What a ridiculous random mess...

Everything about this online soccer manager game

Moderator: Moderator

andrei.g
Assistant Manager

What a ridiculous random mess...

Post by andrei.g » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:19 am

Hi,

Has anyone ever seen such a ridiculous random with red cards as is this match?

https://www.soccerproject.com/spnewl_ga ... ID=1695579

I basically got eliminated from the cup against a much weaker opponent for getting not 1, not 2 but 3 red cards, even though all my players were unde 20% aggression (lowest aggression 1%, highest 20%). I agree that the difference between lowest and highest aggression players is not ideal, should be under 10% preferably, but still, to get 3 reds and get eliminated like that...
This was especially ridiculous, because my opponent had 13% lowest aggression player and 68% the highest, so a difference of 55% between his lowest and highest aggression players. His total was 50% team aggression + 87% referee strictness + 68% highest player aggression, while my total was 100% team aggression + 87% referee + 20% highest aggression player.

Until now, i tended to not be bothered by the fact that the lowest vs highest player aggression system makes no sense and by the fact that teams can play with 90-100% aggression players + 80-90% referee + 100% team aggression without getting a single red card.
But when i get eliminated like that from the cup in a season where i jeopardized my division A promotion just to get a shot at winning the cup maybe, this leaves me with a bitter taste and i'm thinking to sell all my players and just retire to E division until the game gets closed :(

addicks
Assistant Manager

Re: What a ridiculous random mess...

Post by addicks » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:54 pm

Hi, stop crying, sometimes shit happens, save your tears for the bigger defeats, better to face consequence ...

remedy73
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by remedy73 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:27 pm

It's a fact that random is bigger in SP-cup matches, but 2 direct red cards in 1 match is REAL bad luck. Actually I've never seen that before.
However, technically it's possible to have more than 2 direct red cards in 1 match, so it could be worse... (okay, chances are VERY small)

Direct red cards has nothing to do with you aggressions. These are random generated occasions.
Your double yellow card is the outcome of your aggressionrange. It's not strange that an 18% player got double yellow.

When you're better than your opponent it's only possible to have BAD luck.
And when you're worse than your opponent, it's only possible to have GOOD luck.

It's fun to have random in the game, untill it turns against you. Without random this game would be predictable which should be boring...
FC Remedy is playing in division A
Winner SP-cup in Season 43, 56 & 59.
Champion in A in Season 44, 45 & 55.
Winner Beneliga in Season 37, 41, 55, 56, 57, 60, 62, 66, 68, 70 & 73
Winner Champions League in Season 58.

andrei.g
Assistant Manager

Post by andrei.g » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:52 pm

I agree, Remedy, i wasn't trying to complain... actually, well, just a bit, cause after i've seen that totally out of nowhere result, i really thought about just giving up and going to E and rethink things all over again... but what i was trying to say is that this has to be one of the worst randoms ever in terms of red cards and that maybe the random factor is sometimes too.. random. I'm not asking for changes in the game, but it was so disappointing to go out like that of a cup run that i had a lot of hopes for...

rohalt

Post by rohalt » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:34 pm

I am agree with you…
Chelsea Champion had once a very good team, but each time when it was for the finals, he lost everytime (and manytimes) due to BAD random.
rogiboys
A-player : S42, S50-S60, S71-S79, S82, S88
SPCL-winner
BENE-liga winner
+10 years membership

andrei.g
Assistant Manager

Post by andrei.g » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:00 pm

to be completely honest, this didn't happened to me quite as often, so i should be one of the last people to complain. I admit to that. But it's still frustrating when it happens to you :)

andrei.g
Assistant Manager

Post by andrei.g » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:57 am

Just when i was saying the above... Boom! another one. I got direct red card in 32' and a double yellow card towards the end of a match i could've easily won. My totals were 192, with 0% the least aggressive player and 17% the most aggressive one.
I really need to rethink all i believe that i know about how aggression works. I am aware that the difference between most and least aggressive players in my starting 11 should be under 10 to avoid any risks, but 2 reds with 17% at 192% totals should not be so bad as to justify direct red in min 32...

