Moral Filter

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Alefantos
Coach

Moral Filter

Post by Alefantos »

It is well known that a player's rating depends (partially) on that player's moral. E.g. player A [50% rating, 50% moral] is better than B [50% rating, 100% moral].

When going through the transfer list, it is very tiring to check each and everyone's moral in order to estimate their 'max' rating. A moral filter will be very helpful as it will save much time.

Keep improving the game!!
Welcome lads, welcome 3-0
Zé da Silva
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Zé da Silva »

After the 'morale filter', people will want an 'experience filter', then a 'main skills filter', and finally an application that would filter everything. You'd just have to input a couple of numbers to find 'your' player.

I like the way things are right now, challenging.
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

Similar system was introduced by manager Frrfrr, but did not have much hands for.
The game will them become totally boring, when you could "google" everything..
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
Alefantos
Coach

Post by Alefantos »

I do not think that it a matter of liking or not.
I believe that it is a matter of improving the game by making it user friendly. Besides, noone forces you to use these filters. It will probably not change your gaming, but it will surely change
mine as well as many others' gaming.

P.S.: Of course experience plays its role and could also require a filter.

P.S. II: Sticking to something one knows better never led to progress...
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

Alefantos wrote:I do not think that it a matter of liking or not.
I believe that it is a matter of improving the game by making it user friendly. Besides, noone forces you to use these filters. It will probably not change your gaming, but it will surely change
mine as well as many others' gaming.

P.S.: Of course experience plays its role and could also require a filter.

P.S. II: Sticking to something one knows better never led to progress...
If you'd have this feature, there will be no more chance to find those hidden good players, who are without their moral. Now, you can go through the TL and find on page 2 or 3 really good player with 0% moral and save a lot of money. With your feature, he will be immediately visible for everyone, making him "hot" in biding and there won't be a chance for beginners to take part in the biding because of their budget.. ;)
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
Zé da Silva

Post by Zé da Silva »

PipkiN wrote:If you'd have this feature, there will be no more chance to find those hidden good players, who are without their moral. Now, you can go through the TL and find on page 2 or 3 really good player with 0% moral and save a lot of money. With your feature, he will be immediately visible for everyone, making him "hot" in biding and there won't be a chance for beginners to take part in the biding because of their budget.. ;)
Yes, but not only some players' prices would rise dramatically, the prices of the other, lower-skilled players, would decrease a lot, making them almost 'unsellable'.

After all, shouldn't those who put a little more effort in searching get benefited by getting those hidden gems? That would be fair.
Last edited by Zé da Silva on Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alefantos
Coach

Post by Alefantos »

A moral filter will make things fairer. Everyone will be able see the 'max' rating of each footballer and consequently, the real value of each player.

'Now, you can go through the TL and find on page 2 or 3 really good player with 0% moral and save a lot of money.'

Hmm... If someone saves a lot of money, this means that someone does not take the money they should.. Not taking the money one should because of not knowing (e.g. because of being a begginer) the rating-moral formula is very close to cheating.

The question posed is: 'Do we want to make this game fair or do we want to make money?'
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

Alefantos wrote:The question posed is: 'Do we want to make this game fair or do we want to make money?'
Another question is: Can you manage it?

I think finding a good player with lower morale is a key motive for smarter buyers, this is where the experience of the manager kicks in. In other words, how good are you identifying potential good players for your team?
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
Alefantos
Coach

Post by Alefantos »

Knowing a formula does not make you smarter. It can only help you cheat, oops!, save money on those who do not.
As for experience, it does have nothing to do with it. It takes a few days to find your way around or just a friendly conversation with someone who already knows who things work.

I can understand someone's desire to dominate over others, even it is just a game my friends, but you can always do it the right way. After all, it will give you more satisfaction if you know that you played fair.

But if you insist that you should spend hours after hours in front of your pc scouting players one by one, why don't we mask all attributes and leave only performances public? You should then search all players to follow each one's performance. Nice?

Of course this is not why we are playing this game. Instead we should help more people joining us by making it user friendly. The game is well designed so it never gets boring? Why not making it popular too?
warchilde

Post by warchilde »

you don't get it do you??? the TL is perfect the way it is.
people who try hard to find a player should always get a benefit for it.
if you're too lazy to look for a good player, then pay more.
Alefantos
Coach

Post by Alefantos »

It is a matter of justice but you are more interested in getting the upper hand!! You do not even have any arguments to support your opinion!
Trying harder is apparently NOT an argument. You can still try hard by NOT using such a feature!!

I hope I am clear.
warchilde

Post by warchilde »

i don't have any arguments??
read line 2 and 3 again..if you don't understand...read it again
and so on. those are the arguments.
C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

Alefantos wrote:Knowing a formula does not make you smarter. It can only help you cheat, oops!, save money on those who do not.
So you're saying that if we buy a good player who's morale is low, we're cheating?

If every soccer manager in real life had a "Google" search for players with low morale, some unknown players would be worth millions more, but that doesn't happen, does it? Instead Top managers know how to select good players and not spend cazillions (like chelsea) on players, example of good management, Milan.

Of course a newbie will be exposed to mistakes, but who hasn't made mistakes when they were newbies? I mean it happens in every game you're going to play. If you're a newbie, chances are, you are going to make mistakes a few times and maybe even fail. This applies to every existent game and in every type of game you play, including consoles and PC games, and every real life game you play aswell.

Also, It's the sellers will to leave the player with low morale, he can easily play friendlies and improve he's player's morale, thus improving the chances of higher bids. But that's up to the seller.
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
Alefantos
Coach

Post by Alefantos »

I will be glad to show how your 'arguments' collapse:

line 2
'people who try hard to find a player should always get a benefit for it'

It is commonplace that hard work is to be rewarded. I do not critisise the amount of your work. I congratulate you for that. What I critisise is the way your are working. If we accept what you suggest, then we must reward hard working thieves (you can replace thieves with whatever name you like).

line 3
'if you're too lazy to look for a good player, then pay more'

First of all, you are very rude and I ask you to take back the word 'lazy'. I shall replace 'lazy' with 'commiting little time' because this is what you are meaning. Again, I do not disagree with the opinion that 'time is money' and as long as I want to spend less time I have pay the cost. But for one more, and I hope last, time I stress that it is the way you get the benefit is wrong.

In both lines 2 and 3 you use normative sentences without providing any premises. Therefore the conclusion you reached is too general and of no actual value.

P.S.: Someone broke my car window and stole my camera last night. My compliments to him for his hard work. He is invited to take the battery charger as a reward...
PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

I don't think that Sjarel will reduce workload of his servers or time/data you spend there only because you want to...
And this "tool" willdo that, it was mentioned before and disagreed, if you find buying time-wasting, simply don't visit transfer market.. ;)
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”