 140). For rogiboys this will be already third appearance in the Quarterfinals - this time they have a very good chance to go even further. Their average (143) is higher than opponent's max - and they can also focus more on SPCL, as they are in quite calm area of division A right now.

QF2: U.C. SAMPDORIA (BUL) - Chelsea champion (BUL)
Another derby - this time it's a clash of teams representing Bulgarian flag. This seems to be the clearest Quarterfinal, but it can get tricky. Chelsea is fighting for a title in A division and they are the biggest favorite in SPCL as well - although here tehy're not showing the full potential so far (max 146). U.C. SAMPDORIA is leading B division and these two teams will most likely meet in next season's A division. Their maximum is same as Chelseas's (146).

QF3: Sparta Palmeiras (BEL) - S.S. Wallachs (ROM)
First appearance for both teams - and as expected, they both qualified to the final 8. S.S. Wallachs won the group B without loosing a single game, but they lost 4 points (draws against KFC Heist and lesbuffalos). They will certainly need to improve if they want to continue in the tournament, because their opponent will be very strong. Sparta Palmeiras finished second in group A, but they are the holder of the best performance this season (150) - and if they repeat it, they'll most likely look into the Semifinals.

QF4: FC Remedy (NED) - AC Draha Prague (CZE)
Winner of the very first SPCL season against the winner of last season :) Very interesting duel and I really have no idea who will win this. Having in mind the previous games of the season and also situation in A division, I would see slightly higher chances for the Dutch - especially because this can be the most tight game and manager's experience can be the detail that will decide.

So - all 8 managers, good luck in the Play-offs. And as usual, thanks for the remaining participants for a smooth cooperation!

History:
mr charlie

Post by mr charlie »

Fantastic analyzing.
It’s funny to draw SS Wallachs, we meet each other also in the League mach on Monday.
Mr Charlie Chief of Sparta Palmeiras
Fun, thats the spirit
visje69

Post by visje69 »

Matches planned. Its very hard against Rohalt, but that is the level of opponent that I will have next season IF I get to A, so I'm gonna give it my best. I have an easy match on monday so I can go full power ;)
Lesbuffalos - Oh father tell me, we get what we deserve... And way down we go...
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

Quarterfinals started with the game between FC Remedy and AC Draha Prague. Dutch team stayed behind the expectation and after a home loss 1:2 their situation before the second leg is very complicated. AC Draha was leading 2:0 for a while, but then Zapata scored the final goal of the game. Few minutes after the goal he was sent off after a second Yellow card - after that hosts defended the important victory without big troubles. The victory is well deserved - Prague played +6. Second leg is scheduled on Saturday (18:00).
In the second game, Sparta Palmeiras took a 1:0 victory against S.S. Wallachs - and they're in quite good position before the second leg. Both teams played lower than expected (142 vs 134), but it's understandable for a Friday game. Second leg is scheduled on Sunday (10:00)

Thursday: FC Remedy - AC Draha Prague 1:2 (0:1) G: 70' Zapata - 24' Buvé, 67' Atoyan / P: 140 - 146 / A: 6800
Friday: Sparta Palmeiras - S.S. Wallachs 1:0 (1:0) G: 22' Vinamont / P: 142 - 134 / A: 6326

QF1 between lesbuffalos and rogiboys will be played on Saturday (10:00) and Sunday (14:00), QF2 between U.C. SAMPDORIA and Chelsea champion is scheduled on Saturday (14:00) - but the second leg is scheduled exceptionally on Friday 31. 3. So there will be a short time for setting up Semifinal games against the winner of QF3 (!).

History:
visje69

Post by visje69 »

I gave it my all, but two recent A-squad injuries cost me nearly 2 LR which has taken me to a home-loss against Rogiboys 3-4. It is impossible for me to go win at his field with a 2 goal difference. Glad to have survived the group stage, shame it had to end so fast :)

Hopefully I can compete for victory the next edition because my team will be even stronger then :)
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

visje69 wrote:I gave it my all, but two recent A-squad injuries cost me nearly 2 LR which has taken me to a home-loss against Rogiboys 3-4. It is impossible for me to go win at his field with a 2 goal difference. Glad to have survived the group stage, shame it had to end so fast :)

Hopefully I can compete for victory the next edition because my team will be even stronger then :)
Right, 3:4 at home makes it very difficult to turnaround in this game. But, it's still not yet over ;)

Besides the belgian derby, we got another two games today:

Chelsea champion confirmed the expectation and they took an away victory (1:0) at the stadium of U.C. SAMPDORIA - in the best game of the season. Hosts shown their best performance of this season (147), however Chelsea played even one point higher - and just before the half-time break, Hervé Vinamont scored the winning goal.

AC Draha Prague became the first Semifinalist of this season! After Thursday's away victory in Netherlands, Czech team won 3:2 at home and they're still in the game to win the title again. FC Remedy was leading 2:1 after the first half of today's game, but Prague scored two quick goals at the beginning of second half (50' and 54') and then they controlled the game until the final whistle was blown. This means that FC Remedy ends the journey in Quarterfinal round for the fourth time in a row - but on the other hand they are taking the lead in a historical ranking replacing Noldor.

History:
remedy73

Post by remedy73 »

gregoric wrote:(...)
This means that FC Remedy ends the journey in Quarterfinal round for the fourth time in a row - but on the other hand they are taking the lead in a historical ranking replacing Noldor.
Finally! It took me a lifetime to pass Noldor... :P
Next time I hope to reach the semi-finals again. I'm a little disappointed about my performances in the quarterfinals...
FC Remedy is playing in division B.2
Winner SP-cup in Season 43, 56, 59, 89 & 90.
Champion in A in Season 44, 45, 55 & 90.
Winner Beneliga in Season 37, 41, 55, 56, 57, 60, 62, 66, 68, 70, 73, 88, 89 & 90.
Hippopotamus

Post by Hippopotamus »

remedy73 wrote: Finally! It took me a lifetime to pass Noldor... :P
:evil:

...In my opinion you should be disqualified. But first I have to find some (in)sane reason :twisted:
...new beginning...

Seasons 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 83, 84, 85 - on the top of the SP :-)
gregoric
Team President

Post by gregoric »

So - we are now just waiting for the last semifinalist which will be known after the Friday's evening game.

In the two Quarterfinal games that were played today, we didn't get any big surprises. rogiboys confirmed their role of favorite and won also the second leg against lesbuffalos, this time 1:0. It was a well deserved victory for the hosts (144 - 133) - they manage to get into the Top 4 for the first time in their 5th SPCL appearance.

Sparta Palmeiras played a draw away at S.S. Wallachs (2:2) and in their first appearance, they will fight for medals. Belgian team played 147 (one point higher than Wallachs). So - group B will have no representative in the Semifinal round.

History:

Return to “Everything about SP / Questions”