remedy73

Post by remedy73 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:05 pm

andrei.g wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:57 am
Just when i was saying the above... Boom! another one. I got direct red card in 32' and a double yellow card towards the end of a match i could've easily won. My totals were 192, with 0% the least aggressive player and 17% the most aggressive one.
I really need to rethink all i believe that i know about how aggression works. I am aware that the difference between most and least aggressive players in my starting 11 should be under 10 to avoid any risks, but 2 reds with 17% at 192% totals should not be so bad as to justify direct red in min 32...
You must understand that the chance that a 20% aggression player have twice as much chance to have a card than a 10% aggression player. It's not exactly like that, but working like that. So the direct red card was pure bad luck, but the double yellow cards fits within what I think how it works.
FC Remedy is playing in division A
Winner SP-cup in Season 43, 56 & 59.
Champion in A in Season 44, 45 & 55.
Winner Beneliga in Season 37, 41, 55, 56, 57, 60, 62, 66, 68, 70 & 73
Winner Champions League in Season 58.

visje69

Post by visje69 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:28 pm

remedy73 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:05 pm
andrei.g wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:57 am
You must understand that the chance that a 20% aggression player have twice as much chance to have a card than a 10% aggression player. It's not exactly like that, but working like that. So the direct red card was pure bad luck, but the double yellow cards fits within what I think how it works.
I have a similar understanding.
Thats why high aggression teams seem to get away with lots of yellow cards more frequently because the chance of nicely divided cards is higher since the % on a card is not that different per player.
I used to play 40-50 range and had frequent matches where i could go up to 8/9 cards with no red. Even with 10/11 i got away every now and then. So my understanding is that the closer you are to 0 aggression, the closer the gap has to be.
Lesbuffalos - In hibernation
Winner of the Beneliga Season 78!
Since S1 - August 27 2004

andrei.g
Assistant Manager

Post by andrei.g » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:23 am

Hi Remedy, i understand that the highest aggression player has more chances to get the yellows that my team will receive in a game, i was frustrated more with the direct red card in the last game. Not only looks unjustified to me and it lost the game for me, but it also got the player a 4 match suspension and this is what hurts my team the most. I am now facing 3 direct promotion competitors with 1 LM that is going to get suspended for the next match most likely, he has 2 yellows accumulated. These kind of consequences are something you really don't plan for on the short term, cause you might expect 2 yellows > red from a player in such conditions, but the direct red cards you don't.

@Visje: i agree, that makes sense, higher total aggression + ref strictness means higher chances to get yellows for the whole team and the most aggressive players will have more chances to get yellows. Mathematically, it makes perfect sense if you have in the starting team 10 players with 5% aggression and 1 players with 50% aggression, this last player should theoretically account for half the yellow cards in the match. So if there are 4 yellows in the match, most likely the 50% player will get 2 of them. I understand that as well. Again, it's the random reds that get to me :)

rohalt

Post by rohalt » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:29 pm

Random... if something pass not like you suppose it's "Random".
Perhaps it is not, but it is an error in the game....
Why not? Who can tell me that i am wrong?
rogiboys
A-player : S42, S50-S60, S71-S79, S82, S88
SPCL-winner
BENE-liga winner
+10 years membership

andrei.g
Assistant Manager

Post by andrei.g » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:46 pm

rohalt wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:29 pm
it's entirely possible, but evidence is needed to prove it.

addicks
Assistant Manager

Post by addicks » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:00 pm

rohalt wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:29 pm

It is... We were harshly robbed today in SP Quarterfinals, with 31st min strike from offside... Usiu also admitted - SP needs VAR technology, it shouldn`t be like that... What a disgrace to score so dirty like that... Very disgusting...

visje69

Post by visje69 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:39 am

Even though random frustrates a lot of people, it's most likely the feature in SP that comes closest to real life :lol:
There are countless examples of teams being better and not being able to win. Thats how football works and why we love it so much :wink:
Lesbuffalos - In hibernation
Winner of the Beneliga Season 78!
Since S1 - August 27 2004

Return to “Everything about SP / Questions”