Match times.

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

lee400
Team President

Match times.

Post by lee400 »

Managers should be able to decide whether to have a match at the time or not.

What I mean by this is that we should be able to cross out some times - and at these times, absolutely no matches will take place (Friendly cup games will be scheduled at some other time, and no invitations can be made).

And to show the difference (if necessary), the new fixtures table could look something like this;

04:00 bla bla : bla bla 2 Set / Change
10:00 bla bla : available Invite team.
14:00 Manager has not allowed a match at this time.
18:00 bla bla : bla bla 2 Set / Change
22:00 bla bla : bla bla 2 Set / Change

Any opinions? Its because I really find it difficult to look after my players. For example, I'd rather have no matches on sun, and only 3 matches each day (excluding official game), but fr cup schedules ruin this, and ruin my plan to look after my A-team's Moral/fitness.

Please write your own opinion below.

Thanks
Username: Sir Lee (former lee400)
Team: AFC Bournemouth (Former Yunderland FC)

NEED ANY HELP, TIPS OR ADVICE?
JOIN www.sptips.co.nr NOW AND ASK FOR 1:1 HELP! RECEIVE A REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS!
cercel_jr
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by cercel_jr »

I agree with having the option: "The manager doesn't allow any fixtures at this time".

PS.: You also can trick the system. The hard thing to do is to find a team to wich to send friendly invitations, and that team to not accept does invitations. You just send fr invitations for the time you don't want to play a game, so the game engine doesn't schedule a game if there is a fr invitation sended to a team.
Manager: cyp
Team: Fotbal Club Botosani

May the random be with me!
zandyy
Team Manager

Post by zandyy »

This is of course a very helpful feature. However, I’m generally for new features that modernise the game, make it closer to reality and more complex, or solve existing problems. This ‘problem’ is a major headache for many, but ‘solving’ it will make the game substantially easier. I’m not sure this should be our goal, sorry Lee.
lee400
Team President

Post by lee400 »

cercel_jr, I now need to find a team! But it is indeed very hard!

And zandyy, what you are saying is indeed true, it makes everything far more complicated, but as you say, isn't it more realistic to be able to control the fixture times for friendlies? :?:

JOIN www.sptips.co.nr NOW AND ASK FOR 1:1 HELP! RECEIVE A REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS!
cercel_jr

Post by cercel_jr »

lee400 wrote:cercel_jr, I now need to find a team! But it is indeed very hard!
I sended you a in-game message about this. :wink:

Frrfrr
Team Board Member

Post by Frrfrr »

you may solve this issue temporary, that you send invitation to the player, whom you know he will not accept your invitation ...

however sure your proposal is great, this would not require to plan those dummy matches i schedule with some friends ...
lee400
Team President

Post by lee400 »

thanks for agreeing, Frrfrr! :wink:

PipkiN

Post by PipkiN »

The only negative thing is that now the tournaments will take much longer time to play, according to managers waiting for recovering of the key players.. :roll:

Now I am in a tournament waiting 2 weeks to one silly manager to play his match, and this will longer this waiting period..
Second, while looking at your fixtures, the blocked times are not shown.
playing in C2
Turnaj Slaná baterka
bunicutzu

Post by bunicutzu »

i don't agree with this, it is possible that a 32 cup with no groups to take 10 weeks which is more than a season! because it's enough to exist 1 team who plays a lot of matches and also blocks the rest of the dates to asure his key players are ok and so ... the whole 32 teams would be blocked. imagine that a manager is pissed off ... he will enter the 5 cups he can, he will block everything and that would be annoying for 31*5 teams. just because we cannot manage the team in a proper way without the help of the system ...
i think the difference between good managers and other managers is made by keeping the game difficult and not by making him too easy.

a solution for this ... i think that if we would be able to block a date only at a 4 days distance (a cup game is set at a difference of 3 days) would be better.
cercel_jr

Post by cercel_jr »

bunicutzu wrote:i don't agree with this, it is possible that a 32 cup with no groups to take 10 weeks which is more than a season! because it's enough to exist 1 team who plays a lot of matches and also blocks the rest of the dates to asure his key players are ok and so ... the whole 32 teams would be blocked. imagine that a manager is pissed off ... he will enter the 5 cups he can, he will block everything and that would be annoying for 31*5 teams. just because we cannot manage the team in a proper way without the help of the system ...
i think the difference between good managers and other managers is made by keeping the game difficult and not by making him too easy.

a solution for this ... i think that if we would be able to block a date only at a 4 days distance (a cup game is set at a difference of 3 days) would be better.
Indeed 4 days it's more than enough, but 3 weeks it is very much.
If it's not used careffuly this new improvement can do lots of "damage" to lot's of managers.
I think you rushed a little bit and didn't took this issue in consideration.

C.A. Peñarol
Team President

Post by C.A. Peñarol »

Personally, i like blocking all Sunday off, so i think it's a good feature, even though friendly cups will probably take a little more. But every feature has it's pros and cons.
Manager: Gabriel_

Season 23 G.240 16th
Season 24 H.720 5th
Season 25 H.720 1st
Season 26 G.240 1st
Season 27 F.80 1st
Season 28 E.27 1st
Season 29 D.9 1st
Season 30 C.3 3rd
Season 31 C.3 1st
Season 32 B.1 2nd
Season 33 A.1 ???
lee400
Team President

Post by lee400 »

well, now, whether you like it or not, its true!

cercel_jr

Post by cercel_jr »

lee400 wrote:well, now, whether you like it or not, its true!
I like it, because it makes my schedule easier and I don't have to look for managers to send invitations.
3 weeks it's too much, anyway, but this is a small minus for this feature, the plus is bigger, so it's ok.

happyna17

Post by happyna17 »

PipkiN wrote: Second, while looking at your fixtures, the blocked times are not shown.
:idea: :)
cercel_jr

Post by cercel_jr »

Look's like we can't block more than 10 slots. :wink:
This is good to know. :wink:

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”